Page 1 of 3
HAAAY BRAH(s)!!!

so here is the problem............ IM GASING FOR A NEW AMP!!!!!
and i just cant stick to my previous plan of waiting until christmas to get mah new amp. so im planning to sell my Amp..... its a Blackheart Little Giant, bought 3 months ago used only every saturday for 30m or less.

so how much do you think my balackheart will sell for???

and help me pick out an amp (Strange right)
mah choices
Peavey XXX combo (will siwtch teh toobs to EL34's)
Peavey 6505+ combo (i can wait untill may)
Randall RG50TC
Mesa/Boogie F-30/Dc3 (too pricey but i can save up for it)
and your other suggestions

My budget right now is $250 + my bro's 100 + blackheart money = ???

in other words *in cartman's voice*
" i dont wanna wait. need amp NAO........."
UGer reading this says "But........"
"No no no no, want amp NAO"

thanks in advance
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Last edited by WTF!!is a TAB at Mar 28, 2009,
Depends on what type of music you play. As for your blackheart, it doens't really matter if you use it less or not. Pretty low though.
^ some one actually asked me that question !!!!!!
it feels weird.

ok i quit playing classic rock and i moved on to Metal Core,Thrash and Hard Rock
Metalcore is now my main genre.
feel free to add me
you got the blackheart half stack? you could probably get about 200-260 ish for that gently used
^its teh combo version.
feel free to add me
Check out the 3120 if you want EL34's standard, switching them out will be costly, but worth it if you want.

The 6505 would be nice, but I'm guessing you still want nice cleans?

Than maybe Mesa or in paticular a F-30/F-50 might be looking at.

Didn't you use you're uncle's XXX? So you have a pretty good idea of it don't you.
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
^ he moved to california with all of his stuff..............
but im going to visit him this summer YAYY!!!!
cleans dont matter but i sure like some good useable ones
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
HAAAY BRAH(s)!!!

so here is the problem............ IM GASING FOR A NEW AMP!!!!!
and i just cant stick to my previous plan of waiting until christmas to get mah new amp. so im planning to sell my Amp..... its a Blackheart Little Giant, bought 3 months ago used only every saturday for 30m or less.

so how much do you think my balackheart will sell for???

and help me pick out an amp (Strange right)
mah choices
Peavey XXX combo (will siwtch teh toobs to EL34's)
Peavey 6505+ combo (i can wait untill may)
Randall RG50TC
Mesa/Boogie F-30/Dc3 (too pricey but i can save up for it)
and your other suggestions

My budget right now is $250 + my bro's 100 + blackheart money = ???

thanks in advance

I'll trade you a bugera 333xl for that blackheart. Needs to be repaired though. The molex connector burnt like most peoples on here. Solder it to the board and replace the fuses.

Probably only cost ya about 50 bucks to fix it. I would have to charge shipping though.
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ he moved to california with all of his stuff..............
but im going to visit him this summer YAYY!!!!

Oh that sucks, but still do you think the XXX would work?
Quote by progbass
right Metallica is a given. Personally I like to pretend the bus exploded and killed them all in '86.

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
^ i guess the XXX will work for me...
^^ thanks for the offer but im staying away from bugeras because i tried one when i was in GC a couple of days a go and it doesnt really sound like the JSX or the XXX. but thanks for the offer no hard feelings
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^ i guess the XXX will work for me...
^^ thanks for the offer but im staying away from bugeras because i tried one when i was in GC a couple of days a go and it doesnt really sound like the JSX or the XXX. but thanks for the offer no hard feelings

its cool i got a ton of offers right now I'm just trying to figure out which one I'm going to take. One guy wants to trade me an RR3 for it which is nice.

I do own a jsx also though. It does sound a lot like it to me. It has a bit more gain than the jsx though. The eq is tricky you might have not had it right and the 333xl sounds a lot different than the 333. The tone is amazing and apparently they are reliable after you fix the molex connector problem but it sucks to even have to go through that. I like the tone of it a lot but I just simply never use it.

I usually use a 6505 in live situations and I use my peavey vypyr 60 tube for a practice amp and some recordings.

I will probably be selling my jsx also. I hardly ever use it. I never use my triple rec either but I will never sell it because it's a good recording tool whenever it gets time.
If you raised your budget you could start looking at Engl's?
Quote by progbass

GUITAR PEDALS FOR SALE
^^ DAMNN i have been GASsing for a RR right now, its on my christmas shopping list.

^ yea i m looking at Engl amps and they are soo expensive except the Screamer/Thunder.
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
^^ DAMNN i have been GASsing for a RR right now, its on my christmas shopping list.

^ yea i m looking at Engl amps and they are soo expensive except the Screamer/Thunder.

Yeah I might take it. There is just so many options a lot of people are wanting the amp. With a trade I'm not charging anything for it. Just a trade and shipping and the shipping is insured. And a tech will be able to fix the amp pretty easily.
You could keep the blackheart but buy something like a guyatone metal monster or an amt california sound/ du hast / extreme, or even a distortus maximus, if you're a bedroom player.

The amps you're looking at are NOT designed for bedroom playing. Most youtube demos you see of them that sound good are way too loud for average home use. I'd get the f30 out of those that you mentioned. If you decide to go the way of instant gratification, don't get the rg50tc. I know loads of people blindly reccomend them here, but they're not on the same level as the others. The at112 might be a good, cheap option too.

If you want the f30, you could get a cheap pedal like the cool cat metal ($30) or pocket metal muff(45 used), or a digitech grunge (metal muff has a very similar circuit), which can be had used for about $30.

Pedal demos:
Skip ahead to about 1:25-metal monster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybEssXFNVqM
No need to skip-Amt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jR4dh32Zq-w&feature=related
Krank:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqKCjzOAePM&feature=related
^ i already have a Metal muff and it sound too ****n muddy.
and i gig sometimes, small ones and i jam with my friends.
feel free to add me
6505+ does everything, I love mine, And the cleans can really be tightened up with an eq pedal and chorus pedal,

The XXX is also nice, you have experience with one, so you might want to go this route because your comfortable with the amp and know what it can do.
Ibanez SZ320
Peavey 6505+
Marshall 1960B
Dunlop Wah
Dano EQ
As I said, wait and see if the Chinese-made 6505+ combos are good
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
^ i can wait for that too.....
feel free to add me
perhaps a randall rm (the one with the modules)? that way you could probably get a few different high gain modules, as well as something for cleans or classic rock if you need it.
Ibanez S320 with Dimarzio Fred + Seymour Duncan 59-> Weeping Demon Wah -> Ibanez TS-7 -> Homemade iBoost x3 -> Keeley DS-1 -> Visual Sound H2O -> MXR Ten Band -> Traynor YCV20
@robino i have never seen/played them.
i'll go look on those amps.

^i already found some XXX amps in the New England area (i used the think on your sig)
feel free to add me
Quote by Yngwi3
As I said, wait and see if the Chinese-made 6505+ combos are good

Chinese made 6505 combos?

When is this happening?

I know the new 1x12 combo coming out is American made yet I've read people on forums who are thinking it's chinese made.

It even says designed and built in the USA on the front of the combo. Not sure why people think that unless there is yet another one coming out.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Can you find proof please of MIA, I guess I didn't look hard enough? The word on the street was they were made overseas. Not necessarily China. We are all guessing and waiting.

Yes I've got the picture of it sitting right here. It's on everyone of them in the same place of the regular 6505 heads.
The pic I've found so far has been on Peavey's site. I just realized they now have more info too and a close up of the amp. Where does it say MIA?

oh, and thanks....If this is true, then I am going to stop buying pedals and save for this bitch.

http://www.peavey.com/assets/images/additional/03588440_7654.jpg

Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
The pic I've found so far has been on Peavey's site. I just realized they now have more info too and a close up of the amp. Where does it say MIA?

oh, and thanks....If this is true, then I am going to stop buying pedals and save for this bitch.

http://www.peavey.com/assets/images/additional/03588440_7654.jpg

thats not the picture I have. Mine is from namm show. as soon as i can switch computers ill post it someone is using the other one. But it still could be made in China. I mean at Namm they could have thrown that together. The one for the public may not be made in America but the picture I have has it.
nevermind here it is right here.... Look in the left hand corner. I've got one closer up too when I change computers the writing underneath the signature says designed and built in the usa
^ looks like my future amp!!!

and im still open up for suggestions
feel free to add me
hcsn2008 - that is very interesting. If you zoom in on that plate from pic off Peavey site that I pasted, that is missing.

I mean, I hope you are right and all trust me.

WTF - you had direct experience with the XXX so if you liked it, that is what I would go for. I personally may do the same some day.
^ I liked the XXX but i also like to try something different
feel free to add me
I think it'll be made in America. One reason why is peavey always pushes that their 6505 is an american made high gain amp. I just don't see them changing it and the pictures I have still have USA written on it.

But when it comes to combos I like the vypyr tube myself. I own a 6505 head and was looking for a combo that sounded just like it.

The tube version of the vypyr has the same exact power section as the 6505 combo. So you already have the power amp of the 6505. It's built exactly the same down to the wiring as the 6505. Then it has one preamp tube and the rest is solid state but they did it so well that it sounds just like the real thing.

The solid state versions are decent but I couldn't buy one because it simply didn't have the feel and warmth of the real 6505.

But yeah the 6505 combo will be a good buy. I'd try out a tube vypyr also though just to see if you like it. Make sure you take time and compare it to the 6505 combo when it comes out. It'll sound almost exactly alike.
who's signature is on there? still van halens?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i think its Hartley Peavey's signature....
and Peavey cant use EVH's signature anymore
feel free to add me
Yeah. hcsn - I know how you feel about the Vypyr.

If $719 is the list or whatever then these will be selling in $500 range. Considering the Valveking 112 is $400 and is made in China in only makes sense that the new 6505+ would be too. I really hope I am wrong. If they can make a 6505 112 here in the States and sell for that price man more power to them.

WTF - hope I'm not highjacking your thread.
^that's what i thought, since he works with Fender now...thanks though!

can't really help on the amp issue, I don't know **** about the metul. I did like the Bogner Alchemist though, which is closest to a metal amp I ever tried

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
311- its fine man
Hendriko- yep im right it is HP's signature
feel free to add me
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Yeah. hcsn - I know how you feel about the Vypyr.

If $719 is the list or whatever then these will be selling in $500 range. Considering the Valveking 112 is $400 and is made in China in only makes sense that the new 6505+ would be too. I really hope I am wrong. If they can make a 6505 112 here in the States and sell for that price man more power to them.

WTF - hope I'm not highjacking your thread.

Well I mean I hate to keep talking about the vypyr but the tube vypyr sounds so much like the real thing it makes the 6505 combo kinda pointless to me. Because I get the same tone plus more out of it.

I think because of the economy they are selling it cheaper. Keep in mind prices are put up a lot more than it cost them to make these amps they can easily sell this combo for that price.

I think a dealer told me one time a 6505+ head he bought them for 450 bucks and they sell them for 1200. So this combos probably are only costing 200 bucks or so.

I mean it could be made in china but peavey is always talking about their 6505 is american made and I just don't see them dropping that speach plus the ones at namm had it written on it.
^ you make a good point hcn.
but i really do hope that the 6505+ combo is american made, if its not then i have to go with the trusty XXX.
feel free to add me
Quote by hcsn2008
Well I mean I hate to keep talking about the vypyr but the tube vypyr sounds so much like the real thing it makes the 6505 combo kinda pointless to me. Because I get the same tone plus more out of it.

I think because of the economy they are selling it cheaper. Keep in mind prices are put up a lot more than it cost them to make these amps they can easily sell this combo for that price.

I think a dealer told me one time a 6505+ head he bought them for 450 bucks and they sell them for 1200. So this combos probably are only costing 200 bucks or so.

I mean it could be made in china but peavey is always talking about their 6505 is american made and I just don't see them dropping that speach plus the ones at namm had it written on it.

I seriously doubt a Peavey dealer makes that much profit. I'd guess more like 20% profit margin not almost 300%.

I'd have to try both side by side and I haven't played the Vypyr 60 yet so.

And just because it had a MIA thing at NAMM doesn't mean sh!t me. I'm going to stick by what they have on their website for now. Not trying to be argumentative with you either bro I sincerely hope you are right.

Page 1 of 3