anyone tried one? how good is the moderate gain channel compared to other higher end amps.
Last edited by Fretbuzzer at Mar 28, 2009,
no..........
budget??
styles you play??
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
no..........
budget??
styles you play??

budget 500 pounds play all styles jazz to metal. i am interested because its only 20watts so i can crank without an attenuator in the studio.
its not a brutal amp by any means, just a raw-sounding rock amp
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Slap on OD in front of it to play t3h bR00talz.
It has a built in attenuator, actually, so you could even crank it in your bedroom if you wanted to.
Quote by BeethovensBust
It has a built in attenuator, actually, so you could even crank it in your bedroom if you wanted to.

so what does it go down to?
Quote by BeethovensBust

Actually it has a pwoer scale which is radically different. What they do is to "change" the actual watts of the amp. I have one in my 18watter and it works great. Unlike attenuators you get NO loss in dynamics for example!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by Gabel
Actually it has a pwoer scale which is radically different. What they do is to "change" the actual watts of the amp. I have one in my 18watter and it works great. Unlike attenuators you get NO loss in dynamics for example!

Oh.

Well, I guess that's better than an attenuator.
Quote by Gabel

so..are these power scales available to mod an existing amp? Could i put one on my marshall jcm?

also are there any disadvantages with power scales such as loss of gain?
Honestly its really overrated.

I would rather go with a blues junior or some old crate vintage club 15 or an AC15.

It dosent do either american or british tones that well, I just think it sounds really raunchy in a bad way.

I say go for a basic 15 watt amp, the egnater might have those features but they dont really live up to the hype IMO.
It is a great amp. throw an OD in front of hit and it can get into metal territory easily. if you're just doing stuff like BLS, then an OD may not even be necessary if you're using Active Pickups.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
its a 1 channel amp i believe
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by Fretbuzzer
so..are these power scales available to mod an existing amp? Could i put one on my marshall jcm?

also are there any disadvantages with power scales such as loss of gain?

They sure are! I have one in my 18watter. Works and sounds great.

www.londonpower.com

That's the original Power Scale (which is what most ampmakers use). I've ordered from them and they work great.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by THEKID546
Honestly its really overrated.

I would rather go with a blues junior or some old crate vintage club 15 or an AC15.

It dosent do either american or british tones that well, I just think it sounds really raunchy in a bad way.

I say go for a basic 15 watt amp, the egnater might have those features but they dont really live up to the hype IMO.

+1
it does classic rock/NwoBHM level gain with the gain dimed
it's not all that it's made out to be
Quote by guitardude34875
be the music, not the scene