Poll: Which one?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
Black Metal (Symphonic, Folk, Viking, and etc.)
5 10%
Death Metal (Technical, Brutal, Melodic, and etc.)
19 37%
Thrash Metal (Groove and etc)
8 15%
Doom Metal (Gothic, Stoner, Sludge, and etc)
3 6%
Power Metal (Neoclassical, Progressive, Symphonic, and etc.)
5 10%
Cores ( Grindcore, Metalcore, Deathcore and etc.)
4 8%
Nu Metal (Rap, and etc.)
4 8%
Avant- Grade Metal
3 6%
Industrial Metal
0 0%
Other ( Blacken death, Experimental, and others)
1 2%
Voters: 52.
Page 1 of 2
I think this list will be better.

Black Metal (Symphonic, Folk, Viking, and etc.)
Death Metal (Technical, Brutal, Melodic, and etc.)
Thrash Metal (Groove and etc)
Doom Metal (Gothic, Stoner, Sludge, and etc)
Power Metal (Neoclassical, Progressive, Symphonic, and etc.)
Cores ( Grindcore, Metalcore, Deathcore and etc.)
Nu Metal (Rap, and etc.)
Avant- Grade Metal
Industrial Metal
Other ( Blacken death, Experimental, and others)

Note: I know that people don't consider metalcore metal but some do and I want this list as diverse as possible.

Poll coming.
Quote by The Arsis
Note: I know that people don't consider metalcore metal but some do and I want this list as diverse as possible.

Regardless, it belongs in the hardcore forum.
We already had a list and Death Metal was the clear victor. There was no need for that thread in the first place. Why make this one?

EDIT: Also, no Folk Metal, no Prog Metal, Traditional/NWOBHM, Grindcore (it's there, but with hardcore and metalcore for some dumb reason), but instead you have blackened death and experimental in Other and Nu Metal and Metalcore? Viking is under black metal for some reason...
I've found Jesus
Last edited by Contraband at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by Contraband
We already had a list and Death Metal was the clear victor. There was no need for that thread in the first place. Why make this one?

EDIT: Also, no Folk Metal, no Prog Metal, Traditional/NWOBHM, Grindcore, but instead you have blackened death and experimental in Other and Nu Metal and Metalcore?

There wasn't a lot of choice on that list and I think this list has a wider variety to pick from so I think that it might have different results.
Death Metal is going to win. Again. What more do you want? Does this really matter?
I've found Jesus
Delicious thrash.

I enjoy pretty much any style so long as it's good, however. Ideally I listen to stuff that mixes the standard thrash/death/black recipe into one big metal cake.
Quote by The Arsis
You don't know that.

Yes I do. You wait and see.

Way to avoid my question though.
I've found Jesus
im going with Doom, but specifically death/doom, but any death metal of black metal or other doom metal is close second, it'd be better to have a multiple options poll, especially to help crossover genres, and i think melodic death metal should be its own category, its not really death metal, nor is it really any other genre, maybe an offshoot of thrash or NWOBHM really
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
I love Avant Grade.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by The Arsis
Other.

Lumped in with "blackened death" and "experimental"? **** that ****, I'm voting core in protest.
No Progressive again. Fail...

And why is Nu Metal on there? Wtf
Quote by BringMeTheCalm
Last night I had a dream that I bought The Mantle on vinyl for $9.99 and it came with a DVD and shirt...

Then I woke up and life sucked.
Worse thing than not doing anything at all is doing something poorly and calling it a success.

You sir, failed Miserably with a capital M.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
so Judas Priest etc. are lumped in the "other" category?
I’m not the man I used to be, I... I can’t go back to Arkham.

I... I should return to Arkham.

Among the churchyard’s mouldering stones I recognise a name – my own.
I have come home to Arkham.

looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
death metal DUH!!!!!!!!!!1111111
loLoLoLOoLoLol!!!11
Catch me,
heal me,
Lift me back up to the Sun
I choose to live
Quote by mortiis999
I'd vote DM, but you've lumped in Melodic with it, so no vote.

Did melody kill your parents or something?
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Good for you!

Awesome!

Killer!

Wicked!

Righteous!

TS, delete this abomination of an abortionist's dream!

WOOH!
R.I.P. Charles Michael "Evil Chuck" Schuldiner
B. May 13 1967 - D. December 13 2001

Quote by eggsandham2
cuz ppl hate how power metal they are cuz they think its "gay" or w.e, which is immature and dirogitory
Quote by CG Man16
Did melody kill your parents or something?

Surprisingly enough, his parents were found by the police in their bedroom, they had slit each others wrists to Children of Bodom's 'In your Face', set on repeat at max volume for hours. On the walls of the room, scrawled in blood, it was written "I don't give a flying f**k motherf**ker", as well as "why god, why?' in several places; severe insanity and schizophrenia had set in.
Quote by strq010
this guy, Nihil, is currently my hero.

Quote by clincher09
Why is Jesus a dinosaur?
Quote by Nihil
On the walls of the room, scrawled in blood, it was written "I don't give a flying f**k motherf**ker"

I genuinely lol'd.
Prog metal is nowhere to be seen, and how is viking grouped with black metal?

Folk/viking metal needs its own opt, and core needs destroying IMO.

I guess ill vote power, as my favorites are prog or prog/power or folk.

Altough i do love some good DM and some symphonic BM.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Overall, Traditional Doom is the best type of Metal.
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by Colton165
Prog metal is nowhere to be seen, and how is viking grouped with black metal?

Folk/viking metal needs its own opt
, and core needs destroying IMO.

I guess ill vote power, as my favorites are prog or prog/power or folk.

Altough i do love some good DM and some symphonic BM.

1. Viking and folk metal originated from black metal if I'm correct?

2. The limit was 10.
Quote by The Arsis
1. Viking and folk metal originated from black metal if I'm correct?

2. The limit was 10.

1. Dont be an ass, folk gets it origins from folk music + metal in general. Hence the term folk metal.
2. I clearly stated core should be obliterated. Of course you wouldn't see that, that was my point. I was saying folk/viking should replace core.

3. Im done now.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
i've always found pop to be harder to play than metal... especially shred metal... it's just really fast tremolo picking and the occasional palm mute... and the only chords you have to worry about are power chords...
Quote by Colton165
1. Dont be an ass, folk gets it origins from folk music + metal in general. Hence the term folk metal.
2. I clearly stated core should be obliterated. Of course you wouldn't see that, that was my point. I was saying folk/viking should replace core.

3. Im done now.

So, viking metal got it's influence from John the Viking?

Anyways, folk and viking metal is influenced by black metal, believe it or not. That is the reason I put it in the same opt as black metal. I stand by my list and that is that.
Quote by The Arsis

Anyways, folk and viking metal is influenced by black metal, believe it or not. That is the reason I put it in the same opt as black metal. I stand by my list and that is that.

id like you to show me any BM influence in Tyr's music.

if anything, early Tyr has doom influence with progressive and power influences.

I understand bands like Bathory have influenced BM, but they were influenced by bands like Manowar and other pwer metal and NWOBHM like Demon. But there are more than 2 bands in folk and viking metal.

Eluveitie have melodeath influences. Not viking metal, but folk metal influenced by melodeath and folk music, as they use plenty of folk instruments (hurdy gurdy, anyone?).

Look at Korpiklaani, basically polka metal.

You may not know this, but even sub-genres can have different sounds.

How many tech death bands sound different than the almighty Arsis? You should know, its your name. BTW, the answer is quite a lot.
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
Last edited by Colton165 at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by The Arsis

Legend?
Quote by dminishedthingy
It didn't seem possible, but apparently Messiah can spam even more now.

Quote by \Powerslave/
I can see it now. "Dark Thrones and Black People".

Quote by \Powerslave/
I pretty much wank something small and sleek.

ololololololol

JOIN THE NEKROGESTAPO!
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Legend?

yeah i mean i stated legend in my above post, but i edited them out
My last.fm
Quote by OMMad
Last edited by Colton165 at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by Colton165
id like you to show me any BM influence in Tyr's music.

if anything, early Tyr has doom influence with progressive and power influences.

I understand bands like Bathory have BM influence, they were also influenced by bands like Manowar and other pwer metal and NWOBHM like Demon. But there are more than 2 bands in folk and viking metal.

Eluveitie have melodeath influences. Not viking metal, but folk metal influenced by melodeath and folk music, as they use plenty of folk instruments (hurdy gurdy, anyone?).

Look at Korpiklaani, basically polka metal.

You may not know this, but even sub-genres can have different sounds.

How many tech death bands sound different than the almighty Arsis? You should know, its your name. BTW, the answer is quite a lot.

We're not talking about a few bands here, we're talking about a whole genre. Folk metal is influenced by black metal. period. Bathory is influenced by Black Metal? Black metal is influenced Bathory is more like it. I don't know besides metal what Bathory or other early black metal bands were influenced by so I'm not going to touch that. Still, I don't care what 3 bands are influenced by, I'm talking about the actual genre here.

Subgenres have different sounds?!?!?!?1/1/1/2... No ****, Sherlock.

The whole Arsis thing is irrelevant to this conversation BTW.
Last edited by The Arsis at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by MetalMessiah665
Overall, Traditional Doom is the best type of Metal.

+1

Also, this is more like version 6 of the thread....

Edit: How the fuckin' hell does goth = doom?
Quote by The Arsis
We're not talking about a few bands here, we're talking about a whole genre. Folk metal is influenced by black metal. period. Bathory is influenced by Black Metal? Black metal is influenced Bathory is more like it. I don't know besides metal what Bathory or other early black metal bands were influenced by so I'm not going to touch that. Still, I don't care what 3 bands are influenced by, I'm talking about the actual genre here.

The vast majority of folk metal has no BM influence whatsoever. BM influenced folk bands are by far the minority. The only influence that is constant throughout the whole genre is folk music.
Quote by The Arsis
I put it with Doom because it is a sub genre of Doom. I did the poll Sub genre's sub genres.

Gothic metal is in no way a sub-genre of Doom Metal. It is an entirely different genre altogether.
Ka pu te ruha ka hao te rangatahi.
Poll blows, thread sucks.

This would be much better.

Death Metal
Black Metal
Grindcore
Thrash Metal
Power Metal
Heavy Metal
Doom Metal
Folk/Pagan/Viking
Progressive/Avant-garde
Sludge/Post-Metal

The first seven are rather straightforward, encompassing their obvious subgenres. The latter three had to be mixed together a little, but the combinations are logical.

But yes, DM would probably win.

To reiterate- poll blows, thread sucks.
Page 1 of 2