Long story short: I hate my job and need a new one.

I need a job to finance my musical instrument collecting fetish and my trip to portland this summer, and even though the money is good at where I work (a grocery store, Jewel-Osco, where I get paid $7.85 an hour and $8.85 on sundays) they take out almost half of my paycheck for union dues, which is complete BS seeing as I get no benefits from it. Also, they have been stiffing me on the hours.

I already applied at Panera Bread, which is like a bakery/lunch place across the street from me; I applied yesterday. Basically, there are alot of restaurants, most of them fast food around me, and a mall filled with Department Stores.

Staying at the grocery store is not an option.

tl;dr- I need a new job, hate current one whats a good place to work at?

PS I am applying at Guitar Center in September, when I turn 18.
Last edited by Fusanti_RHCP at Mar 28, 2009,
Find a local Golf & Country Club or a Beach Country Club. Work as a porter setting up for events, or as a busser bussing tables. Should fetch some good money.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
i love living in Ontario, $8.75 is our minimum wage. Don't work fast food. It sucks. Movie theater? Golf course? Chill music department store? Those would all be fun~ish.
Last edited by Les Paul57 at Mar 28, 2009,
perhaps get two jobs? i have two and i make about 1,300 a month.
Tampa Bay Buccaneers

South Carolina Gamecocks

Quote by SGstriker
Chef Strato-Massacre: Cooking shitstorms since that comment.

Quote by PurpleClawz
Damnit why are you full of so much win
Quote by Les Paul57
i love living in Ontario, $8.75 is our minimum wage. Don't work fast food. It sucks. Movie theater? Golf course? Chill music department store? Those would all be fun~ish.

I've never been payed more than $6.75 at a job. FML
Quote by Zombee
I've never been payed more than $6.75 at a job. FML

Your dollar is worth more. FML.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Do something that's more of a vocation than a job, become a lifeguard. The pay is decent, there's demand for lifeguards, and you get to check out girls.
Quote by rock_star77
Your dollar is worth more. FML.

FOL

Work at Noble Roman's, they don't even use real dough. Easiest job ever. If you can deal with the burnouts you work with.
work in a sweatshop

good hours and great pay

comfortable conditions and good trade unions
Lady Gaga if you're out there, i don't care if you have a penis or not, i will marry you
Work at a water park as a life guard tons of hot chicks!
(I guess)
If You See Me Posting In The Pit HIT ME.
Quote by KingJak236
My hamster used to bite me when I picked it up, then it got too old and fat to bite and died in a pool of it's own vomit.

Quote by Kensai
That's the rockstar way to go. I salute him.
Quote by Nexium
Work at a water park as a life guard tons of hot chicks!
(I guess)

And overweight blokes who get stuck in the water slides...
Maplin Electronics

Chris Urbacz is a a pretty cool guy. Eh buys your coworkers Burger King, and doesn't afraid of anything.
I actually work at Panera Bread. As far as entry level food service industry jobs, it's probably one of the best you'll find. Excellent management, good benefits, growing company, and we stay busy. The only way they're going to short you hours is if you're a bad worker.

Right now I make the paninis for Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. They're not made to order, so I go in at 8 and make anywhere from 80 to 120 sandwiches for the day. So for me that's a guaranteed 17 hours a week and ofcourse they schedule me a few other days so I'm getting a consistent 25 hours a week. Not super but in the current economic climate it's something to be thankful for.
We're only strays.
I really don't understand what makes some of you think that you have the right to whine about your jobs. I've applied for more than 40 jobs since December, when I got laid off from my last job. I haven't been offered a single job yet. I haven't even been given an interview.

So, before you start bitching, remember that there are some people out there who would take your job in an instant.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
Iceland give good benefits and decent wages.

But I don't think there are any shops out of the UK. But if there are. . work there
Quote by Liberation
I really don't understand what makes some of you think that you have the right to whine about your jobs. I've applied for more than 40 jobs since December, when I got laid off from my last job. I haven't been offered a single job yet. I haven't even been given an interview.

So, before you start bitching, remember that there are some people out there who would take your job in an instant.

Been there brother, PREACH IT.
We're only strays.
Quote by Liberation

Well, maybe it's time you took a hit to your dignity and applied for jobs that aren't exactly "worthy" of your skills. Everyone's weathering this recession, not just you.
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
O CANADA!
Quote by Liberation

Make that number 100 and I'll give you a +1.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
edit: i guess i get a +1 ^

Quote by Liberation

this except his applications times 3

I work in a pub kitchen dishwashing. The people are great and I enjoy the environment.
Looking to buy a Fender Jagstang, u sellin?