Hey, Im customizing my RR3 and changed the Jackson floyd rose out with an original low pro floyd rose. Only problem, The mounting studs on the front are weird, is it supposed to anchor the top of the floyd down? I have the springs on the back, but the mounting studs seem like they serve no purpose?

Could someone please answer this!!!!!!
THANKS!!
-Joe
myspace.com/remnantsofwinter
yeah lol of course they do, otherwise it would be pulled really far back and the bridge would fly around.
Smart Pothead and Proud
I think low pro floyd roses are a different shape to the standard ones.

The tremolo should pivot on the studs. If it's pivoting on the wood, that means you will have to do some routing to the tremolo cavity.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
the OFR fits, I don't know about the FR Pro. do they have the same dimensions?
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Ok guys im probably a retard BUT : i just bought a esp-ltd KH 202 and everythings perfect other than the floyd. the screws on the floyd kept breaking (this means : they would wear off just at the point when i tightened them- the whole and shape for the alen wrench would just **** up and become round AND the locking nut especially at the E and A string keeps doing the same--- the whole where the screw and the metal piece go would just wear out when i tightened it !!! i didnt over do it im sure because otherwise it didnt hold te string at all !! and the shaft would just rub all of the rims inside out.) ive replaced screws and nuts alot and since its not a real floyd rose just a korean licenced under floyd rose pats. then its not something very special...what can i do about this? i want to be able to :1 change strings or tune and lock again wihtout my screws or nut ****ing up and 2 although i never use it i want to be able to drop the strings like a billion octaves down and up without untuning.... what should i do? i cant really buy a real floyd (cash)...is there a specific material i should use? how can i spot what material its from? is there anything cheaper than a real floyd that sells good pieces? i thought of kahler....thx
Just buy some good quality screws. Try ones made from titanium.

You can actually buy most of the parts for OFRs individually, and they're not that expensive.
A metal band?
Gear:
A Guitar with an LFR > Korg Pitchblack > Behringer EQ > Hardwire CM-2 Overdrive Boss SD-1 > Hardwire CR-7 Chorus>
Orange Tiny Terror >
LzR Engineering 212 cab

My other amp can run Crysis
Quote by oneblackened
the OFR fits, I don't know about the FR Pro. do they have the same dimensions?

The OFR fits sometimes. I have a Jackson and it sure as hell didn't fit, I had to dowel up the trem studs and redrill...

I don't know about the RR3 though, maybe they updated their liscensed floyd.
Quote by robidone
Ok guys im probably a retard BUT : i just bought a esp-ltd KH 202 and everythings perfect other than the floyd. the screws on the floyd kept breaking (this means : they would wear off just at the point when i tightened them- the whole and shape for the alen wrench would just **** up and become round AND the locking nut especially at the E and A string keeps doing the same--- the whole where the screw and the metal piece go would just wear out when i tightened it !!! i didnt over do it im sure because otherwise it didnt hold te string at all !! and the shaft would just rub all of the rims inside out.) ive replaced screws and nuts alot and since its not a real floyd rose just a korean licenced under floyd rose pats. then its not something very special...what can i do about this? i want to be able to :1 change strings or tune and lock again wihtout my screws or nut ****ing up and 2 although i never use it i want to be able to drop the strings like a billion octaves down and up without untuning.... what should i do? i cant really buy a real floyd (cash)...is there a specific material i should use? how can i spot what material its from? is there anything cheaper than a real floyd that sells good pieces? i thought of kahler....thx

1.make a new thread.

when you do:

2. seperate your questions into bite-sized chunks. It's taken me less time to write this reply than it will to read your post.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by robidone

Use the correct wrench, and don't tighten them so hard.
Quote by remnantsofwinte
Hey, Im customizing my RR3 and changed the Jackson floyd rose out with an original low pro floyd rose. Only problem, The mounting studs on the front are weird, is it supposed to anchor the top of the floyd down? I have the springs on the back, but the mounting studs seem like they serve no purpose?

Could someone please answer this!!!!!!

What? Are you asking if the posts serve any purpose?

I cannot take this question seriously.