I bought this new guitar a ltd f-250 with one emg hz and a dimebucker sh 13. I was wondering if i should save up for emg 81 60 or just get another dimebucker. I have a vox vt30 and i love to play metal like metallica megadeth. Thanks
if i were you id deff get the 81/60 set.. if you feel ambitious you could try a set of duncan blackouts
Well.....are you playing through a small solid state amp? If so,then actives probably aren't a good idea.You'd be better off with passives,and not another dimebucker,there are much better distortion passives on the market for less IMO.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Why do you buy a guitar when you don't even like the pickups in it? Probably the most important part in it.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard
Quote by Pr0gNut
Well.....are you playing through a small solid state amp? If so,then actives probably aren't a good idea.You'd be better off with passives,and not another dimebucker,there are much better distortion passives on the market for less IMO.

He said he has a Vox VT30

Quote by Hultan
Why do you buy a guitar when you don't even like the pickups in it? Probably the most important part in it.

Yeah, let's completely ignore the bridge, which keeps the strings in place along with the tuning heads. Also, completely disregard the input jack and the frets themselves. nobody needs to worry about those at all. Let's make a ****fit about the most easily customizable part of a guitar, shall we?
Last edited by [VictorinoX] at Mar 28, 2009,
i got it because i traded it straight up for a wii. so i got a extremely good deal. And i figured i can change the pickups
Quote by Hultan

No.

Construction quality,playability,and the tone woods used are much more important.Pickups are one of the most easily changed aspects of a guitar and can be replaced with a simple knowledge of wiring and soldering.

And to Vic....uhm..... I have no clue whether that's tube or SS,I don't know much about the various Vox models

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
No.

Construction quality,playability,and the tone woods used are much more important.Pickups are one of the most easily changed aspects of a guitar and can be replaced with a simple knowledge of wiring and soldering.

And to Vic....uhm..... I have no clue whether that's tube or SS,I don't know much about the various Vox models

Ah well either way, I mostly beat you to the first part of what you said ^
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Ah well either way, I mostly beat you to the first part of what you said ^

Yes,damn you and your edit

I would honestly just save your money for a new amp. Most pick-ups through a cheaper modeler aren't going to floor you with a huge difference. Sure you may notice a bit more definition but in the long run a better amp will serve you much better.

I also think you(and many others new to pick-ups) are approaching it in the wrong way. A lot of people think "I'll go ask for what the "best" pick-ups are for X genre" when in reality you need to think about "What do I want to change exactly about the sound of this guitar?"

Taking into account the bass, mid, treble and things like harmonics, response, articulation are really the way to find pick-ups for your situation.

Good luck either way though.
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]'] srry. I'll let you have the next one.

Probably a bad idea.I'm tired so my rebuttals are starting to verge on pure insults instead of actual facts.....seems to be happening more often lately.

Anyway,TS,is your Vox a tube amp or a solid state amp?

Actives generally don't work well with solid state amps,especially modeling amps.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Probably a bad idea.I'm tired so my rebuttals are starting to verge on pure insults instead of actual facts.....seems to be happening more often lately.

Actives generally don't work well with solid state amps,especially modeling amps.

It's a valvetronix, so it's a modeling, but it uses the Vox Valve Reactor Tube (or something like that) technology. Powered by a 12AX7 tube.
Quote by Pr0gNut

It's a hybrid I believe. I'm not really sure how they sound with a high out-put pick-up but I'm guessing the "tube" in it is more of a gimmick and actives wouldn't do much for it. Just a guess though
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']It's a valvetronix, so it's a modeling, but it uses the Vox Valve Reactor Tube (or something like that) technology. Powered by a 12AX7 tube.

One of teh fancy highbread moodeling amps eh?

If it isn't all tube then it's solid state as far as I'm concerned.If I were you TS i wouldn't bother upgrading the pups and I'd put all my money towards a nice naturally high gain all tube amp.Until you have a high quality amp things like pup swaps don't really have the affect on tone that you'd expect.You'd see some change,but it wouldn't give you a change that equated to the money you just dropped on that new set of EMG's.

Quote by Pr0gNut
One of teh fancy highbread moodeling amps eh?

If it isn't all tube then it's solid state as far as I'm concerned.If I were you TS i wouldn't bother upgrading the pups and I'd put all my money towards a nice naturally high gain all tube amp.Until you have a high quality amp things like pup swaps don't really have the affect on tone that you'd expect.You'd see some change,but it wouldn't give you a change that equated to the money you just dropped on that new set of EMG's.

3mg 4nd $0l!d $t4t3 c4n't g3t t3h br00t4lz!!!
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']3mg 4nd $0l!d $t4t3 c4n't g3t t3h br00t4lz!!!

Ouch........my eyes/brain.

Goddamn interwebz once again proves that numbers are not a substitute for letters in day to day conversation .

Quote by Pr0gNut
Ouch........my eyes/brain.

Goddamn interwebz once again proves that numbers are not a substitute for letters in day to day conversation .

I think we've officially hi-jacked this thread
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']I think we've officially hi-jacked this thread

Yup,an otherwise productive and well meaning thread has once again become fodder for our borderline retarded antics.........and I love it haha.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Yup,an otherwise productive and well meaning thread has once again become fodder for our borderline retarded antics.........and I love it haha.

Same here. It's so much fun

Quote by Rhoads_1096
Get an 81/60 set

Not a good idea when using a solid state or hybrid amp.
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Same here. It's so much fun

Not a good idea when using a solid state or hybrid amp.

Indeed.

hahah don't say that,some kid who plays a hellraiser through a spider III will run in here and chew both of us out for not acknowledging the brutal power of actives not being used properly.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Indeed.

hahah don't say that,some kid who plays a hellraiser through a spider III will run in here and chew both of us out for not acknowledging the brutal power of actives not being used properly.

And we'll appropriately hand his ass to him and leave him to cry in his corner while listening to Beast n the Harlot
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']And we'll appropriately hand his ass to him and leave him to cry in his corner while listening to Beast n the Harlot

That mental image is f*cking priceless,well played Sir.

Quote by Pr0gNut

That mental image is f*cking priceless,well played Sir.

I read what I wrote and it just hit me really ****ing hard *takes a bow*
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]'] I read what I wrote and it just hit me really ****ing hard *takes a bow*

Just the gentle sobbing and rocking back and forth while the song blasts indifferently in the background.............good god is that funny for some reason

Schecter has to be one of the most positively bandwagoned brands on UG though,so I think that might be why that statement cracked me up so bad.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Just the gentle sobbing and rocking back and forth while the song blasts indifferently in the background.............good god is that funny for some reason

Schecter has to be one of the most positively bandwagoned brands on UG though,so I think that might be why that statement cracked me up so bad.

Yeah, that about says it.

Guess who else played Schecter?!

[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Yeah, that about says it.

Guess who else played Schecter?!

Ughh.....we get it Cure...you're edgy and nobody understands you.....enough already

Quote by Pr0gNut
Ughh.....we get it Cure...you're edgy and nobody understands you.....enough already

"Yeah man, you're ****ing edgy and cool. Hell, you're the coolest ****ing guy at ShenaniganZ. That's like being the smartest kid with Down's Syndrome."

Gotta love Waiting
[quote="'[VictorinoX"]']Yeah, let's completely ignore the bridge, which keeps the strings in place along with the tuning heads. Also, completely disregard the input jack and the frets themselves. nobody needs to worry about those at all. Let's make a ****fit about the most easily customizable part of a guitar, shall we?
I said PROBABLY.
It's just that I can't imagine myself walk into a store, play a guitar that I don't like the sound of, and then buy it.
Quote by A Certain Death
my mum is a retard