Like many of you i love craigslist, ive been looking for a new amp. i found this one

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/msg/1080345143.html

i cant find much about it but the reviews seem positive, if anyone has this amp or can tell me anything about it, it would be very my appreciated. Also if you have it or know someone who has it and it should be avoided please share that information
It lacks a standby switch and is 300W, so I will say that it is either:

1. A bass amp
2. A SS amp
3. A hybrid amp

My experience with Fender SS amps has not been that great, but you should try it and see if you like it.
^what genres do you play???
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Not necessarily SS, many peaveys don't have a standby switch. Obviously you have to try before you buy.
Sorry about forgetting to include genres and its supposed to be a hybrid amp i believe and i play mostly rock, alternative, and ive been looking for an upgrade over my *puke* spider 3 15
I dont think its a bass amp cause i found reviews and most people were playing regular electric guitars through it, also i found its only 100 watts
Last edited by khfan23 at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by khfan23
I dont think its a bass amp cause i found reviews and most people were playing regular electric guitars through it

You ever hear of a Bassman? Its a bass amp and the majority of people who use it are guitar players. In most cases guitars sound amazing through bass amps.
its a guitar amp.

it really isn't that bad of an amp. Although it is nothing I would want because it doesn't work for the sounds I like/want/need
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Quote by Hinro
Not necessarily SS, many peaveys don't have a standby switch. Obviously you have to try before you buy.

Which tube Peaveys don't have a standby switch?
It lacks a standby switch and is 300W, so I will say that it is either:

1. A bass amp
2. A SS amp
3. A hybrid amp

My experience with Fender SS amps has not been that great, but you should try it and see if you like it.[/QUOTE

Looks like Number 3 - a hybrid, only has the 12ax7...plus tube or normal channel.

Here is some more information about this amp (I think it is the correct one?)

http://reviews.harmony-central.com/reviews/Guitar+Amp/product/Fender/Roc+Pro+1000+Combo/25/2
Last edited by damnedone at Mar 28, 2009,
I did some research and it's a hybrid amp and not all-tube.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by i_am_metalhead
You ever hear of a Bassman? Its a bass amp and the majority of people who use it are guitar players. In most cases guitars sound amazing through bass amps.

yeah I tried to play guitar thru my brothers Ashdown (300 watt SS bass amp) and I never heard a better clean tone (I never played fenders for more than 5 minutes tho).
Dist would probably suck cause it's SS.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
give it a try, and its only 200$, not like if you were about to spend 2000$ on an amp lol
and it probably can't be worse than your spider