alright guys, my old V-moda bass-freq. headphones blew out in one ear so i have to buy new headphones for my ipod touch. I was looking at the Sennheiser CX series and the Sony Mdr-Ex series and i would like to know if anyone here has any experience with them. I basically want a good pair of headphones for listening to Rock and Metal and the ocassional Alternative or whatever but they have to be under 100 dollars.

The help is much appreciated!

oh yeah one more thing, a lot of headphones have a Y cable while others have the cable where one side is longer than the other and its supposed to go around your neck or something or otherwise known as the J cable.

i have only ever had the kind with the Y cable so i want to know what you guys prefer and why. im a bit skeptical on the J cable because it seems a bit wierd.
J cable is so you don't get strangled when you get mugged for your ipod.

Get some Gummy earphones, cheap as hell, very very loud.
Quote by Karvid
You win this thread. And UG. I haven't actually lol'd at a post in a really long time. Thanks for changing that. I expect a sig

He expected this.

Something you definitely need to know
Quote by UncleCthulhu
I just got some CX-300's.

The bass is annoyingly muddy.

Great value buds BUT you need to run 'em in first, play something loud through them for 24 - 48 hours (I just plug 'em into my PC and leave something on loop). This will dramatically improve the sound..

SH
yeah i heard some people say that but others gave it rave reviews so i don't know. I was gonna get the Cx 300 or Cx500 but i don't know anymore. When i had the V-moda Bass freq ones, i always put the treble booster because it was too bassy...but i just want kind of a balanced sound.
Quote by SmellyHarold
Great value buds BUT you need to run 'em in first, play something loud through them for 24 - 48 hours (I just plug 'em into my PC and leave something on loop). This will dramatically improve the sound..

SH

Ah, alright. Cheers
take a look at skull candy headphones. i have a pair and they are very good
Quote by Julz127
I don't actually use toilet paper, I use sweet chili sauce and sandpaper, cause I'm a man.
OP, literally same exact thing happened to me with same headphones. i got a senheisser pair that were amazing, then my touch bricked, and the next week my old ipod and new headphones fell out of my friends pocket
long story short, get sennheiser
Quote by therealtater
that is the first time I have ever actually loled because of the pit you win either a cookie or an internet your choice

Quote by Zero-Hartman
I regularly walk into the living room naked when my parents are watching Greys Anatomy.
In all seriousness,
Buds or DJ-type phones?

I'd recommend the Skullcandy G.I.'s or Hesh's for DJ-style headphones.
If those are too big I have the Lowriders and they're fantastic.

As for buds? I have no idea haha sorry brah
Quote by Kensai
When I wear it I have to fight off women with a stick. Ifyouknowwhatimean.

Quote by daytripper75
Today, 2:51pm EST: Prodigy179 has officially hit puberty.

They're eating her! And then they're going to eat me!
OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO-
i like skull candies but they seem to break contantly ive got through 3 pairs of inkd in as many months!
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan
i like skull candies but they seem to break contantly ive got through 3 pairs of inkd in as many months!

Right? ive been through 6 pairs in a year.