The SAS32EX... can anyone tell me if it is a decent buy etc. and what I should know about it. I tried an Ibanez ART120 today and even though it is a little cheaper it produced a great tone. Thoughts? Thanks.
Last edited by livnew at Mar 28, 2009,
Let's see....

My friend has a similar SA model (has HSS config and a maple veneer) which plays like great. It's a great looker and quite the sexy player!

The specs on this guitar is very sound, the SAT Pro series works like a vintage trem although I think it can work as a floating tremolo. True Duo pickups I think are coil tapped (or something along those lines) but the idea is that you can get some more tones of out those pickups which is great!

I'd personally try it out though, the neck dimensions will be wildly different from the ART120 (single cutaway LP style compared to a double cutaway strat style?!) and see if you like the True Duo pickups.
yer i own slightly different models of both of those guitars, and personally it depends on what your going for.

The SA i find much better for playing lead guitar, much thinner faster neck and still a really nice sound.

But the ART is a lovely rhythm guitar, both distorted and clean.

all depends on which one you play more (i play metal btw)
I Won't Let This Build Up Inside Of Me

Quote by FFTLxx

muhat gandy
+Sideways 8

Well thats me set ^^
I own one, bought it about half a year ago.
I can honestly say it plays like a dream. 2 Of the most positive points on this guitar are the set-neck which gives it a better sustain and the push-pull system. With this system you can change your humbuckers to single-coils by pulling your Volume/Tone knobs.
This gives you a wide array of sounds, ranging from deep rythm to jazzy to twangy. Also, the neck is quite smooth and you can easily fret every note you want. And last but not least, it looks flashy =].
I had to choose between this one and a Fender Mexican made Strat. I chose this one and never regret the choice.
Wow thanks for all this guys, so you think I should go for this over the ART120?

I play a lot of rock and im looking into doing a lot more riffs and solos so I believe the thinner and faster neck would suit me better.

Is it possible for someone to upload high resolution pics of there SA? Thanks.
Quote by livnew
Wow thanks for all this guys, so you think I should go for this over the ART120?

I play a lot of rock and im looking into doing a lot more riffs and solos so I believe the thinner and faster neck would suit me better.

Is it possible for someone to upload high resolution pics of there SA? Thanks.

I'd wait and try out an SA first. The ART120 will always be a safe choice since you've tried it out and KNOW you like it.

What kind of music are you into? Do you need a tremolo?
I have an ART120. it's a babe.
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
hey i no your predicament always being stuck between two guitars lol well in me youve found someone who owns both! lol and im telling you hands down you get what you pay for with the SAS32EX its a beutiful sound and great for all styles of playing, i bought it as my more crunchier metal weapon for playing stuff lyk slipknot, killswitch and Disturbed and it even plays the solos well

i havnt found a downfall with it yet except maybe you might get frustrated not being able to find your right tone due to the trio humbuckers, but dont worry there all there, to twang to fatness for crunch just gotta find it

in the end id go with the SA all the way man dont look back!

heres a link for all the setups and so on
http://www.ibanez.com/ElectricGuitars/model-SAS32EX

Gear:
Ibanez SAS32EX (for my metal playing)
Gibson SG (rock/punk playing)
Fender Tele (u no u love a bit of blues now and then ;] )
ESP Flying V Mick"Padge"Padget Sig (speed/Thrash Metal)
Mesa Boogie AMPs
Orange Head
Maxon overdrive
and a whole stack of BOSS pedals that i thrashed wen i was younger

"Mummy Why does he have earings in his face?"
sweet i was in the exact same position stuck between the sas and another guitar. i'll be getting the sas soon.