Page 1 of 3
There are many bands that sound alike, almost identical in the world today, and you can't easily find bands that have created their own distinctive sound... And I mean bands whose songs reek from their style, whose songs you here and immediately your mind goes to "that band". So, what bands do you think have their own sound?

Opeth must be mentioned here, as they're their own genre of music.
Children of bodom are instantly recognisable to me.
Even though they are not metal, Apocalyptica with their cellos have made their own sound.
And I'll dare to say the name H.I.M in the Metal forum. No, they're not metal, and "love metal" is one of the dumbest labels I've ever heard, but you have to give credit to the guys, as much as you hate or love their music, they've made their own sound.
Rage Against The Machine is pretty damn recognisable
http://www.myspace.com/echohead7

GUITARS
PRS SE Camo
Epiphone G400 SG
AMP
Roland Cube 30
EFFECTS
Morley Bad Horsie Wah
Danelectro FAB Distortion
Digitech Whammy
Electro-Harmonix LPB-1

Quote by Mister.Y
Imagine your underwear.... naked.
Probably Mastodon, Tool, those bands you mentioned are very good examples. Dream Theater. i think only progressive bands nowadays try to create thier own sound because porgressive is moving forward and trying to do new things. Many bands are afraid of selling out to thier fans and dont stray far from thier regular sounds
in the metal genre you must mention Between The Buried and Me, also Protest the Hero.

both of those bands are incredibly unique and always stand out from the competition. Also The Human Abstract, both of their records are unique and also quite different from each other.
Quote by StillSoundRG
I don't like you ACFCPatrick. Your views differ from mine.
Easily Lamb of God, they have an unique sound and when I ear a song of that kind of sound I think "hey, this looks like LoG"
After all you fell in love with death,
Life has aborted.
All you've had and all you became,
The night is calling, you pray forth.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Quote by Eternal_w
Easily Lamb of God, they have an unique sound and when I ear a song of that kind of sound I think "hey, this looks like LoG"

they stole that sound from testament
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
I wouldn't say lamb of god, because there are many other death/thrash/metalcore bands like them. I mean, you hear a riff and you say "that's opeth/cob".
Avenged sevenfold comes to mind. Like them or not but they really got their own sound
Anacrusis is just about the only non-founding (i.e. Metallica, Slayer...) thrash band that didn't sound like anyone else.

Quote by CG Man16
they stole that sound from testament

And Testament stole that from Metallica and Ulysses Siren, so stfu.
Last edited by HamburgerBoy at Mar 28, 2009,
How 'bout Muse?
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Kreator have a very distinctive sound too. They've like melodic thrash metal, and Mille's voice is instantly recognisable...
And now that I think about it, Iron Maiden have a sound that other bands have too. I mean, when you listen to another band's song and listen a certain melody, you can say that that melody is iron-maiden-esque; also the galloping is signature too...
Also, linkin park.
Quote by 08L1V10N
How 'bout Muse?

not really metal, but then again neither are half the bands mentioned.
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
Quote by AcousticSlayer

just cos it all sounds the same doesn't mean they havent got their own sound.

I haven't listened to a band that sounds like them , at least..
STEAM: beachhhhhhhh

Quote by cornmancer
Please daddy, just for one hour.
the more technical albums by Death (Symbolic,SOP)definitely gave them their own sound, King Diamond / Mercyful Fate also created their own sound with the falsettos and their guitar styles. Also Eluveitie are distinct with their use of folk instruments instead of a keyboard generated sound.
Gear:
  • Orange TH30
  • Framus Cobra 4x12
  • Gibson Les Paul Studio
  • Gibson Explorer
  • Taylor 214CE-G
Last edited by Maggot3000 at Mar 28, 2009,
Red Hot Chili Peppers, Suicidal Tendencies, System of a Down (if and when they come back), Incubus, Foo Fighters. Most of those bands have pretty distinct sounds.
There have been about three posts talking about metal bands.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
I KNOW THESE ARE NOT 'METAL'. I DIDN'T SEE THAT THIS WAS IN THIS FORUM. HAPPY NOW?!
Eurgh, I fxcking hate the concept of genres.

Avenged Sevenfold
Fightstar
Rage Against The Machine
Deftones
Incubus
Dead By April
City & Colour
Muse
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Pinkly Smooth
Enter Shikari
Four Year Strong
Protest The Hero
Blink 182 (Really recognisable, considering the genre)
Nirvana (Same as the above band)

I could go on forever, pretty much.
I deeply regret the 6661 in my username. Siiiigh. Damn you, 14 year old me, you edgy little bastard.
Last edited by Carl6661 at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by Carl6661
Avenged Sevenfold
Fightstar
Rage Against The Machine
Deftones
Incubus
Dead By April
City & Colour
Muse
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Pinkly Smooth
Enter Shikari
Four Year Strong
Protest The Hero

Also - If you're going to bitch about any of the bands there, or if you don't think they have a unique sound. Please keep that opinion to yourself. Thankyou .

EDIT - I might put more in a bit later, if any come to mind.

Can I bitch about your posting of false metal in this thread?
This thread needs to die
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Why the **** does it need to die man? Suggest some REAL metal bands with their own sound then.
I'd like to add Dark Tranquillity... Despair, melancholy, passion... The most recognisable melodeath band.
The lurker ninja morons are attacking again! To arms, my functioning brain brethern! TO ARMS!!!!
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Iron Maiden
3 Inches of Blood
Tyr

I agree with Dragonforce too, thought that would be something that even the people who hated them could agree with.
Quote by ingames
Why the **** does it need to die man? Suggest some REAL metal bands with their own sound then.
I'd like to add Dark Tranquillity... Despair, melancholy, passion... The most recognisable melodeath band.

these threads seem to lure hxc kids who spam up the forum.

anyway
Vehemence
Agalloch
The Absence
Vader
A Band of Orcs

just off the top of my head.
Edit: Hell too
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Last edited by CG Man16 at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by ingames
Holopainen? Is he related to Tuomas of Nightwish?

I'm not sure, if it's the case they're not close anyway. They were born in different parts of Finland.
Last edited by Blizk at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by Carl6661
Avenged Sevenfold
Fightstar
Rage Against The Machine
Deftones
Incubus
Dead By April
City & Colour
Muse
Red Hot Chilli Peppers
Pinkly Smooth
Enter Shikari
Four Year Strong
Protest The Hero

Also - If you're going to bitch about any of the bands there, or if you don't think they have a unique sound. Please keep that opinion to yourself. Thankyou .

EDIT - I might put more in a bit later, if any come to mind.

Why are you in this forum? You clearly don't even listen to metal. Is it like... "cool" to troll here?

Anyway. Opeth.
Strapping Young Lad have their own sound. It changes from album to album but you know its still them XD

Entombed are very unique too.
Page 1 of 3