ok im looking for a metal guitar, and i am not spending over 500$ so i have numbered it down to a few possibilities:

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Ibanez-RG370DX-Electric-Guitar?sku=512368

http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/Laguna-LE524-Electric-Guitar?sku=515722

im leaning more toward the laguna because i like the color a lot and it seems to have great reviews.

type of music ill be playing is metallica, soundgarden, iron maiden , but i also need good cleans on it.
well, those guitars are probably made of ash or alder, which isnt metal.

you sure you want a metal guitar? it would be damn heavy, but if you insist, talk to a welder or metalworker of some sort.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148

you sure you want a metal guitar? it would be damn heavy, but if you insist, talk to a welder or metalworker of some sort.

.. You are the man.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

why thank you, may i sig?
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Quote by conor1148

icwutudidthar
it's all just coming back
it's all coming back

it's all coming back to me
I wouldn't go for the Ibanez if you are going to use the trem a lot. It goes out of tune really fast after one dip with the bar. Edge 3's aren't so good. My friend has one and he had to block it.

Look into a ESP/LTD. It seems you like superstrats so go for the M Series or MH Series. You'll at least get a decent trem, not great but decent.
i haven't even tried a Laguna (it seems to be made out of really uncommon woods) and i would simply say stay away from the ibanez unless you are swapping out the trem
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
1st, you should be removed from UG for saying you are "leaning towards the Laguna because of its color." Dumb thing to look at color.
2nd, I think you should get neither. Get this: http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/LSP-LTD-EC256-Electric-Guitar?sku=521009

It's a "metal guitar" and it doesn't look like a piece of ****.
But really, if you're set on those two, try them both out and decide based on that.
not a fan of schecter necks. too big imo.

and yes i like the super strat shape. so if you have any links to a super strat guitar made for "metal" then id take all ideas.

and no im not going to choose the guitar just because of its paint job, but that is a plus..
*ahem*

Guitar for playability.

Amp for tone.

In other words, don't buy a "metal" guitar because you think it will sound metal. Buy a guitar that plays well.
Quote by Chickenparts
*ahem*

Guitar for playability.

Amp for tone.

In other words, don't buy a "metal" guitar because you think it will sound metal. Buy a guitar that plays well.

well i already have a strat and tele. i wanted a guitar that can get heavy with humbuckers and a floyd rose.
Ah, well that makes sense then. I recommend Jackson or Schecter at that price. Youll never know though till you try some out.