I need some advice and tips on ways to create some ace sounding feedback on my guitar. I am working on an instrumental piece where it builds and builds and half way through i want to bring some guitar feedback into. I want something that almost could deafen people upon listening to it and something really ringy and sustainy...any advice is welcomed and any effects to use etc; are greatly appreciated.
Bass....How low can you go?????
turn up the volume very loud and turn up the distortion
Quote by pedromiles101
you're not gonna want to take a dump in a gross, off-colored, vintage toilet. you want something that is white and pearly; something that shines. something that you can put your cheeks against and say, "f*** yeah"
distortion + standing with your pickups facing the amp = feedback.

i like to shake my guitar to get some vibrato in the feedback ha.
███████████████████████████████████
Quote by JoeyDengler
I need some advice and tips on ways to create some ace sounding feedback on my guitar. I am working on an instrumental piece where it builds and builds and half way through i want to bring some guitar feedback into. I want something that almost could deafen people upon listening to it and something really ringy and sustainy...any advice is welcomed and any effects to use etc; are greatly appreciated.

Find the pick of destiny.

Your quote is awesome, btw.
Volume.

I find myself saying this in every feedback thread.

Feedback is a PHYSICAL effect, it's caused by the sound waves from the speaker perpetuating the vibration of the strings...the output from the amp is literally feeding back into itself through the guitar. If you're not shifting enough air then you won't get feedback, doesn't matter how else you muck around with your settings.

And don't try it with a solid state amp - ss feebdack tends to sound like ass and is a lot harsher and harder to control. You only really get that singing, shimmery pulsating feedback with a tube amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Mar 28, 2009,