I've been looking at a Mayones Maestro for a while now, but have never considered myself a serious enough guitarist to warrant further investigation.

Of course, now that my days literally revolve around being able to play the guitar, I am looking at this model with the intention that I might actually purchase it a few years down the road.

Has anyone had any experience with this particular guitar or with Mayones in general? Also, how does it compare with a Gibson ES-335 in terms of how it feels?
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Last edited by Xeron Brigs at Mar 28, 2009,
I don't know this particular one, but I once tried a Mayones Regius and it was amazing in all ways.
They aren't easy to find, so probably the "try before you buy" advice won't work here, but if I were you I'd go shop by shop asking about them and try to find a dealer.

It's probably a great guitar, but you won't know if it suits you unless you actually play it.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
Quote by Mahoru
I don't know this particular one, but I once tried a Mayones Regius and it was amazing in all ways.
They aren't easy to find, so probably the "try before you buy" advice won't work here, but if I were you I'd go shop by shop asking about them and try to find a dealer.

It's probably a great guitar, but you won't know if it suits you unless you actually play it.

I know that if I want to get one, I am going to have to purchase directly from the manufacturer due to there not being any dealers in the USA. That unfortunately rules out the whole “try before you buy,” which is very good advice, as I never have bought a guitar without playing it first.

Thanks for the details on the Regius: it at least gives some indication that Mayones produces some high-quality guitars.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King