I already have a les paul studio with pickups etc. all upgraded but I need a second guitar on a budget. I was looking at the lp juniors and wondering how it would sound with new tuners and maybe a gibson p94 pickup. If the lp jr is a bad idea i was thinkng about getting a g-400 66, but dont feel like spending the money, so i was wondering if a epi. g-310 would sound the same as a g-400 if it was the same pickupsk, thinking about p94 in the bridge and 57 classic in the neck. I do like the lp jr. b/c i only really need one pickup and dont like the looks of lp specials or 100's
Neither. Agile AL-2000, on www.rondomusic.com. they're a better deal anyway and better quality.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I hate being limited to songs I can play because of tuning, and when I play places I dont feel like taking time to tune it to whatever and it's always nice to have a second guitar anyway, and I like epiphones thank you
i just looked at them and dont really care for the look, it looks weird with the bottom part of the body being much bigger, almost looks like a semi hollow
see you have a legit reason, so i'll give you a response to your question.
i'd say the g-310, i've always thought the lp jr didn't feel right? i'm not sure, try them both out.
I'd advise AGAINST the G-310, just get the G-400 if you're gonna stick to Epi.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
I'd advise AGAINST the G-310, just get the G-400 if you're gonna stick to Epi.

Yeah the G-400 is better, but i was answering to the ones that were in his choices
i havent been able to try any of them out but i lile the look of the lp jr. and if the g-300 will sound the same as g-400 ill go with the cheaper one, i was thinking about the white g-300 with the new pickups, seems like it'd look pretty nice and different
It won't sound the same. The G-400 is much more SG-like than the G-310. The 310 is quite bright, the 400 is more like a gibson SG tonewise. Alder VS mahogany, people. Which is darker toned? Mahogany.

Wait, replace the MG first.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Last edited by oneblackened at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by oneblackened
It won't sound the same. The G-400 is much more SG-like than the G-310. The 310 is quite bright, the 400 is more like a gibson SG tonewise. Alder VS mahogany, people. Which is darker toned? Mahogany.

Wait, replace the MG first.

what he said, but also, if you replace the neck and bridge pup on the g400 its amazing sounding, honestly ive been really happy with epiphones for the past 4 out of 6 years ive been playing, the g400 is pretty mucha workhorse guitar, it can be beat to hell and still sound great, with a new pickup of course but thats the only bad thing about it, ive never had anything wrong with it for the four years ive had it and it sounds great, i put a pearly gates in the bridge

but yes replace the mg first
I will replace the MG eventually, and I'm thinking about the 66' series g-400