someone wants to trade me their 75w Spider 3 1x12 series for my 150W Spider II 2x12 series, the Spider 3 comes with the expression pedal and mine has just a foot switch, i never played a Spider 3 and i already know most people dont dig it.

i dont need 150watts as i dont play in a band so 75W is more than enough for me.

what do you think?
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Please don't. Sell or trade the Spider for something else.
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
sell the spider and get a real amp

/thread
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
^that
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
sell the spider and get a real amp

/thread

i like me amp really, i dont nor will i ever play in a band all i wanted to know was is the 3 series similar to the 2 series, most people dont like the amp cause they cant tweak it.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
^sell it and get a used line 6 flextone, the next step up from the spider; youll be glad you did
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Spider IIs > Spider IIIs.

However this is similar to saying a Fiat Punto > Ford KA, they're both never going to be amazing cars tbh.
Flextone. Your ears will know the difference.
Call me Cam
Quote by DirtyMakik
I'm Han Solo, Splamron's Greedo.

Han shot first. Greedo's dead.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
^sell it and get a used line 6 flextone, the next step up from the spider; youll be glad you did

trust me i know where everyone is coming from but i play guitar for fun and in my 15years of playing i cant justify a spending loads on a amp that will never leave the corner of the room.

i also have the offer of a Fender Deluxe 85, i never heard one.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
I have a spider 2 75 watt. I would also throw in my epiphone 25 watt and a digitech hot head distortion pedal.
Quote by aces25
I have a spider 2 75 watt. I would also throw in my epiphone 25 watt and a digitech hot head distortion pedal.

PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
let me clairify what im doing, im trading my amp on craigslist, the amp is to big and too loud for me, i wanted something smaller but something that also have on board effects as i dont have a effects unit.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
^you dont understand, the flextone is a great bedroom amp. anyways, your being contradictory here, your saying you dont need anything unnecessary, yet you have a 150 watt spider? sell it for like 300-400 dollahs and get yourself a flextone. this will be more effecient and will sound better

EDIT: the flextone has effects just like the spider, in fact even more effects
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
Last edited by nutinpwnsgibson at Mar 28, 2009,
Well 150w - 75w isn't much of a step down in terms of decibels. Half the wattage, but no half the volume. Not much quieter at all.
When I was younger I had a 150 watt spider 2 (sold it to my friend) and we still play it at his house. He owns a 5150 now but still uses it as a practice amp. Because you can turn the 150 watt spider down to almost nothing and it still has the same tone. Solid state amps sound good turned down. I'm not sure why you are having problems turning it down because I never did. That was the only thing it was good for.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
^you dont understand, the flextone is a great bedroom amp. anyways, your being contradictory here, your saying you dont need anything unnecessary, yet you have a 150 watt spider? sell it for like 300-400 dollahs and get yourself a flextone. this will be more effecient and will sound better

EDIT: the flextone has effects just like the spider, in fact even more effects

i bought the Spider 2 for 200.00 brand new out the box at guitar center years ago, you wouldnt pass it up either if you needed a amp on the fly like i did, i learned to like the amp for what it is, i could sell it but everyone is poor
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Well, seeing as you said you DON'T play in a band.... you probably DON'T need a "real" amp that you can tweak and adjust. I own a spider 3 30 watt, and they pack plenty of power, and are very versatile and convenient for a guitarist looking to get the most out of a small package. Most of the effects and settings that you're going to need for most songs are built in, so you can adjust the effects to suit whatever your needs are. As for the expression pedal that you were talking about, which I'm assuming is the Line 6 FBV Pedal, It's nice for switching between channels and quick and easy tuning. The only downside is that the wah pedal is a little weak sounding.

Overall, I would say that it's probably a fair trade. You're getting a newer, more up-to-date amp with a better pedal, for the sacrifice of a few decibels. But, you said that you don't need that much power, so i say go for it!
was just offered a Fender Princeton Chorus 2x10 for it, still dont know what im doing with it.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
your spider II is better than the III

dunno about the fender
Gear's : Peavey Vypyr 60 Tube | MicroCube | Noisy Cricket | Ibanez S470DXQM Blue Burst | Takamine EG440C
Pedals : MXR M-108 EQ | Digitech Bad Monkey, Sanpera I, GFS Tuner

Seref : Cali would put a health warning on celery if they could
Funny thing is a majority of the people who say the amp sucks have never played one, let alone heard one, they just say it because they seen someone else say it.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
Quote by invision2212
i like me amp really, i dont nor will i ever play in a band all i wanted to know was is the 3 series similar to the 2 series, most people dont like the amp cause they cant tweak it.

I tried to tweak that POS for over a year... TWEAKING has nothing to do with low quality parts.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
You've been playing for 15 years TS? I would at least take a look at some of this stuff. I don't know your genres or budget but these were all posted in the last few days.

Peavey Bandit $125
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/1096770829.html

Peavey Classic 30 $425
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/1096399282.html

Vox AC15CC $450
http://boston.craigslist.org/nwb/msg/1093954611.html

Ampeg G-410 $350
http://boston.craigslist.org/nos/msg/1093907797.html

Line 6 Spider valve head $500 (needs cab)
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/1093619267.html

Line 6 Flextone II combo $175
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/1093244014.html

Traynor YCV40 $425
http://boston.craigslist.org/sob/msg/1091588401.html

Peavey Classic 30 $300
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/1089520519.html

Vox Valvetronix AD30VT-XL $150
http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/msg/1090418021.html

Quote by fender4482
Funny thing is a majority of the people who say the amp sucks have never played one, let alone heard one, they just say it because they seen someone else say it.

I don't think that's true. Most people here have either owned a spider as a beginner amp or played one. Or at least seen a show with a band using one. My first head was a spider 2. They make okay practice amps but these amps do not sound good playing with a band. Anyway you put it. Even the 150 watt sounds like crap turned up. I mean if it sounded good I'd say it but it doesn't.

Like I said I enjoyed playing the amp as a practice amp but now there are better. Such as the vypyr, cube, and a few more. I see no reason to ever own one of these things.
Get the Flextone, much better than the Spiders, it still has the On board effects too.
Rig
Fender 09 Standard Strat>Wilson Ten Spot II Wah>Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion>EHX Big Muff Pi>Boss CE-2 Chorus>Crate V32 Palomino 212
Fender Deluxe Active Jazz Bass>(Same Pedals)>AcousticB20

Quote by WtrPlyr
I'm with DeltaFunk
this is one of those threads
were kids look for advice and probably wont take it but... get a new amp dude!
and yes, i have a spyder now, and use it for

wait i dont use it at all.
SUBSCRIBE!

Gibson SG faded, black hardware/ EMG81-89
peavey 6505+
GMajor Effects Processor
BBE 362 sonic maximizer
THD Hotplate
Avatar 2x12 w/ Hellatone 60/ K100
Behringer FB1010
Quote by fender4482

funny thing is people who say this are full of sh1t. not to be harsh, but you serious? the spider bandwagon didnt start because of people that just wanted to say that it sucks, it started because people who had spent lots of time trying to find a sound couldnt find anything decent, so they expressed what they thought about the amp. not everybody who bashes it knows what theyr talking about, but theres a reason the bandwagon started...
periphery/bulb!

gear:

Quote by AsOneIStand
hmm its like trading a big old piece of poo for a smaller fresher piece.
Quote by nutinpwnsgibson
funny thing is people who say this are full of sh1t. not to be harsh, but you serious? the spider bandwagon didnt start because of people that just wanted to say that it sucks, it started because people who had spent lots of time trying to find a sound couldnt find anything decent, so they expressed what they thought about the amp. not everybody who bashes it knows what theyr talking about, but theres a reason the bandwagon started...

That.

Some ppl have been there, done that . I sold it on Craig's for $550, and burned the t-shirt... well, never got the t-shirt, but you get the picture. Would I know about the retarded Insane Red on the II's but not the III's that sounds like a crappy Octave Fuzz, or the extra features like holding buttons down and turning other ones up for distortion boost/noise gate/etc?

Sell it and get a Flextone.
PRS SE SC ♦ Dean Cadi ♦ Squier Strat ♦ Crate V5 ♦ AXL Akita AT30 ♦ Alhambra 4P ♦ Takamine f-349 ♦ Goodall KCJ
Boss ME-20 ♦ Monteallums modded TS9DX ♦ DOD Grunge ♦ #1Echo ♦
ha! you didnt actually believe you were going to get people yelling "no! no! keep your amp it's fantastic" or "yes! yes! swap, this 150watt sounds a beast!"

XD
Quote by SLonergan
I think the Raw Power guitars look like badly painted Easter Eggs.

Peter Green Jimi Hendrix Tom Morello Joe Bonamassa John Frusciante Eric Clapton Paul Gilbert B.B. King