http://richmond.craigslist.org/msg/1072459456.html

I am considering buying it from this person but he doesn't know anything about it because he received it as a gift.

I wanted to know if:

#1 Good price
#2 Is the neck a Wizard. The guy doesn't know he says the model just says "Ibanez RG Series" The reason why I wanted this specific type of neck is I have small hands.
#3 Anything else I should be cautious or ask questions about?

I'm wanting to learn the guitar so don't be too harsh on me.

Thanks.
Last edited by casvdry at Mar 28, 2009,
Very low end Ibanez,you'd be better off avoiding that and spending the extra money for something like an RG321 if you want an Ibanez RG.

WARNING!: THIS USER HAS BEEN KNOWN TO BE AN OPINIONATED ASS. ALWAYS USE CAUTION WHEN READING POSTS AND NEVER USE NEAR AN OPEN FLAME.USE ONLY AS DIRECTED.KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.

Quote by Pr0gNut
Very low end Ibanez,you'd be better off avoiding that and spending the extra money for something like an RG321 if you want an Ibanez RG.

Correct.

Spend that money on afformentioned guitar.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by casvdry

Well, I think the paint's ugly, but that's just my preference.

If the guitar's in good shape, it'll be okay, though you won't spend too much more on a new one. The thing with E-bay is that if you're not buying from a reliable source or someone you know, you're taking a big chance in getting shatty gear. There's always a huge gamble involved in not being able to put your hands on an instrument and play before you buy.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Well, I can't play anyway So no problem there right?

So then, maybe you guys can still help me out. The tip of my middle down to the bottom of the base of my palm is 7 inches. I have smaller hands which I know a lot of people will say isn't a problem if you hold it right. But with my last guitar I seemed to have problems with reaching across the neck to play notes.

I sold that guitar and about a year and a half later I again have the desire to learn to play. This time I want to do it right so I'm calling on you guys who no doubt know tons about choosing a guitar. I'm worry that any local guitar place will be overpriced and out to get me to purchase the most expensive guitar.

So my research has shown me that the Wizard style necks are best for people with smaller hands. That is what has lead me to Ibanez guitars. Any more help you can provide in maintaining about a $200 price point is appreciated. Thank you!
Last edited by casvdry at Mar 28, 2009,
So you're saying the guitar posted on craigslist is an RG120?

I'm a little confused now. The posters above said not to go with that. I mean, can anyone else vouch or opine against it? Really needing some help because he'll end up selling it if I don't make a move sooner or later.
yeah i believe its the RG120. If you are beginner i guess its an alright guitar to get.
If you're into metal, consider the rgr321ex (or RG2EX2 if you are in america), its a great beginners metal guitar
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Go with RG321. The 120 isn't that good - it's just a step above a GRX, which is absolute beginner's kit garbage. The bridge is awful, and the hardware isn't that great. You'll be happier with the 321, IMO.

As far as hands, there are plenty of people with smaller hands (myself included) that do fine on thicker necks like a Les Paul or SG, a Fender Strat and the like. The longer you play, the more flexible your hand will become. Just takes time and practice. Also consider HOW you place your fret hand. For optimal reach, you should have your thumb pad against the middle back of the neck. This allows you to reach as far as you can at the moment. The more you do it, the more comfortable it'll become and the farther you'll be able to reach your fingers.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Mar 28, 2009,
if you want to get an ibanez with a floyd you want to buy a high end one because you will just end up selling the low end one in a few months because they seriously SUCK. as a beginner i would recommend you not get a floyd yet until you're really ****ing kicking ass on guitar because they are a real bitch when it comes to tuning and will make you sound rank.
the RG321 is nice.. my brother has one.. only problem is that the frets seem to wear away very fast.. the body is not that hard, kinda like a soft mahogany since the string ferrules sink into the body.. also the neck is not very stable.. it bends after some time.. well.. that's just his guitar.. a proper set-up would be very beneficial IMO.. hehe.. go get one if you want..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
No offence, but it seems like your putting waaaaaay to much influence on the neck. Honestly, dispite how big your hand is you should be able to play a guitar dispite neck thinkness. A guitars neck is more about comfort.

Sure you may have trouble but thats what practicing is for. For around 200 dollars I would reccommend a cheaper HARD TAILED RG if you want metal, maybe an epiphone G400 for classic rock to hard rock and Mexican Strat/Tele for bluesy or classic rock stuff.
American Strat:
Area 61 Neck, Area 67 Middle & Bridge
Spretzel Locking Tuners
Graphtech Nut & String Tree
Lots O' Love!

JSX + Orange Cab
Fender Blues Deluxe
Deluxe Memory Man
Fulltone Full Drive 2 & OCD
H2O Chorus/Echo