A few weeks ago, I learned in a thread you can record from an amps effects loops send straight to the recording interface, and it was possible to do this on standby, thus the preamp section would only be engaged, making the "silent recording" possible. I finally got around to trying this today, and no signal comes to the recording interface when on standby, but works fine when the amp is fully on.

I havent uploaded any cab simulators yet, so the sound was pretty sketchy, but it did work.

So my question is, is there any way i can still silent record while recording DI? I was told standby would work, because the power tubes would be inactive, but that was not the case.

Thoughts? If anyone needs me to restate any of the above, please ask.
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412
well, disconnecting the speaker is not an option (as you hopefully should know), i would say maybe, if you have an output in your recording interface that isnt being used, i would go from the FX loop send into the input of the interface, then the output of the interface into a pedal that has the level or something rolled all the way down, anything to silence the signal, then into the FX return. im sure theres something simpler, but you could try this
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
well, disconnecting the speaker is not an option (as you hopefully should know), i would say maybe, if you have an output in your recording interface that isnt being used, i would go from the FX loop send into the input of the interface, then the output of the interface into a pedal that has the level or something rolled all the way down, anything to silence the signal, then into the FX return. im sure theres something simpler, but you could try this

Yeah, I would defs not run it without a speaker load dont worry. I could try that, but i'm not sure which output i would use, there is the main outs, general purpose outs, and FX loops in/outs
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender American Tele

F/S:
Orange Rockerverb 50
Orange PPC412