Okay in last months musiciansfriend mag. they had the Jackson RR3 for $650. I got Aprils issue today and the same guitar is now $950. Is there any hope in it dropping back down? I had just about saved up for one, but now I gotta save more.
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
Probably not, at least not for a while.

A whole lot of guitar companies are starting to charge more for their guitars.
"Notes are expensive, spend them wisely." - B.B. King
Well catalog's/magazine's are a horrible source for prices. Check their website.
Quote by breakdown123
Is there such a thing as a heavy riff with out chugging on the e string?
Quote by CLIFF_BURTON
Well catalog's/magazine's are a horrible source for prices. Check their website.

I just got done doing that actually, they don't even have it listed anymore
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
definately not, unless demand for their guitars goes up or tariffs and other import charges go down.

I watched the ibanez rgr321ex go from £189 to £256 in a day! And it doesnt seem to be dropping back anytime soon
Quote by hell_monkey
Lmao pantera? you'd think obama listened to some tupac or something
Quote by v0odoo_child001
if you think that sucks look at the fender line...and i thought gibson was bad.

Yeah I was really disappointed in Fender. I was considering an American Standard strat and a MIM Tele this year but because of the increase in price I will probably buy a MIJ guitar.

People are having a hard enough time paying for guitars I think the recent price hikes were really a bad move at a bad time.

Just more and more reason to find used gear, which is fine with me
♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪♪
haha i know what you mean, luckily for me, i bought my Ibanez RG2550Z-GW for £650 for xmas, and literally DAYS later the price rose to £899!!! I just checked again and its not going for about £1060!! haha GET IN
Quote by thefrigginbob
Yeah I was really disappointed in Fender. I was considering an American Standard strat and a MIM Tele this year but because of the increase in price I will probably buy a MIJ guitar.

People are having a hard enough time paying for guitars I think the recent price hikes were really a bad move at a bad time.

Just more and more reason to find used gear, which is fine with me

I have an american Deluxe strat that I paid $1200 for. It feels better than any Gibson or PRS i've ever played. I probably wouldn't buy it at $1600 but I think it's worth it compared to what other companies charge.

Quote by ~*Tutty*~
haha i know what you mean, luckily for me, i bought my Ibanez RG2550Z-GW for £650 for xmas, and literally DAYS later the price rose to £899!!! I just checked again and its not going for about £1060!! haha GET IN

I got mine when it was $1000. But I got it for $800 with a 20% off coupon. I wouldn't mind paying full price for it since the guitar is amazing.
You people are talking as if the companies just decided to raise prices on a whim.

They had raise their prices. The cost of the core materials for making guitars, everything from wood too even basic tin, has roughly tripled in price. you expect the manufacturers to pay three times more to make the guitar and the sale price to stay the same?
Brands are having to spend much more to make each guitar, so when they sell on to their distributor, they sell for a higher cost. The distributor is also feeling the crunch so they've got to then charge more to each shop that buys in each guitar. Then of course the shops are also suffering as they're having to spend more to get guitars in, but the guitars aren't shifting off the shelves and out the warehouses fast enough. So the shops are having to charge more per guitar too. They raise their markup percentage, that percentage raise stacks on top of the distributor's markup, and you end up with the 15-22% price increase that we're all having to pay now.

Bear in mind this is actually how the prices should be. The problem is y'all have gotten too used to the low prices caused by a falsely strong economy.

You want the prices to drop back to how they were? Then you have to start spending your money and buying guitars at the full prices now otherwise nobody can afford to drop the prices in the future.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
I'll bet employee benefits didn't go up 15 to 22%.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
^ I agree 100% with what your saying Mr Flibble it's the truth and we do just have to get uset to it but I couldn't help being reminded of the latest south park where kyle pretty much says exactly what you got said but obvious not about guitars lol =p
Member of the Jackson RR24 Owners club!

Esp Eclipse II Snow white
Fender American Standard Stratocaster
Ibanez RGA-8
Jackson RR24 Black w/yellow bevels, Limited 1/75
Yamaha FG-400A
I agree with the companies needing to charge more because of higher production costs.
Yet it still shocks me! The Ibanez RG1570 was $800 and now it is $1000. The Squier SE strat pack was $200 but now is $230! Now it makes me happy with my Squier strat.