I have a question about hard cases. I have a gig coming up on April 9th and I need to get a hard case for my V-shaped guitar. There's seems to be a problem with finding long enough cases; my guitar is 43" long, which seems to be a little longer than normal. The closest store only sold one type and it was too small. The guy there said most need to be custom order. Are there any sites that offer cases specifically designed for V- guitars?

Here's a pic if that helps:
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

GREATEST
PIC
OF
LIFE

you just won the thread. a round of applause is in order *fap fap fa......CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

TF2 Player?
i don't know about many sites for this or anything, but i would suggest that you try building one yourself, if you have the tools.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
I've seen them around, but I'm not sure where, just search around a little.
My Gear
Guitars
Cort VX-2V
Basses
Stagg BC300
Amps
Marshall JCM900 4100 DR
Marshall 1965A
Hartke HA3500 Combo
well if you just get a hardcase and see if you can take the "shape" inside the case out, you could make it to fit urs. That way you wills till have a strong hardcase. I don' think this should be to hard to make, and it's cheaper then custom order.

The "Re-incarnation of Plato" Award 2009
(most intelligent)
The "Good Samaritan" Award 2009 (most helpful)

[font="Palatino Linotype
Who's Andy Timmons??
i dont know how to help with your question, but i have one for you.

when you play that thing sitting down, does your leg go in the little slot comfortably?

ive always wondered that.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
On normal V's there isn't a slot it's just open, which I would prefer. I've been thinking of cutting that little notch on the bottom part so that I could do that.

Also, I could buy another type, but my main problem is the length. V's are huge guitars. I have done some searching though and found a model by the name of SKB-58. I can't find any specs for it.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

GREATEST
PIC
OF
LIFE

you just won the thread. a round of applause is in order *fap fap fa......CLAP CLAP CLAP CLAP*

TF2 Player?
Well, the thing about the coffin cases is...the talent show is at school, and I don't have a black metal image. I don't want to change that just yet. BTW, I'm playing Guns n Roses.
Quote by Lt. Shinysides

GREATEST
PIC
OF
LIFE

TF2 Player?
......honnestly........no one will care if your case is in the shape of a coffin. Most people would say thats cool.
Quote by King of King V
......honnestly........no one will care if your case is in the shape of a coffin. Most people would say thats cool.

+1

my friend had a coffin case custom made for him (not through the company, through a woodworker) and it looks just like a normal coffin case.

wanna know the catch? the guitar is an accoustic and he really only plays WITH HIS CHURCH.

no one will really care
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Coffin makes a very large generic case for odd shaped guitars. My DEAN ML Noir fits into it with room to spare. The kid I bought it off of used it for a Jackson V. The only other option I can think of is some type of V bass case

John