This isn't a matter of "settings", if it was I would have placed it in that thread. I am trying to figure out how John Mayer gets the lead sound he does in Fall Out Boy's beat it cover. If you bother flaming me for mentioning fall out boy you're a chode, that is a fantastic lead sound regardless of context. I know he has one of the 25 grand van halen reissues and virtually every amplifier you could think of but I can't seem to pinpoint how he's getting the guitar to sound like that. Is it just his fingers? Is he that badass? What does it sound like to you?
EVH = Phaser............
i never listen to FOB so i dont really know
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Lol sorry brah but john mayor is a homo
"You Laugh at me for Being Different. I laugh at you for all Being the Same."

Girls I want to Intercourse
Jessica Alba
Oprah
Girlicious (each of them)
Betty White
Quote by camhussynec
Lol sorry brah but john mayor is a homo

Peavey XXX combo *upgraded screen resistors, Tung-Sol's, and 6L6's*
Schecter Syn Std. * modded, scalloped, and worn*
Schecter C-1 Elite *still sexy*
Ibanez AEL 12-string

"He who sticks his dick in peanut butter is fucking nuts"
Being a john mayer fan i constantly forget how the public views him as the "Your body is a wonderland" guy. he isnt. Hes a blues guitar player if you asked me with absolutely excellent technique. Listen to neon, heart of life, stop this train, who did you think I was and any of his hendrix covers. Plus, singing "Belief" while playing the part on guitar is like juggling bowling balls while riding a bicycle.
Quote by Vomitorator
Being a john mayer fan i constantly forget how the public views him as the "Your body is a wonderland" guy. he isnt. Hes a blues guitar player if you asked me with absolutely excellent technique. Listen to neon, heart of life, stop this train, who did you think I was and any of his hendrix covers. Plus, singing "Belief" while playing the part on guitar is like juggling bowling balls while riding a bicycle.

i dont listen to a lot of mayer but he is a good guitarist
he did a good job of covering panama i seen on youtube
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Blackstar HT-5 Head
Homemade 1x12 from a combo cab with an Eminence PJ
Quote by ikey_
perhaps i have a superb epiphone. the japanese man must have gotten laid and won the lottery right before he made my guitar. whatever.
Mayer is a good guitarist, but he's not good as Clapton though.
and his signature amp is AWESOME!!!!!
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me