Got myself a bargain today!
Bought a Boss GEB7 secondhand for £29! Works perfectly!

Which brings me to the next topic... theres been alot of chat about bass pedalboard recently. Im looking at building one. Ive got the GEB7 now, and ive got an EHX Big Muff Pi Bass on order.. any other suggestions?

Im also interested in the BassBalls, the Ashdown James Lomenzo Hyperdrive and some kind of wah. A delay would be nice too!

Any suggestions?

Happy Bass'ing
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
you should buy the mxr el grande fuzz, if you want some overdrive I highly reccomend the fultone bass drive or the sansamp bassdriver DI, in envelope filters check the bassballs and also the digitech synthwah and for wah check the snarling dogz bootzilla fuzz wah
I played the bassballs today and rather liked it, I would try it out first because it is quite a saturated sound.
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by ScottB.
I played the bassballs today and rather liked it, I would try it out first because it is quite a saturated sound.

Okay kool

You have the SansAmp VT aswell dont you?
What do you think of it?
That might be a good purchase for me in the longrun because of the DI faucilities etc

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Quote by lorrythebassguy
Okay kool

You have the SansAmp VT aswell dont you?
What do you think of it?
That might be a good purchase for me in the longrun because of the DI faucilities etc

This is a very good pedal, but I dont know wether you know or not but it doesnt have a seperate DI out, only a single 1/4" out. This may or may not be a problem, you could easily run some sort of signal splitter after it if you do need two outs.

As I said it is a great pedal, it takes some tinkering to find a sound that you know you wont need to change ever, after a few weeks im not quite there yet
I definitely recommend it, but if you want it for the DI capabilities you should check out the possibilities before you dive in
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Ahh damn i thought they had DI!
Ill have to go into town and check one out myself!
The MXR bass Di is probably worth checking out to, as its a DI box :P
Apparently Hartke make a similar unit aswell, so i shall have a look!

How are you getting on with your LH500 head?

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
Yeah they do I think its called a Hartke Bass attack or something like that, its rather sizey though, so yeah.

Ah it's awesome, I don't think Ive even looked at amps on the internet since I've had it, Im completely content as far as amps go

btw, your name isnt actually lorry is it?
Quote by guitarhero_764

Quote by ScottB.

btw, your name isnt actually lorry is it?

I wish, nah im laurence really, but its annoying & my friends have always called me Lorry, Laurie, Lori, Lorie or the Rockin' Roadie :P

I tried an LH500 in a shop, and was pleased, but im after an amp with Post-EQ DI, so i'de need to get a separate DI box. The other option i have is to get a 4x10 cab for my Ashdown and then upgrade to a head later, but bass pedalboard first :P

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals
An octaver can be quite useful, i played one one the weekend and it was phat
Gear:
Washburn RB2500 (5 String)
Yamaha BB400 Fretless (1981)
Carlo Giordano 3/4 Upright (White)
Cort Action 4 (Stereo-fied)
Orange Bass Terror 500
Orange 1x15 Cab
Boss GT-6 Bass Multi-effects
If yuo're looking at the MXR Bass DI, you may wany to have a look at the Sansamp equivalent, which has a good rep.
The MXR Auto-Q is an excellent effect for funky things, being both an envelope filter and an osscilator, definately worth checking out.
I dont know what the Boss you mentioned is, but if its not a compressor then you should consider one of them too.
Attendez la creme!
"Harry dear, its an inaminate object"

"YOU'RE AN INANIMATE OBJECT!"
I might try the Ashdown compressor actually, and maybe the octaver too

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Orange Dual Terror