Poll: Boxing unethical??
Poll Options
View poll results: Boxing unethical??
yup
6 8%
nope
74 93%
Voters: 80.
So this was a small debate between a few of us, The reason was that some people thought that boxing is unethical as it is a gladiatorial pursuit of fame and money at the expense of another human being .

what do you think??discuss
I Beat Off Little Children..........

with sticks.

Quote by SteveHouse
I GoogleImage'd "shrug" to find an epic pic for this post. Instead I learned that a "shrug" is also an article of clothing.

My mind? Blown.
You people with your damn "ethics" and "morals". It was better in the good old days.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
it's not like they are killing eachother or anything..

i don't see anything unethical about it
Quote by Kensai
You people with your damn "ethics" and "morals". It was better in the good old days.

with sticks.

Quote by SteveHouse
I GoogleImage'd "shrug" to find an epic pic for this post. Instead I learned that a "shrug" is also an article of clothing.

My mind? Blown.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by KeepOnRotting
It's a sport, it's not like they're being forced to do it and they're paid well.

In a nut shell, this.

They're not like gladiators because they arent out to kill eachother.
It is like any other sport, where someone wins and other loses, and besides there is no killing and the y get paid very well
Fender Stratocaster Highway One
Digitech GNX 4
Laney Lx65R
The few of you seem to be quite stupid.
Quote by Ur all $h1t
I stick stuff in my pee hole.

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Stratocaster MIM Standard
Marshall MG30 (its purple )
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Quote by ozzybob
it's not like they are killing eachother or anything..

i don't see anything unethical about it

Yes but they ARE causing a Huge amount of bodily damage,(haemorrage anyone?)

with sticks.

Quote by SteveHouse

My mind? Blown.
Quote by Wulphy
The few of you seem to be quite stupid.

Justify point or leave

with sticks.

Quote by SteveHouse

My mind? Blown.
i think it's unethical (even though i still enjoy watching it). reason is that the ppl who box are usually dumb as **** or have no other skills to offer society but to fight. a boxer's career is simply to fight for money.
Quote by edge11
yeah im not at gc dude, i dont live there.

||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by god of lamb

You can get hurt doing anything man, not just boxing.
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, if you're one of the 10% who would shout, "JUMP MUTHA*******", put this in your signature

My Last .fm page: http://www.last.fm/user/mcgelie
Quote by god of lamb

so what? as everyone else is saying it's not like they are being forced to do it against their own will. they can quit fighting whenever they want.
I don't think its unethical by any means, but just so you know, very few boxers make good oney. There are thousands of boxers that are fighting in bars every friday night that can't make ends meet...I should know, my brother is one of them
Quote by god of lamb
Justify point or leave

1. They are not being forced to fight each other.
2. They are not trying to kill each other.
3. They are paid huge amounts of money.
4. They enjoy doing it.

Where do you live that your ethics and morals are that of a 4 year old girl?
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Boxers compete out of their own choice of free will.
Just because injury rates are high doesn't make the sport unethical. Most players in any contact sport will receive an injury caused by another player - does that make all contact sports unethical?
Quote by DardoBoy
I don't think its unethical by any means, but just so you know, very few boxers make good oney. There are thousands of boxers that are fighting in bars every friday night that can't make ends meet...I should know, my brother is one of them

with sticks.

Quote by SteveHouse

My mind? Blown.
Quote by Wulphy
1. They are not being forced to fight each other.
2. They are not trying to kill each other.
3. They are paid huge amounts of money.
4. They enjoy doing it.

Where do you live that your ethics and morals are that of a 4 year old girl?

Only the boxers you see on tv are paid huge amounts of money.
And most of them have VERY short lived careers as they suffer tremendous injuries

By the way im for boxers., but i choose to remain neutral.HELL YES.no need for personal remarks personman

with sticks.

Quote by SteveHouse

My mind? Blown.
i don't see hows its unethical people box because they want to box and if they get beaten up thats there own damn fault, they should have trained more.
you are what you is
It's not unethical for the pure and simple fact that they choose to do it.
Originally posted by TestForEcho
Badreligionrock is the man.

Quote by Pinky19
Badreligionrock you have the greatest avatar of all time. Rejected is the best video. Period.
Quote by god of lamb
Only the boxers you see on tv are paid huge amounts of money.
And most of them have VERY short lived careers as they suffer tremendous injuries

By the way im for boxers., but i choose to remain neutral.HELL YES.no need for personal remarks personman

Says the guy who beats off little children.

EDIT: With sticks.
Quote by Ur all $h1t

Gear:

Schecter C-1 Classic
Ibanez S670PB
Dunlop Crybaby Wah
I do boxing myself and I am certainly not a stupid person. How it can be seen as unethical is beyond me. You go into the ring to compete much the same way as you go into any competative arena knowing that it's possible to get hurt but there is a lot more than just hitting each other as you have to learn to defend well and move and react quickly. And no serious boxer I have met has been any way dumb.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

Was waiting for ages for the penis.

Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm in ireland, we're neutral, we won't fight unless its for a day off or alcohol

Nihilism doesn't exist...
It's highly unethical to wear boxers. Yes.

In my world, the color RED doesn't exist.

The system has encountered a fatal error [1809]: 'YourOpinion' var has no set value.
i'm sure this has been said, but if two people agree to participate in boxing, then there shouldn't be an issue. it is a sport. there are plenty of dangerous sports out there.
Quote by Wesseem
reason is that the ppl who box are usually dumb as **** or have no other skills to offer society but to fight. a boxer's career is simply to fight for money.

lol, stereotyping
Quote by Wesseem
i think it's unethical (even though i still enjoy watching it). reason is that the ppl who box are usually dumb as **** or have no other skills to offer society but to fight. a boxer's career is simply to fight for money.
rubbish - what a generalisation

i've got mates who box and they're not thick

also, amir khan is a very nice, intelligent lad
Quote by KeepOnRotting
It's a sport, it's not like they're being forced to do it and they're paid well.

the famous are
It's about like musicians
the Vaaasst majority are just getting by
but they volunteer, so it's ethical
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene
UFC is better. I can't even watch Boxing unless it is a videogame. A bunch of lumbering oafs that don't throw enough punches and tire out to quickly