Page 1 of 2
I went to the Almighty "Gear Thread" page to check out any Bogner threads to perpetuate Bogner-ish topics about... Bogner.

To my surprise, there wasn't one!

So here it is. I assume that everyone would know the topic (Reinhold's magic, of course).

So here's the lowdown:

Metropolis- Suited more towards jazzy and bluesy styles of music. Has a unique "Schizo" knob that changes up the tone.

Duende- Vintage rock tone, and lots of it. Cleans like Fender, crunch like Marshall Plexis. I have a 30 watt head, and it can do metal (up to around Megadeth style gain) with an OD. Can do hard rock very well.

Shiva- I've never tried it, but from what I hear, it has amazing cleans and can do some hard rock along the lines of Van Halen.

Uberschall- Total nuclear meltdown of high gain. It could eat your mother. Nuff said.

Ecstacy- Like the Shiva, I've never played it. But it costs a ton, so it bette sound good.

Alchemist- Line 6's newest... er, Bogner's attempt to make a low priced amplifier. It is actually pretty nice for the cost, and is somehow able to capture a Bogner-ish tone.

So, DISCUSS!
Last edited by BeethovensBust at Mar 29, 2009,
Someday, I hope to become a member of this club.

I can say that the Shiva has amazing cleans as you pointed out (very Fender-esque) but it's gain is enough for thrash and alternative metal. After all, Jerry Cantrell uses one live.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by shadow__666
Someday, I hope to become a member of this club.

I can say that the Shiva has amazing cleans as you pointed out (very Fender-esque) but it's gain is enough for thrash and alternative metal. After all, Jerry Cantrell uses one live.

I wish I could have gotten a Shiva, but I snagged the Duende for $1200 at a blowout sale. It had a tear in the tolex, but I think it was worth it.
Everytime I play the Alchemist I like it for it is. Both head/cab and combo. Features, like built in delay effects and 20-40w switchable, are nice. Not sure if it is worth the price. $1200+

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Search/Default.aspx?src=alchemist&Search.x=17&Search.y=11
Quote by Fretbuzzer
i had an uberschall. it was too honky for me (not in a racist way, it had a weird honk)

im sensing a lie here.............
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1095621
if you had an Uberschall then you 'll have more than 500 punds for a new amp if you sell it...........
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
the XTC is a seriously addictive amp, I have a 101B, and it's pure secks. Fender like cleans depending how you dial it on the green, just about any classic crunch to hot rodded Marshall on the blue, and a big thick chunky sounding high gain red channel. The Red is chewy and crunchy, with tons of gain. It makes leads just sing, probably one of if not "the" best lead amp I've ever played. Just enough compression to make notes sing and make you feel like you are cheating when you play, but still retains the dynamics of the tone. Think AIC's Dirt for the red channel. It has that crazy signature Bogner growl and crunch in the midrange that just seperates and blooms. It really sounds like more than one amp when you hit a big chord and let it ring out. Every time I hear that album, I want to go home and play it, lol. I don't even play a lot of what the amp was designed for, but it's so good sounding, I can't let go of it.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
the XTC is a seriously addictive amp, I have a 101B, and it's pure secks. Fender like cleans depending how you dial it on the green, just about any classic crunch to hot rodded Marshall on the blue, and a big thick chunky sounding high gain red channel. The Red is chewy and crunchy, with tons of gain. It makes leads just sing, probably one of if not "the" best lead amp I've ever played. Just enough compression to make notes sing and make you feel like you are cheating when you play, but still retains the dynamics of the tone. Think AIC's Dirt for the red channel. It has that crazy signature Bogner growl and crunch in the midrange that just seperates and blooms. It really sounds like more than one amp when you hit a big chord and let it ring out. Every time I hear that album, I want to go home and play it, lol. I don't even play a lot of what the amp was designed for, but it's so good sounding, I can't let go of it.

Yeah, I wish I could afford an Ecstasy.
I want an Uberschall.

I want one more than a 6505 or a Dual Recto.

They should make a combo Uberschall.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
I want an Uberschall.

I want one more than a 6505 or a Dual Recto.

They should make a combo Uberschall.

Unfortunately an Uberschall combo would cost more than either of those.
Unless...
They make a lower wattage Uberschall! Do it, Reinhold.
How many watts is a Uberschall?

Cos isnt the 6505 combo less watts than the 6505 head?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by EndTheRapture51
How many watts is a Uberschall?

Cos isnt the 6505 combo less watts than the 6505 head?

The Uberschall is 100W, I think.

And yes, the Peavey 6505 combo is 60W vs. the 120W head.
A 50W Uberschall would be awesome...combo mmm

It would actually be the best amp ever.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
A 50W Uberschall would be awesome...combo mmm

It would actually be the best amp ever.

It wouldn't be cheap, though.

Just like I thought that the Diezel Schmidt, a 15 watt class A head, would be cheap.
It was really $4000.
I'm really wanting an Uberschall, but i don't really see that happening any time in the near future, so it's going to be a Alchemist for me
John Frusciante
Slash
Jeff Beck
Matt Bellamy
Jack White

HT-5 Owners Thread

Owner of an 1/4 watt custom combo.

Quote by Garou1911
^This man speaks the language of win.

Donate to my cause
Quote by BeethovensBust
Yeah, I wish I could afford an Ecstasy.

well, I wouldn't buy new, these amps are built like tanks. I've seen the wheat cloth ones as low as $1800 used in the last few months.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
well, I wouldn't buy new, these amps are built like tanks. I've seen the wheat cloth ones as low as $1800 used in the last few months.

Interesting. Then wouldn't the Uberschall be able to go for less than that?
I want a Shiva so bad. My dream rig would have 2 Marshall Majors (one for cleans, one for pedals) and a Shiva (for gain) all in stereo.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
spent about an hour on a alchemist today and i was very impressed. nice tone at beroom levels a ton of tonal options very nice rig. hope to have one parked here in the next week or two. a/b it side by side with a mesa 5:50 both nice amps tough decision.
I liked the Alchemist a lot when i tried it, is there a Bogner wich is just the Alchemist's clean/crunch channel?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by hendriko
I liked the Alchemist a lot when i tried it, is there a Bogner wich is just the Alchemist's clean/crunch channel?

Nope, not to my knowledge. But a Vox might be what you are looking for.
tbh, the clean/crunch channel reminded me a lot of Fender cleans/crunch...the vox ac30 handwired was wayy different (i tried that the same day)

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
The uberschall is a mean amp it killed rhythm guitarist.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by kckyle
pGibson SG standard. Gibson Les paul classic
Fender 57 Reissued Strat
Mesa boogie Dual Rectifier+ marshall 1960a cab
Hughes Kettner switchblade+ 2x12 avatar v30
Marshall 30th anniversary
line 6 pod x3. logic express

Yep, you poor little poor person.

EDIT: Unless it was meant to be sarcastic. In that case,
Last edited by BeethovensBust at Apr 1, 2009,
Quote by BeethovensBust
Yep, you poor little poor person.

EDIT: Unless it was meant to be sarcastic. In that case,

lol
BUMP

..anyways, I had the luxury of playing the Alchemist at GC last weekend. I had spent a bit of time with it previous to this, but really sat down to play one over the weekend.

OMG. It was great. The effects felt a bit digital, but otherwise the amp as a whole was wonderful. The cleans were good, the crunch was good, the high gain was good... It just felt great. Barring the whole China and Line 6 issue, it seems like a great amp.

Any other opinions?
just bought one at $1099 i sat down i was blown away. put out of your mind the name just play it.
My local store is selling a brand new Bogner Alchemist 212 combo for 725 USD. Good deal or not? I'm also thinking about the Line 6 HD147 (same price) and the Flextone III plus which is going for $410.

I tried out the Bogner for a while and I loved it. I could get blues, crunch and high-gain metal out of this really easily.
Fender 1996 Floyd Rose Standard Stratocaster
Epiphone SG G-400

Laney TT50-112

Ibanez Weeping Demon
Marshall RG-1 Regenerator
Electro-Harmonix/Sovtek (Black) Big Muff Pi

Visit my site for some FREE RE-AMPING! http://www.wix.com/reamps/reamp
I have an alchemist 1X12 but i wanna get the uberschall one day and trade in my alchemist for a discount on that expensive mofo
Eh.
Quote by HellBoy9393
My local store is selling a brand new Bogner Alchemist 212 combo for 725 USD. Good deal or not? I'm also thinking about the Line 6 HD147 (same price) and the Flextone III plus which is going for $410.

I tried out the Bogner for a while and I loved it. I could get blues, crunch and high-gain metal out of this really easily.

Get the Bogner. I've played one extensively (the bass player in my band owns one) and I used to own a Flextone. No comparison, at all. The Alchemist is well worth that price.

Dead thread is... not dead?

Anyways, I no longer own my Bogner Duende. Twas a nice amp, though.

Have any of you guys checked out the new line of custom shop Bogners that debuted at NAMM? The Goldfinger sounds amazing, as well as the Brixton and the New Yorker.
i just got an Alchemist head, and im running it into a Line 6 4x12, great tone really ballsy. but no matter what i do, it wont stop hissing, every channel has it, and ive tried switching outlets. what should i do?
I hope to have an Uberschall in the near future I nearly almost bought one over my 6505+ but it was either the 6505+ and cab or Uberschall and no cab. About 2 weeks later I got my Engl cab for a steal. Can you guess if I had my choice again what I would have taken? but I love my Peavey she's one killer amp
you know i had planned on test driving a bunch of different amps since i had some cash to spend this year on a serious amp. i was looking more in the lower wattage class a range, so i could get more breakup from the power tubes vs the preamp tubes without blowing the rest of the band through the wall along with my hearing. i had played a few of the lunchbox style amps, the dark terror, tubemeister 18, and i forget what diamonds 18 watter is called, the assassin maybe? but i plugged into an Uberschall -blue revision with the el-34's and i was sold. the only soft spot in this monsters game was the clean channel, but with a couple pedals in the loop, it shapes up real nice. anyway, i bought a ts808 to help dial in my tone a little more, ive only owned this for about 2 weeks and its at my practice space so i dont get to dedicate the time id like to dialing it in. any veteran uber owners out there have any tips or tricks for a new owner? thanks much!
This thread needs moar pics.

^The usual high gainer tips apply. Run the TS at minimum gain and unity volume, scoop the mids out on the amp until it's not nasally, turn the bass control until it's full sounding and the treble/presence until you get a nice balance of clarity and lack of fizz.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
y u have 2 of the same bogner?
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
Page 1 of 2