Hey guys I have a problem with my guitar.

My guitar is an ESP LTD M-10 (not the best i know but i write a fair amount of riffs on it for my band)

I wanted to start playing in A# standard to i bought some very thick strings for it.

Previously i had the guitar set up for D standard and I was playing with Ernie Balls Not even slinky 56 - 12 gauges.

I now have in my guitar (from low to high) 60, 56, 44, 32, 24p, 16 (basically the Not even slinkys but with a 60 on the top and a 16 on the bottom)

Once i had all the strings put in i raised the bridge slightly to stop some fret buzzing.

But what i have noticed is when trying to play a power chord on the 5th fret of the 6th string it sounds out of tune?

every other chord, string and fret is fine appart from the 5th?!

any suggestions from anyone would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Danny

EDIT: sorry forgot to mention the guitar is 22 frets.
Last edited by Sunshine Goth at Mar 28, 2009,
intonation problem? maybe? maybe you're fretting too hard?
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by randomhero93
intonation problem? maybe? maybe you're fretting too hard?

Yeah i was thinking maybe because i've never played in a tuning that low that It may be i'm just not used to it?
and a 16 for the 1st string? that's crazy. it probably just needs a good, professional set up.
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
Quote by Sunshine Goth
A# Standard

Well there's your problem...

I kid, I kid.

I'd take it to a shop and get someone to set that up for you.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...