Soon after I get done redoing my other guitar I will be modding my Epiphone SG Special, and I need to know what could give it a nice warm distortion and cleans. Suggest to me all you think would be a nice setup for it!

Also, I will be repainting it, and i need some ideas on what I should do.

thanks in advance.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
2008 Ibanez AEG20E A/E Cutaway
2011 Epiphone Les Paul Traditional Pro
Amps:
Epiphone Valve Jr. Halfstack BitMo Trio Modded
60W All Tube Egnater Renegade Head and Cab.
seymour duncan '59 in the back and JB in the front.

absolutely beautiful tone out of both. and if its the regular red mahogany, i say keep it or paint it black
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Quote by nivlarama
seymour duncan '59 in the back and JB in the front.

absolutely beautiful tone out of both. and if its the regular red mahogany, i say keep it or paint it black

Agreed with the pickups

As for color, do what you wanna look at all the time. If you like silverburst, do that. Basically make sure you wont get sick of the new paint before you do it
I wouldn't bother TBH. It's a starter guitars.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Don't bother modding it, its a starter guitar. Its parts are very low quality. trust me, I have an epiphone special II and its breaking apart, even though I had it for a year. I would go for an epiphone G400 and then go from there. As for pickups, look at guitar fetish site, they have some nice pickups for a great price
Quote by oneblackened
I wouldn't bother TBH. It's a starter guitars.

Even thought it is a starter guitar, he can get some practice wiring and painting so that if he does something to another guitar, he will know how to do it and not screw it up.

TS, you should put a seymour duncan pearly gate in the front and a seymour duncan invader in the back. My friend has this set up and I love it.
yeah its a starter...so what? many people mod squires and end up with great guitars...
new bridge, new tuners, graphite nut, jb/'59 pickups, keep the paint
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
hmmm, i think its a damn decent guitar all around, tbh, i mean, its not a 500 dollar guitar, but it does produce a somewhat decent tone for what you pay for.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
Amps:
Dude mod it.
I love my squier bullet even if it's a cheap a*s guitar.
I'm not sure if I prefer my LP at all. Even if it's worth 2600 more.
I love the thing that some one suggested.
Pearly gates in neck and invader in bridge.
But I'm not sure how warm that can be cause I use invader for punk(brighter stuff but I have to really boost my trebles tho).
It's a reaaaaal high output pickup and it kicks a*s for distortion and I love the cleans as well even if lots of people don't.
1. You're surfing the internet.
2. You're browsing through the UG forums.
3. You're reading now.
5. You didn't notice that there was no #4.
6. You just checked it.
7. Now you're having a lil smile.

Quote by hawk_kst
You Sir, have the best signature like ever!
Quote by Kozlic
Dude mod it.
I love my squier bullet even if it's a cheap a*s guitar.
I'm not sure if I prefer my LP at all. Even if it's worth 2600 more.
I love the thing that some one suggested.
Pearly gates in neck and invader in bridge.
But I'm not sure how warm that can be cause I use invader for punk(brighter stuff but I have to really boost my trebles tho).
It's a reaaaaal high output pickup and it kicks a*s for distortion and I love the cleans as well even if lots of people don't.

Yeah, I was planning to put an invader in it, at least one. I'm a blink freak. lol.
EQUIPMENT:
Guitars:
2003 Fender MIM Strat
Amps: