Page 1 of 4
Either booed for a song, booed for length of show, or booed off stage?

I few years ago I saw Clapton and Robert Cray opened for him and he did this song protesting the Iraq war and half the crowd booed him for it. He didn't do anything, just kept on playing.

Ridiculous people in my town.
Whatever happened to sweet Jane?
Yea. A 'band' about midway through the lineup at a local show. Was one guy with a sampler, and one guy with a bass, and the sound of music being anally destroyed. They had a half hour set, that was at least an hour too long.
I went to see Megadeth last year, and Job For Cowboy was one of the supporting acts.

They sucked.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Not so much booed, but Job For A Cowboy got a bit of a **** reception supporting Megadeth last year.

At one point during the Megadeth set, there was the usual "Give it up for Evile" *Greeted by cheers", "...And Job For A Cowboy" *Meh...*
Quote by urbanfox
Not so much booed, but Job For A Cowboy got a bit of a **** reception supporting Megadeth last year.

At one point during the Megadeth set, there was the usual "Give it up for Evile" *Greeted by cheers", "...And Job For A Cowboy" *Meh...*

Lol, what are the odds? =P

Where did you go to see them?

Edit - Nevermind, Birmingham. =P

Manchester didn't like them either.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Your mum... she wouldn't get off the damn pole and make room for the better people.
My setup:

Fender Telecaster Blacktop
Epiphone Les Paul Negative
VOX Valvetronix VT-30
Fulltone OCD
Boss FZ-5
Quote by Glimsom
Lol, what are the odds? =P

Where did you go to see them?

Haha, I thought the very same thing.

Birmingham - yourself?
I saw Survivor play with Foghat and Blue Oyster Cult a couple years ago. They were sucking pretty hard, but then the guitarist took this ****ing 30-40 minute solo, not even exaggerating, and all he did was hold notes for a really long time and pretend like he was being emotional. People started booing and even leaving the stadium

BOC kicked ass, thankfully.
Blood Brothers. They went home earlier I guess.
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
I saw Metallica in '07 at Wembley with HIM, Mastodon and Machine Head supporting, and HIM were bottled. They just kept on playing and put their ninja skills into practise.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Hellogoodbye when they opened for the Aquabats. We threw change at them. And instead of a pit we all sat down and played duck duck goose. Huge venue too.
Quote by urbanfox

My friend's band opened for JFAC here a few months ago, and he broke a string and had no spare, and none of the members of JFAC would help them out with a guitar or anything.

After the show, the bassist of my friend's band said to one of the members "good show man", and he laughed in his face and said "yeah", and walked away.
honestly, i think its a bit disrespectful to be booing a band or throw things at them.

too bad if you don't like their music, obviously enough people do to get them to the point where they are being paid to perform. at least have some respect for that.
Quote by urbanfox

Any videos of this?
Quote by PluckU
OH **** YOU says the computer, YOU MAY ONLY HAVE 1, READ IT, ONE AUDIO TRACK >:O I then i got pissed off and through my tuner against a wall
MCR at download 2007. those bitches got bottled.
..but then we went over to suicidal tendencies, so that was cool
WONGA!
Quote by StringAssassin
I would be angry too if there were turds on my head.
abigail williams got quite a bit of **** from the dumbass hardcore kids when i saw them opening for all shall perish.
Go Veg.
Back in 03 I saw Metallica play with Lost Prophets supporting. They were booed off and had stuff throw at them until they left calling the crowd 'faggots'. In fairness, someone threw a rock through the bass drum which put a pretty quick halt to their playing.
Quote by daytripper75
honestly, i think its a bit disrespectful to be booing a band or throw things at them.

too bad if you don't like their music, obviously enough people do to get them to the point where they are being paid to perform. at least have some respect for that.

This. None of you are young enough to be stupid little junior high students, so grow the **** up.
Quote by guitar-godfrey
when i grow up i wanna have blackandsilver's babies!

Quote by angusfan16

Quote by Scowmoo
HOLY HELL.

nice discovery, sir.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last edited by coryklok : Today at 01:10 PM.
There was a Hiphop and Metal show... but it was basically only metal people that showed up.

So the hip hop artists got booed.
Quote by daytripper75

agreed with everything you said.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by Portuguese_boy
I actually felt sad for them...

I feel a little sorry for Nickelback too. Not because they had stuff chucked at them, just because.
If I'm paying to see a band, I'll react how I want. I'm paying them.

Obviously not physically attack them. But I'll boo all I want.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Quote by Glimsom
If I'm paying to see a band, I'll react how I want. I'm paying them.

Obviously not physically attack them. But I'll boo all I want.

Why would you pay to see a band just to boo them?
Quote by Cyberbob
Why would you pay to see a band just to boo them?

If they were a supporting act, and also crap, I would. =P

Or if they were a band I liked and just put on a pathetic show.
Jackson KVX10
Epiphone EB-3

Bugera 6260
Laney Supergroup Mk 1
Marshall VS100RH
Laney LX412A

Bad Monkey
Crybaby
Metal Muff
Fish N Chips
Chris Cornell supporting Aerosmith because he just kept playing and everyone eventually just got very impatient and started booing and chanting Aerosmith.
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

Was waiting for ages for the penis.

Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm in ireland, we're neutral, we won't fight unless its for a day off or alcohol

Nihilism doesn't exist...
when I saw Satriani back in october, people boo'ed the bassist when he did his solo. That really upset me because I thought he was really good and I had always though satch fans were much classier than that
Founder of the "Foundation to replace Jacob's stolen phone foundation of America" PM me to contribute to this noble cause, no donation is too small, or large for that matter
Lethal Bizzle got a load of sh*t at Download last year. Dude dealt really well with it, and ended up playing 10 minutes longer than he was meant to. Won pretty much everyone over.
Quote by jacobs
when I saw Satriani back in october, people boo'ed the bassist when he did his solo. That really upset me because I thought he was really good and I had always though satch fans were much classier than that

Same. I was like "Wtf are you doing? 0.o".
SPORTING CLUBE DE PORTUGAL

"And the earth died screaming as I lay dreaming"
Quote by MightyAl
I feel a little sorry for Nickelback too. Not because they had stuff chucked at them, just because.

Meh, don't feel sorry, they do piss money don't they?
At a rchp concert, they had Micky Avalon as a supporting act. Literally everyone was booing at him
~And the raindrops in the cars

Keep on falling from off the bars

Blocking out a good song

Playing on the radio~
Friend of mine went to a slipknot concert, and coheed and cambria played before. He said they were booed pretty badly.
Quote by Portuguese_boy
Meh, don't feel sorry, they do piss money don't they?

True, but they have this delusion that they make good music so I can see where this would hurt them.

also

Friend of mine went to a slipknot concert, and coheed and cambria played before. He said they were booed pretty badly.

That should be reversed.
Page 1 of 4