Hey guys, a close family friend is having a wedding and she wants me to play "You're Nobody Till Somebody Loves You" with the band.

The Chord Progs go:

Gmaj7 - B7 - E7

Amin7 - D7 - G6

Bmin7 - Bbdim7 - Amin7

Gmaj7 - B7 - E7

Amin7 - E7 - (Am - E7/B - Am/C)

C - C#dim7 - (Gmaj7 - F#7 - F7 - E7)

Amin7 - D9 - D7b9 - (G6 - F9 - Eb7 - D7)

G6 - F9 - G6

The ones in parentheses are short phrases.

Im pretty good at soloing and improv but this song is a little out of my comfort zone for improv, so please any advice is welcome for scales or anything.

Thanks!
I would say arpeggios would be appropriate, so you can emphasize the chord tones.
im trying to actually just get a simple rhythm track down with audacity, but everytime i play-there is a delay from when i actually strum the guitar to when the notes actually play through my computer. do u know how to fix this delay?
you need an ASIO enabled soundcard, or the program ASIO4All (doesnt work 100% of the time)...the reason there is the delay is because of a latency issue - that is, the time you strum the guitar until that audio is converted into a digital format and "heard" by the audio card
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Quote by Axe720
I would say arpeggios would be appropriate, so you can emphasize the chord tones.

Thanks, would you recommend any scales?

And to the other guys, cmon make your own thread.
yeah im sorry about that, i didnt look closely and i thought it was you that asked that question - kirkmaniacs question isnt even in the right forum
Quote by evening_crow
As far as i know the only liquor that should not be stored after opened is wine, and even then it's mainly the french one. American wine usually has conservatives in it to stop this.
Try pentatonics?

I think thats what I'd do, just go for minor pentatonics, play through the chords and listen to the sound to see where to change ono a different one.
don't do pentatonic unless u know what key ur in.

it looks like each prog is in it's own key (someone check) so find the key of each prog and apply it to it's appropriate prog.
*reported*... twice in one reply!

OH NOES!!! Theowy is scawY!!!
Last edited by allislost at Mar 31, 2009,
Yeah pentatonics doesnt seem ideal for this really. Im trying to keep it more, I know which modes to use over single chords but thats really not ideal because Im not quite good enough to change scales for each chord change in there.

Are there any scales that would fit each chord progression? Or any three or more consecutive chords really?
Well personally I would play E minor pentatonic with a few passing tones over most of it, and modulate key a few times but if you don't want my advice don't take it.

If you can't solo with the chord tones, and can't figure out what to use yourself, I'd advice you tell your friend you don't take a solo, or just don't play.
Quote by beavers333
Yeah pentatonics doesnt seem ideal for this really. Im trying to keep it more, I know which modes to use over single chords but thats really not ideal because Im not quite good enough to change scales for each chord change in there.

Are there any scales that would fit each chord progression? Or any three or more consecutive chords really?

There no need to drag modes into this, since the progressions aren't modal. The only one that actually fit inside of a scale is Amin7 - E7, which is a simple A minor progression. For the rest of them, you're either going to have to stick with pentatonics, emphasize chord tones, or wait until you're experienced enough to do something more complicated.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.