right!

i need some help on getting a sort of daisy chain/power block type power supply for my pedals. at the moment i use the following:

Hardwire CM-2 Tube Overdrive
Boss NS-2 Noise Suppressor
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
Digitech Whammy 4

ive have to run th CM2 and NS2 on 9 volt batteries cause im unsure about using a daisy chain because of the power they need to be run is different. ive been running the Digitech Whammy on they supply that it came with and running the WD-7 on a bog standard universal powersupply thing, but its been sparking so ive stopped using that lol. could someone look into the pedals for me and reccomend something thatd run them all safely as i have no idea about it!

any help would be highly appriciated!
What's your budget? If it's good, I HIGHLY recommend the Voodoo Labs Pedal Power 2 Plus. It's very very good, but it's just shy of 200 dollars. The BBE SupaCharga (something like that) and the Dunlop Brick are also decent units and around the 100 dollar ranges, and in the lower range are the Visual Sound OneSpots and the Godlyke Power-Alls. The issue with those two, from anecdotal things I've heard is that since their power isn't isolated like the higher end stuff they can be a bit noisy, and tend to not do anything but 9v, but they do work good for a great many people around here.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

VOLUME SWELLING OCTAVE MONGER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Last edited by BaffAttack at Mar 28, 2009,
i use a godlyke power all but it wont power anyhting above 9 v and COMPLETELY SILENT
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Last edited by Harvesterofsrrw at Mar 28, 2009,
Godlyke! That's the name of the manufacturer! Thanks for jogging my memory (albeit inadvertently). I shall edit my post accordingly.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
sorry i never write my budget lol, id say upto about 150gbp, so would the voodoo be able to power all the pedals nicely? just wondering how it all works cause each pedal is different voltage
Quote by Moomar
sorry i never write my budget lol, id say upto about 150gbp, so would the voodoo be able to power all the pedals nicely? just wondering how it all works cause each pedal is different voltage

I LURVE my PP2+. And they have quite a few adapters. If the ones that come with the unit don't work, you can order easily online (in fact, I just did in order to get a 18v adapter so I can overdrive my Fulltone Full-Drive 2).

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
cool man im just looking at the Dunlop Brick one, and sorry to be braindead but i still dont quite get it: if my pedals are lower than 9v, wont it overload them? or are they 9v cause they take 9v batterys...sorry to sound like a complete tit lol
I'm fairly certain that if they take a 9v battery, a power supply that supplies the same will be just fine.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
try the 1spot if your on a budget, works for me
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
Quote by BaffAttack
I'm fairly certain that if they take a 9v battery, a power supply that supplies the same will be just fine.

*facepalm* yeah that makes sense to me now someone else said it im just trying to find out the voltage for my other pedals atm
Quote by charlie__flynn
try the 1spot if your on a budget, works for me

+1 I got a 1spot with a 5 pedal adapter. It was like $30 and works great.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Yeah, I don't want to make it seem like I'm totally against OneSpots and PowerAlls. It's just that I much prefer the isolated outputs and versatility I get out of my PP2+

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣
right ive just read up on the 1spot, seems to do the trick nicely! it covers the Ibanez AC109 power which is what the Wah takes so thats good

id need to get the english one as im from uk

http://www.imuso.co.uk/ProductDetail.asp?StockCode=EG02090

just checking thats right thing (its the UK one)

just trying to find the whammy power...

http://www.guitarampkeyboard.com/en/whammy/2453

can anyone dechiper the mad electricty language for me?
im for 1 spot and power all's for this reason
vintage pedals wont work with isolated power, such as old boss pedals that take a aca adapter, but they will work with a daisy chain such as 1 spot or godlyke power-all
http://www.stinkfoot.se/andreas/diy/articles/bossadapt.htm
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Quote by BaffAttack
Yeah, I don't want to make it seem like I'm totally against OneSpots and PowerAlls. It's just that I much prefer the isolated outputs and versatility I get out of my PP2+

whats the advantage of the isolated outputs? i dont really get all this power stuff lol
sorry for the huge amounts of posts ive done here lol i just read the Whammy's official supply and it says:

Input: 240V ~ 50Hz 20W
output: 9v ~ 1.3a

so is that ok for the onespot?
Quote by Moomar
whats the advantage of the isolated outputs? i dont really get all this power stuff lol

Regulation and noise. It insures that each unit is receiving it's own power, not sharing like a normal daisy chain, and this construction also cuts back on noise like 60 cycle grounding hums.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

╠═══════╬═══════╣