Poll: Guitar?
Poll Options
View poll results: Guitar?
Jackson
8 44%
Ibanez
10 56%
Voters: 18.
Ok, Im stuck between a J model of the Jackson RR and the Ibanez S520EX. I play metal, but I am going to tune it to E standard. I probaly will go with the RR because of the varying radius, but then the Ibanez has the mahogany body...

RR
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Rhoads-Body&page=1&product=2913024858

Click "Spec Sheet"

S
http://www.ibanez.co.jp/world/country/frame_austria.html
Last edited by Soldier_42 at Mar 28, 2009,
I have an Ibanez S520EX and I can say that it is an absolutely amazing guitar. You will not regret getting one.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
rotten links; fix'em

EDIT: the jackson
You like it
Last edited by linus.d at Mar 28, 2009,
since you misspelled new and said mew, are we going to see metaldud in here?
Quote by Spoony_Bard
I hate that...actually I just hate anyone under the age of 16

Quote by RockGuitar92
Just get it cut a little. It will grow back. Besides why is it so important to look metal? That's just retarded.

Gear in profile
I prefer Jacksons over Ibanezes but the RR24 has only got 1 pickup which is a big letdown IMO so I'd say go for a used SZ prestige or the S you mentioned.
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
I'd go with the RR24 if you're looking for a shred guitar, but the S520EX seems to be more versatile.
And what level would this guitar be at?
Above post may or may not be true.
Quote by Soldier_42
Level?

Low, Midrange, High End...
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Quote by tweeb
I prefer Jacksons over Ibanezes but the RR24 has only got 1 pickup which is a big letdown IMO so I'd say go for a used SZ prestige or the S you mentioned.

I know
There should be a good 81/60 EMG set on there and two volume and two tone controls
For the pickups, I want a kinda Mid to high. But with the alder body of the RR, that will be easier.
I choose the RR24, however the one pickup honestly puts me off it. Thus, if I had the money, I would look into an ESP Edwards SV, import it from Japan, ends up around $2000, but it has everything I would want. 2 pickups, vol, tone, 24 frets, ofr.
Quote by SonOfSanguinus
I believe in the "personal opinion" school of thought, I doubt you've heard of it. Now, go waste your time on something that doesn't annoy me

---

Female guitarist
You want to check my profile. Do it.

Flickr
You know what, i would prefer an RR5. One humbucker looks weird to me, and im assuming you cant get that range of tones with a single hummy
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something