If you were going to buy a guitar from Guitar Center, do you buy the one that's on the floor, or do you ask for one from the back? What have you guys done, and has there been any special reason why?
Ask for a new one from the back...most of the time they won't ask you so you have to ask them. Some of the floor modles have been used and abused =]
If you like the one on the floor take hte one on the floor. THe one in the bakc may not be set up at all and have problems they dont know about
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
Yeah i's just check the one on the floor for dings and scratches and if its good then i'd take that one...that is the one you played after all and guitars vary even within the same model
My G-400 is a floor model and has minor dents and scratches but works fine.
Quote by Kumanji
How about you don't insult my friend's dead mum, you prick.

Quote by JDawg
Too be he had to be a dick about his crayons.
Check this thread, post #6 at the bottom in capital letters.
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=365675
Quote by Gunpowder
C'mon, man. We're just kidding. We all know that drummers are important.

After all, without drummers, who would bag my groceries?

(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Put him in your signature and help
(")_(") him on his way to world domination.
I test them out at GC, then I go home and buy them online so I don't have to pay tax. It saves a lot of money. But floor models have been used so much that they should sell them as used guitars. I also set up my own guitars so that doesn't really matter to me. Honestly, you never know though. The one on the floor could be terrible compared to the one in the box and vice versa.
Quote by kingofdudes161
If you like the one on the floor take hte one on the floor. THe one in the bakc may not be set up at all and have problems they dont know about

if it has problems then take it back and explain, or test everything out before you leave. they are ok with it if you take it back and tell them whats wrong with it most often than not. id rather have a guitar that i know nobody has touched but me
When i die, i wanna be burried upside down...so that anybody who doesnt like me can kiss my ass.

marilize leguana!
try several of the same model if at all possible. if one stands out head and shoulders above the rest, take that one. if they all sound and play the same, ask for one from the back, try it to make sure it's the same as the wall ones, and if it is, you might as well take it as kids won't have been messing about with it.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i ALWAYS get mine from the back if i buy from GC although i make them open it up so i can check the guitar for scratches, dents and dings, that may have occured during initial shipping from the factory or warehouse. then I SET UP the guitar. i trust myself more than some dim wit who works at GC. sometimes they're dumber than a 1st grader
Dean Vendetta XM Custom Build
Guitar - Ebay 20/20
Pickups - GFS H/O Hex 40/40
Tuners - Sperzel locking 59.99/59.99
Bridge- Tone Pros - 89/89

the plan. take a 20 dollar guitar and make it sound decent

COMPLETE!! PICS SOON!!
Quote by 6 STRING NOOB
i ALWAYS get mine from the back if i buy from GC although i make them open it up so i can check the guitar for scratches, dents and dings, that may have occured during initial shipping from the factory or warehouse. then I SET UP the guitar. i trust myself more than some dim wit who works at GC. sometimes they're dumber than a 1st grader

I wouldn't trust anyone besides me with a screwdriver anywhere near my brand new finish.