Page 1 of 2
Basically, my little brother knocked my guitar over, causing the two top machine heads of either side to break off. They smashed into tiny little pieces, pretty much un-fixable now, and I'm seriously ****ing pissed off. Should I take it to the nearest musical shop to get the machine heads changed, or is their another way? Just for the record, the guitar is a Vintage VS6, and the tuners are Wilkinson deluxe (in the snotty green colour), if this helps.

Thanks for any help.
Can't you just take out the machine heads and get new ones? if it is truely fucked then get a new neck.
My Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Peavey Vypyr 30
DW Collector's 3 pc drums
Mapex Black panther snare
Sabian AAX/Zildjian K cymbals.
I would buy new ones, but unfortunately, you can only buy them in packs of 6, (3 for either side) which I don't want.
Quote by sglover34479
make him pay for the work, or if he doesn't have money, make him work it off.

This... your brother was the responsible one, he should pay for the damages. if he refuses, sue him. Even if he is your brother, it can become a legal case (destruction of property)
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Ok so you have 2 options.

1) Play with 2 strings missing
2) Buy a new set of tuning pegs.

Answer is obvious.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
If your brother is just a little kid just tell him that you don't love him anymore. He'll probably start crying.

As to the guitar, get it repaired, pay 10$ for new machine heads.
Have your brother pay for fixing the guitar! You can always sue him if he denies doing so.
"Fly with me forever high
And with these wings
We'll set the world on fire
Fly with me through scorching skies
You and I - The lie of lies"

-Symphony X
sacrifice your brother by letting him eat the remainings of your guitar, then slice his throat and there will be a UberGuitar in his belly. Feed that fire for about 16.25 hours and you will have God's guitar in your hands.

Or you can pussy out and do what you mentioned earlier
I fell asleep on my arm once, scariest thing that ever happened to me. I thought it was kill.
If you're brother is old enough to have some money of his own, get him to pay you for new machine heads. If he isn't old enough, he can't have known better and it's your fault for not keeping your guitar safe.

Also, what are you gonna sue him for, $10? I'm pretty sure legal fees will be a little more than that...
"I hope I die before I get old"-Words of Pete Townsend, 1945-

"I hope I die before I turn into Pete Townsend"-Words of Kurt Cobain, 1967-1994

Funny old world eh.
seriously? you guys would think about sueing your little (i'm assuming he is under 12) brother? i hate to say this, but you all sound pretty heartless, especially over an inanimate object such as a guitar, and it wasnt like he set the whoel guitar on fire, just knocked out two tuners. remember - he is your brother, your own flesh and blood. sure, my sister and i have qualms, but at the end of the day i still love her and would never think oterhwise.

just let him know that you are unhappy with him, and see if he can help make it up to you, and that you would really appreciate any help he can do (whether it is cleaning your room, doing some of your chores, pitching in some money).

this isnt the end of the world, so calm down, take a deep breath, you'll get through this.
go tell your mommy. if that happend to me, i would deny his life and kill him. i would do to his skull what he did to the machines
Quote by Skierinanutshel
seriously? you guys would think about sueing your little (i'm assuming he is under 12) brother? i hate to say this, but you all sound pretty heartless, especially over an inanimate object such as a guitar, and it wasnt like he set the whoel guitar on fire, just knocked out two tuners. remember - he is your brother, your own flesh and blood. sure, my sister and i have qualms, but at the end of the day i still love her and would never think oterhwise.

just let him know that you are unhappy with him, and see if he can help make it up to you, and that you would really appreciate any help he can do (whether it is cleaning your room, doing some of your chores, pitching in some money).

this isnt the end of the world, so calm down, take a deep breath, you'll get through this.

y so srs?
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
Buy a new set of tuners but better ones than the Wilkinsons you've got. That way, you can just upgrade the entire lot.

Although I think those Wilkinson tuners are pretty good as they are. >_>
He's only 6, and it was an accident, so I blame myself more for not keeping it safe.

Anyway, I've taken out the two tuners that broke, and the only website I can find selling Wilkinson tuners does them for £30 in a pack of 6. Is there anywhere in the UK you guys know of that I can buy them on their own?
Get a new brother
Gear:
ESP LTD EC-401FM STB
Ibanez AR307
Bugera Infinium 333XL
London City Bulldog
Line 6 Pod HD 300
Digitech Digiverb
Wishlist:
Pedalboard
Just buy the pack so you have spares.
My Gear:
Peavey Vypyr 30
**** happens, just replace them and carry on and rock out
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by random_B-RAD

Answer is obvious.

+1

You're making a big deal over a small price.
PRS SE Custom 24
Albion TCT 35
Focusrite iTrack Solo
go RAMBO on his ass then go buy new tuning pegs. end of story
HELLO !

Fender Yngwie Malmsteen Stratocaster
Ibanez RG321MH
Fender Frontman 212R
BOSS ME-50
Now would be a good excuse to buy some nice locking tuners to make sure your guitar doesn't go out of tune and so that you can buy metal ones so they won't break.

Either that, or just get the same ones, they really aren't that expensive and if it happens again you won't have to waste more money buying more. I say waste because if you buy them one at a time, it costs more if you need to replace all 6 if you get me.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Why are people saying Sue him? What the heck is wrong with you people? How much does it cost for 2 tuning pegs? SERIOUSLY...
Just get a nice pack, $60, replace them all, at least they wont look like snot green...
...and pics of the guitar.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
Quote by KiraIBZ
Why are people saying Sue him? What the heck is wrong with you people? How much does it cost for 2 tuning pegs? SERIOUSLY...
Just get a nice pack, $60, replace them all, at least they wont look like snot green...
...and pics of the guitar.

this.

he's 6.

I just want to see a video...

"b-b-bwuudda?"

"yeah?"

"I...I bloked your guitar!!!! I'm sorry!" *cries*

"you what?!"
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
just replace all machineheads altogether
,geez wtf is with my keyboard?
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by Dawnwalker
just replace all machineheads altogether
,geez wtf is with my keyboard?

WTF is with your font its hard to read

Anyway just replace them with nice locking tuners now its a good opportunity to do so.
Ibanez RG7321
Jackson Randy Rhoads V with Floyd Rose
Peavey Valveking 112
Digitech RP70 Guitar Processor
You were keeping your guitar on its stand weren't you?
Another person who had to learn the hard way like I did with my Strat years ago.
Moving on.....
I had same situation on my Les Paul, and I had to order a new set of 6 Gibson Deluxe tuners from America, and pay to get them installed.

I couldn't make my sister pay either because she was 4 at the time..
Quote by random_B-RAD

Answer is obvious.

Option 1 sounds the most realilistic to me.
Make him pay for the damages and put some nice new machine heads in will your at it
Quote by JessicaGonzo
Option 1 sounds the most realilistic to me.

option 2 seems to be supported by by more grammatical experts however.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Lord Waltaa
sacrifice your brother by letting him eat the remainings of your guitar, then slice his throat and there will be a UberGuitar in his belly. Feed that fire for about 16.25 hours and you will have God's guitar in your hands.

Or you can pussy out and do what you mentioned earlier

Go back to the pit, your kind isnt wanted here.
Quote by candysars
Thank you Jesusaurus.
just had to drop in a comment how the title relates to your name
You like it
Quote by Plaeghdraeger
Get a new brother

yes, i think that upgrading your brother would be the best possible option

or a door lock?
"If you're looking for me,
you better check under the sea,
because that's where you'll find me..."
do the 4 string guitar the guy from soulfly does this
"Black gives way to more black."

I have UG Black Style and I can barely read my signature.

Also, I like black.

~DawnwalkerALL HAIL COMRADE DAWNWALKER
Quote by wouldyakindly
If you're brother is old enough to have some money of his own, get him to pay you for new machine heads. If he isn't old enough, he can't have known better and it's your fault for not keeping your guitar safe.

Also, what are you gonna sue him for, $10? I'm pretty sure legal fees will be a little more than that...

If you win, then the little brat has to pay the court appearances and all legal fees.

I write songs.
YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THEM
Currently Requiring Crits:
none
my bro broke the neck straight off my $700 les paul, you're lucky
Gear

Epiphone les paul Standard (sunburst)

Crate Vintage Club 50

Ibanez TS9 (Turbo Version?)

Alvarez Jumbo Acoustic
^^ That's why guitar cases were invented!
Moving on.....
Page 1 of 2