Page 1 of 2
Does it ever seem odd to you that so much of the food we eat bears no resemblance to its original source? A Twinkie is made from wheat and cream and sugar, but it's been bastardized to such an extent that it doesnt look like any food source you'd find in nature. It has got to be odd to any animals observing us as we eat.. we put cultural importance on the ability to cook, and while many people stick to natural foods and the inherent flavors of food, many others process things to the point of alienation. Bleached, vitamin-enriched flour and high fructose corn syrup practically dominate the food world, and yet we wonder why we have obesity problems and poor nutritional value in our food. So much of our food is preserved and made to have a shelf life, which is kind of disgusting if you think about it. I don't usually think of tomatos when I crack open a can of Campbell's condensed tomato soup and watch it glob over into the pan, retaining some of its shape...

Anyway, that's my rant. Discuss processed foods
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

hey, as long as it tastes good and doesn't give me cancer...
Quote by severed-metal
Come to think of it, my penis should've listened to more death metal.

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
You should write erotic novels.
VENUSIAN
FB SC BC TW
Patterns In The Ivy present ethnicity on an intriguing and dedicated level. ~Ambient Exotica
A mesmeric melange of yearning voice, delicate piano and carefully chosen samples. ~Lost Voices
Quote by rabidguitarist
You should write erotic novels.

I'll consider it.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

That's why I don't eat crap food. Haven't had fast food in over a year, don't drink pop, it's really not that hard to do but people are incredibly lazy when it comes to diet.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Personally, I would say it's deeply psychological, deep-seated desire to escape our natural origins. Even the most 'primitive' of cultures will pierce, tattoo, and in various other ways choose to edit the natural appearances of their bodies. This disgust about 'natural' food is simply another manifestation of our distaste for our naturalness. As is the utter disregard for the environment. People don't want to live on a farm, they'd frankly rather live in a suburb where nature is compartmentalised and fed to them in manageable bitesize chunks.
Last edited by Kumanji at Mar 28, 2009,
I've thought about this several times. I mean it's hard to prevent eating processed food in the world we live in now, especially being a teenager, but I've told my mom to buy as much organic as she can and she agrees with me. It really is disgusting when you think about it, but as long as it makes money and tastes good people will still eat it.
I'm the same as I was when I was six years old
And oh my god I feel so damn old
I don't really feel anything
Quote by Kumanji
Personally, I would say it's deeply psychological, deep-seated desire to escape our natural origins. Even the most 'primitive' of cultures will pierce, tattoo, and in various other ways choose the natural appearances of their bodies. This disgust about 'natural' food is simply another manifestation of our distaste for our naturalness. As is the utter disregard for the environment. People don't want to live on a farm, they'd frankly rather live in a suburb where nature is compartmentalised and fed to them in manageable bitesize chunks.

Absolutely agreed. I dunno, I'm so disenchanted with the idea of civilization. Clothes, food, our unnecessary mannerisms and built-up sensitivities. I'm moving off to live alone on a mountain as a nudist when I'm older, I'll keep a garden and such
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
Absolutely agreed. I dunno, I'm so disenchanted with the idea of civilization. Clothes, food, our unnecessary mannerisms and built-up sensitivities. I'm moving off to live alone on a mountain as a nudist when I'm older, I'll keep a garden and such

Wow I think I might just do that too We shall start a nudist colony... with Anti-Kensai snoop alarms.
Quote by vintage x metal

i plan on going to Sweden and doing the same, care to join me
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
So my question is. Can Pre-Cum fluid pass through my underwear, my jeans, onto and through her jeans, through her underwear, and impregnate her?
Quote by ACG
That's why I don't eat crap food. Haven't had fast food in over a year, don't drink pop, it's really not that hard to do but people are incredibly lazy when it comes to diet.

I had Wendy's last night
Quote by DrLoveFuzz
I'd rather listen to my parents having sex than LCD Soundsystem.
Quote by SRX700
I had Wendy's last night

Me too.

Tasted like old rusty coins.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
LOL that's like saying that mashed potato isn't awesome because it doesn't look like a potato. and we all know that mashed potato kicks ass.
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
Quote by vintage x metal

that is the most pretentious thing i have ever read.
Quote by Kensai
Me too.

They probably threw some in there

Kumanji, CG Man, sounds like a plan
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by Kensai
Me too.

I was about to say that I'm rather surprised you know what rusty coins taste like.

Then I realised I wasn't

Quote by Fretbuzzer
that is the most pretentious thing i have ever read.

Name one good thing 'civilization' has brought about for the WHOLE of mankind.
Quote by vintage x metal

Kumanji, CG Man, sounds like a plan

ooh yeah

Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
Quote by vintage x metal

Yeah well, she is a pretty kinky girl.

Quote by Kumanji
I was about to say that I'm rather surprised you know what rusty coins taste like.

Then I realised I wasn't

I admit I have some problems
Quote by shut_up_n00b
LOL that's like saying that mashed potato isn't awesome because it doesn't look like a potato. and we all know that mashed potato kicks ass.

You can still tell a mashed potato is just a potato though, and it still tastes like potato, just a bit yummier. A potato chip, on the other hand..

Quote by Fretbuzzer
that is the most pretentious thing i have ever read

How so? I'm not trying to be pretentious
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal

You can still tell a mashed potato is just a potato though, and it still tastes like potato, just a bit yummier. A potato chip, on the other hand.

Hmm. Phallic symbols to represent the missing father figure?
Quote by vintage x metal

I think collectivity at some level is necessary for humans, and civilization is kind of a double edged sword.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by Kumanji

Name one good thing 'civilization' has brought about for the WHOLE of mankind.

Science?
Quote by ACG
Science?

really, civilization has created a lot of good, it's also caused a lot of pain and damage.
Quote by severed-metal

Quote by Morphogenesis26
I prefer to eat food that was actually prepared like taters and gravy or something, not the McD's sausage McMuffin with an M on top and the taste of Rosie O'Donnell's toenail clippings.
Quote by Kumanji
I reccommend you tell that to the indigenous tribes in Ethiopia who are having their homelands forcibly flooded in the name of progress.

What about sliced bread?
Quote by Kumanji
I reccommend you tell that to the indigenous tribes in Ethiopia who are having their homelands forcibly flooded in the name of progress.

So are you condemning civilization because pleasing everyone is impossible?

Civilization has brought about a LOT of good things, and sure, it has brought about a LOT of bad things too, but I'm sure the same could be said about almost anything. I don't believe that's a reason to say "I despise civilization!"
Quote by StreetLight3989
I think civilization at some level is necessary for humans, or at least collectivity in some form.

In our current form, I agree, but only because we've evolved this way. I mean, there are ways to be civilized without completely ridding ourselves of natural needs. Agriculture is certainly a step in the right direction, but increased dependency on technology is just ridiculous. Sure, we've made incredible advancements, but everything has become so specialized and streamlined that it's very inaccessible for the common person to understand and if anything goes wrong, we're ultimately fucked. Our brains, especially emotionally, haven't evolved to be able to handle a lot of what's going on with the world.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
In our current form, I agree, but only because we've evolved this way. I mean, there are ways to be civilized without completely ridding ourselves of natural needs. Agriculture is certainly a step in the right direction, but increased dependency on technology is just ridiculous. Sure, we've made incredible advancements, but everything has become so specialized and streamlined that it's very inaccessible for the common person to understand and if anything goes wrong, we're ultimately fucked. Our brains, especially emotionally, haven't evolved to be able to handle a lot of what's going on with the world.

Oh yeah, the way technology is advancing is really disgusting me. I don't want microchips in me and I don't want robots with absolutely no emotions or feelings doing work and running things. I think going back to a state we were before advances in technology or even before the internet is almost impossible on a large scale, or it would take a very long time. I just think people fell in love with the idea of the perfection and "easiness" technology creates and took it too far. That said, I still love the social networking and community aspects of my computer and the internet.
Quote by StreetLight3989
Oh yeah, the way technology is advancing is really disgusting me. I don't want microchips in me and I don't want robots with absolutely no emotions or feelings doing work and running things. I think going back to a state we were before advances in technology or even before the internet is almost impossible on a large scale, or it would take a very long time. I just think people fell in love with the idea of the perfection and "easiness" technology creates and took it too far. That said, I still love the social networking and community aspects of my computer and the internet.

MC name = Bearrorism
Quote by StreetLight3989

I'd be lying if I said I didn'y enjoy the convenience of reaching friends online or riding around in a car. It's comfy and easy; I still think I'd be better without it though.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Virtually ALL food you buy is processed. And you would like the alternative, i.e. growing your own food, even less. So quit complaining and be thankful that you don't live in a region of the world where they have to eat treebark to survive (but hey, at least it isn't processed).

Also, if obesity were caused mainly by the food, everyone eating that food would be obese, which isn't the case. Obesity is caused by the fact that people don't control their eating habits and don't exercise.
Quote by Mad Marius
Virtually ALL food you buy is processed. And you would like the alternative, i.e. growing your own food, even less. So quit complaining and be thankful that you don't live in a region of the world where they have to eat treebark to survive (but hey, at least it isn't processed).

Also, if obesity were caused mainly by the food, everyone eating that food would be obese, which isn't the case. Obesity is caused by the fact that people don't control their eating habits and don't exercise.

The reason why I find it somewhat appalling is actually because of the starving third world countries. If less effort was put into producing all this food, more could be put into growing food to provide to the less fortunate. I mean, the fact that we have so much research and land and time dedicated to refining food where it could be better spent is just disappointing. I'm lucky to have all this food at my hands, and I cherish it everyday when I remember where my family came from back in Bangladesh. The poverty there is life-changing to observe.

That's true. I never said it was the only problem. But you can agree that we'd have a healthier community if we didn't have a lot of the processed crap.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Quote by vintage x metal
I'd be lying if I said I didn'y enjoy the convenience of reaching friends online or riding around in a car. It's comfy and easy; I still think I'd be better without it though.

I'm kind of torn on that one.

I mean I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't know about 90% of the bands I love now and I would be going to no shows, but I would be love to be less dependent on the internet. I think it would be easier to go without the internet if we all lived in close knit communities who all helped and supported each other, but that isn't how it is now.
Last edited by StreetLight3989 at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by vintage x metal
Does it ever seem odd to you that so much of the food we eat bears no resemblance to its original source? A Twinkie is made from wheat and cream and sugar, but it's been bastardized to such an extent that it doesnt look like any food source you'd find in nature. It has got to be odd to any animals observing us as we eat.. we put cultural importance on the ability to cook, and while many people stick to natural foods and the inherent flavors of food, many others process things to the point of alienation. Bleached, vitamin-enriched flour and high fructose corn syrup practically dominate the food world, and yet we wonder why we have obesity problems and poor nutritional value in our food. So much of our food is preserved and made to have a shelf life, which is kind of disgusting if you think about it. I don't usually think of tomatos when I crack open a can of Campbell's condensed tomato soup and watch it glob over into the pan, retaining some of its shape...

Anyway, that's my rant. Discuss processed foods

Not really. My dog wants to eat everything that I eat.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Mad Marius

Nooo man obesity is a DISEASE caused by a VIRUS! YOU PEOPLE DON'T UNDERSTAND!!! ! *opens bag of chips and rolls over to the tvcouch*

You people still haven't responded to my proposal that sliced bread is an invention that contributes positively to the entire humanity without any downsides. IT'S BECAUSE IT IS PERFECT. ALL HAIL KING SLICED BREAD!
Quote by StreetLight3989
I'm kind of torn on that one.

I mean I'm not going to lie, I wouldn't know about 90% of the bands I love now and I would be going to no shows, but I would be love to be less dependent on the internet. I think it would be easier to go without the internet if we all lived in close knit communities who all helped and supported each other, but that isn't how it is now.

Think though, you'd probably pick your ass up and go to more shows and find more live music in the area if you didn't have the convenience of just downloading their CDs. Plus it would be more of a quality than quantity deal... You may not know as many bands, but you'd know them on a much more personal level.
Quote by Arthur Curry

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja

Page 1 of 2