Hi folks.
Last week, my bass teacher said i should sand down the nut to lower the end of the strings nearer the fretboard. I know exactly how i'm going to do it ie, loosen the strings enough so the nut falls off. I was told that it was usualy kept in place by the force of the strings. it is not. it it glued down how would i go about getting it off?
EDIT: sorry about the title..
EDIT2: i have already sorted out the action and truss rod, but the strings are still quite high off the fret board from frets 1-4

EDIT3:BASS what were you lot thinking about?
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Last edited by moody git at Mar 28, 2009,
go see a *name of the type of doctor that specializes in penises/testicles*

Why would he tell you to do that?
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
you cant make your nut fall off? ive got the same problem. thing is, i want my nuts to remain where they are.
you know, ive owned 8 different guitars over my lifetime, and right now i have 3. i wanna know what the hell happened...i mean the picks and cables are understandable, they disappear into thin air all the time, but guitars?

Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.