installed my SD Blackouts into my damien 6 and for some reason even on high gain they sound clean, can't hear harmonics, I'm sure something is wrong maybe something came lose because I wired everything the way it's supposed to. But maybe someone knows what could cause this exactly?
heh for some reason I can hear my keyboard typing on my amp O_o somethings wrong lol
Hmm that seems wierd. take it to a guitar tech.
and for that keybaord thing, double click sound icon in task bar, mute the microphone channel.
Tim.

You have entered the Twilight Zone
Beyond this world strange things are known
Use this key, unlock the door
See what your fate might have in store
Come explore your dreams' creation
Enter this world of imagination
dead battery/no battery ?
i used to be a mod, then i took an arrow in the knee.
idk I took the battery out of a pedal and it seemed to be good enough for the pedal..
need to buy new batteries hopefully that's all it is :\
i mean i can take it to the store where I bought the pickups from but it's an hour and a half away i should have brought my guitar there in the first place >_<

hm no the sound thing didnt work, it seems to be picking up signals from other electronics :S:S:S:S
Last edited by 877O at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by TimBFMV
Hmm that seems wierd. take it to a guitar tech.
and for that keybaord thing, double click sound icon in task bar, mute the microphone channel.

actually the keyboard thing happens when the guitar isn't grounded properly. which means your guitar isn't grounded properly, which means the wiring is wrong, which is probably the source of your problem. I'd take it to a guitar tech, all pickup brands use different wiring colours and you probably just mixed one up.
Gear:
Fender Hot Rod Deville 2x12
Custom Built Guitar (made it myself)
PRS SE Soapbar II Maple
Fender Stratacoustic (Stolen! )
Digitech RP200
Boss MT-2
Roland Microcube
I like my stuff!
Quote by 877O
idk I took the battery out of a pedal and it seemed to be good enough for the pedal..
i mean i can take it to the store where I bought the pickups from but it's an hour and a half away i should have brought my guitar there in the first place >_<

hm no the sound thing didnt work, it seems to be picking up signals from other electronics :S:S:S:S

wait a sec.... you'll spend 100-150 bucks on active pickups but wont spend the 3 bucks for a new, fresh 9v battery? dont do things half-assed since it cuts down on problems in the future.

put a fresh 9v in there then see how they sound before making a thread like this since it can be that the only thing wrong is a low battery.
That sounds more likely.
Hm and I noticed they say not to let the output jack touch the inside of the guitar... how are you supposed to put it in there without it touching the wood? lol
maybe that's where the problem is :\
Quote by noisefarmer
wait a sec.... you'll spend 100-150 bucks on active pickups but wont spend the 3 bucks for a new, fresh 9v battery? dont do things half-assed since it cuts down on problems in the future.

put a fresh 9v in there then see how they sound before making a thread like this since it can be that the only thing wrong is a low battery.

But apparently the guitar isn't grounded properly so I'm thinking it's not the battery O_o lol
do you have access to a camera ? if so post some pics of your wiring job so we can further help you.
Sounds like a phase problem (among other things) to me. Draw up a diagram of how the guitar is wired now (not how it is supposed to be, but how it is physically wired at the moment) and it should be a easy for us to find the problem.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
On an active circuit? Phasing won't be easily fixed.

I think we need pics of the wires (and a diagram if you're a messy person ) to really tell.
------

Shwiggity.
yeah i'm pretty messy it would be hard to see the pictures, not a lot of space in there lol
but it's wired exactly as it says to on the 1 volume 1 tone diagram, i'd really be drawing the same thing but it should work but apparently it isn't :\
anyone clarify what they mean by not letting the output jack touch the inside of the guitar?
little confused on that
other than that I guess I can start over on the wiring
well i re-wired it a second time and same thing i didnt change how the output jack is in there tho cause idk how else it would be installed
i still get the keyboard thing.. still not grounded properly? i don't get it :S

oh and i guess I did something to make a radio signal play through my amp wtf?
Last edited by 877O at Mar 29, 2009,
with pictures we could probably diagnose the problem in about 5 seconds. anyway you could get some up ?
Have you tried adjusting the pickup height?
When I put new pups in, I had the clean only problem, put them closer and back to normal.
As far as the keyboard thing, Iono.
Are you using the right pots? The pickups should of come with some 25k pots, I dont know what affect using normal pots in an active circuit would have but its just a thought.
Gear:

Ibanez RGT220H
Schecter C1 Elite
Ibanez EWC30
Maxon OD-808
Framus Cobra
Peavey 5150 MK1 Block Letter
ENGL E530 Preamp
Mesa Boogie Standard Rectifier 4x12

Music:

http://www.myspace.com/morethanthisuk
Quote by 877O
installed my SD Blackouts into my damien 6 and for some reason even on high gain they sound clean, can't hear harmonics, I'm sure something is wrong maybe something came lose because I wired everything the way it's supposed to. But maybe someone knows what could cause this exactly?
heh for some reason I can hear my keyboard typing on my amp O_o somethings wrong lol
There are a bunch of possibilities. cba to list them all. YOU need to give better info to narrow the possibilities down.

Regarding hearing the computer noise, your volume and gain are probably high on the amp to make up for an extremely weak signal from the guitar. That's why you're picking up the external noises.

Quote by 877O

ALWAYS start with fresh batteries. Scavaging a battery of unknown condition just leaves more possibilities for problems.

1 - Did you actually get a new battery or are you still using the one of unknown strength?

Quote by 877O
That sounds more likely.
Hm and I noticed they say not to let the output jack touch the inside of the guitar... how are you supposed to put it in there without it touching the wood? lol
maybe that's where the problem is :\
They probably mean to not let the Tip and Ring connection touch the wood. This is especially important if the cavity has conductive paint as sheilding. You would partially short the signal, making it weak. The sleeve (bushing) is connected to ground, so no worries if THAT part touches ground.

Quote by 877O
yeah i'm pretty messy it would be hard to see the pictures, not a lot of space in there lol
but it's wired exactly as it says to on the 1 volume 1 tone diagram, i'd really be drawing the same thing but it should work but apparently it isn't :\
anyone clarify what they mean by not letting the output jack touch the inside of the guitar?
little confused on that
other than that I guess I can start over on the wiring
Quit making excuses and do YOUR part. Being a lazy ass won't help us help YOU.

Read previous about what I am GUESSING about what they mean. Why am I GUESSING? Because YOU haven't been doing YOUR part.

2 - Where is the LINK to the drawing you're working from for the wiring?

3 - Where is a LINK to the text your reading about the output jack not touching ground, OR a copy/paste of the TEXT?

Quote by 877O
well i re-wired it a second time and same thing i didnt change how the output jack is in there tho cause idk how else it would be installed
i still get the keyboard thing.. still not grounded properly? i don't get it :S

oh and i guess I did something to make a radio signal play through my amp wtf?
You apparently just remade whatever problems you had in the first place or your problem is not in the wiring you reworked.

Quote by 877O
anyone? -.-
We're not mind readers. Quit begging for help and start supplying information, you knucklehead.

4 - as kiwi68 suggested, make sure your pickups are close to the strings.

5 - take some pictures of your wiring and do a decent job of it.

Make sure all items in RED are handled when you post again, or your just wasting our time as well as your own.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.