My girlfriend and I are goin to a GNR tribute tonight at a bar within walking distance to my house. In a perfect world, we would be able to go to the show, get hammered and stagger back and crash at my house.

Of course, this isn't happening because of her parents. I am 18 and she is 19, I find it ridiculous that her parents see to treat her like a 13 year old.

The fact that we're dating is more of an incidental variable to the question I mean to ask...

How do you get someone timid like her to stand up to her parents ? I have pretty slack parents, so I've never had to really do anything drastic, does anyone have any experience to share ? How do you persuade someone to postively assert themselves to parental tyranny like this?
Last edited by Rising at Mar 28, 2009,
You kill them in the face?

Why did you ask the Pit? The Pit doesn't have girlfriends. Or parents.
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Quote by kaptink
She's 19? why not just move out?

She has barely any money and the restaurant she worked at closed down.
Quote by neopowell

haha

Considering sigging this.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Go to your house. Have her tell her parents that she's staying at another friend's house.

Then, you know, kill her parents.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Well, are her parents not letting her go to the concert? What exactly is it that her parents AREN'T letting her do?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Quote by neopowell

+1
Quote by IDon'tLoveYou
FINALLY!

THANK YOU!

Was waiting for ages for the penis.

Quote by guitar-guy01
i'm in ireland, we're neutral, we won't fight unless its for a day off or alcohol

Nihilism doesn't exist...
take a shovel to the back if her head
Then tell her parents she was attacked by some random
Then post pictures of you all taking advantage of her unconsious body.

Ohhhhhhhhhh!

Help you.......
Bands to see before I die:
Again:
Machine Head
Lamb Of God
JFAC
BTBAM
TesseracT
Pendulum

For the First time:
Periphery
Texures
Monuments
Mumford & Sons
The Prodigy
Paolo Nutini

CASTODIUM!!!
myspace.com/castodium
you went to the wrong place. the pit doesnt have a girlfriend.

fortuantly for you I have had a girlfriend...once, mulitiple times.

A)what you need to do is tell her what you told us. that she needs to talk to her parents.
B) you could get her piss drunk and make her made at you, send her home when you know her parents will bitch at her and then she will tell them off.
C) kill her parents and rape them infront of her.
There is a war going on for your mind.

If you are thinking, you are winning.

Resistance is victory.

We are building up a new world.
Do not sit idly by.
Quote by neopowell

Its not the point of girlfriends, Its parent over protection..

I know this guy, and last night he was out in my town (I was with him) and he was out half an hour after his care few; which is 9.30 .. and hes 16 ffs!

he should stand up to his parents but meh.. its still fun to laugh at..
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Quote by hendrixfreak93
Well, are her parents not letting her go to the concert? What exactly is it that her parents AREN'T letting her do?

They're not letting her sleep at my place.

so,

A) I can't drink
B) I can't get laid

Madness!
Quote by Rising

so,

A) I can't drink
B) I can't get laid

Madness!

So don't let them know she's sleeping at your place. LIE MUTHA FUCKAAA!
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Rising

so,

A) I can't drink
B) I can't get laid

Madness!

Cook up some story about her staying over at a friends house, then she can shimmy over to yours and you can get the action you crave.

Sparta!
Quote by ozzyismetal
Neopowell, that's because you are a pumped-up sex offender.
Quote by Kensai
You're exactly the kind of person who'd have sex in a bar drunk
Quote by Zero-Hartman
You're a terrible, terrible man. This is a new middle for you.

I write things. You can read them.Essay on UK student riots
Ah, I see. Damn. I think the only way out is to convince your girlfriend to rebel (which seems like it shouldn't be hard, but the fact that her parents are still treating her like a kid f*cks with the situation a bit). What would her parents do if she slept at your place anyway?
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
Quote by hendrixfreak93
Ah, I see. Damn. I think the only way out is to convince your girlfriend to rebel (which seems like it shouldn't be hard, but the fact that her parents are still treating her like a kid f*cks with the situation a bit). What would her parents do if she slept at your place anyway?

I suppose they'd just call her cell or my house number a million times in the night. They have church tomorrow morning, so I could see why they'd rage. Parent-rage is still a concern for her I suppose.

EDIT : I know she'd have to rebel, I just don't know how to put it into words that she hasn't heard a million times like... ''you're 19, for ****s sake''
Last edited by Rising at Mar 28, 2009,
Quote by Rising
I suppose they'd just call her cell or my house number a million times in the night. They have church tomorrow morning, so I could see why they'd rage. Parent-rage is still a concern for her I suppose.

Don't care about the rage she'll receive. Care about the hot sex you'll get tonight.
Follow me on Twitter
I guess you'll just have to lie then, or get her to lie. I can't think of another way :/
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
I'd just let it go this time. There's no point pissing them off, making it harder for you to stay together in the future.
Plus I don't want to read another 'My girlfriend's parents wont let us see each other' threads.
X
Quote by Tatakai!
I'd just let it go this time. There's no point pissing them off, making it harder for you to stay together in the future.
Plus I don't want to read another 'My girlfriend's parents wont let us see each other' threads.

Oh, you wouldn't.

If it got to that extreme, I would simply break it off. After all, guys my age are supposed to be dating women, not little girls.
Quote by Rising
Oh, you wouldn't.

If it got to that extreme, I would simply break it off. After all, guys my age are supposed to be dating women, not little girls.

Tell her that when you do break it off. It might make her realize that she needs to assert herself to her parents.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares