So a week ago, I had re-tubed my amp, and I was in tone-land enjoying the wonderful things that re-tubing does for one's much loved amp.

Then, I started acquiring a number of different pedals, in order of how I have them in my signal chain: MXR Super Comp, Keeley modded Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive, Dunlop 535Q, and finally the BBE Sonic Stomp. I had a OneSpot laying around and it's accompanying daisy chain, so I hooked everything up, and things were going great, accept I noticed some funny "electric sizzling" at the pedal sockets when I was putting the daisy chain in each pedal...hmm...

I started to notice my tone was sort of...changing. It got weirder and weirder, and lots more buzzy than I remember, until one day ( yesterday to be exact ) I was playing and one of the un-used plugs in the OneSpot daisy chain literally caught my rug on fire. Like "dang that's a freaking fire, I better stomp that out before the house burns down" kind of fire. But before I knew the OneSpot was wack and the fire actually happened, it busted my amp in some obscure way: it won't recognize my guitar cords, and when I turn it on, it sort of buzzes, but not in an even way. It's louder at times than others, and it doesn't respond in any way whatsoever when I plug my cable into it. It just goes right along buzzing, as if I hadn't plugged in at all.

Obviously the speaker must still be working and attached ( I checked ) because the buzzing exists, gets louder when I turn up the amps volume, etc. To test the OneSpot to make sure it was the thing malfunctioning, I ran it into another amp hooked up to just the Sparkle Drive, and it made the amp buzz like a crazy thing EVEN WHEN IT WAS NOT PLUGGED INTO THE PEDAL!! The amp was physically near the socket that the OneSpot was plugged into, and even though the OneSpot wasn't plugged into the pedal, it made the amp buzz like mad. Then, when I unplugged the OneSpot from the wall, the buzzing stopped...

So, long story short, my amp is busted, my rug is burned, my power source is fried, and I'm not even sure if the pedals I have work right or not anymore....

What should I do? Is this a common occurrence? Me thinks I'll take the amp to a tech, buy a new power source, and check out all my pedals to make sure they work again?

What is a good, clean, reliable power source that I can use in the future without fear of it killing all my stuff again?? Also, do you guys thing the amp got fried by the power source somehow, or that I botched the tube install and screwed something up? It was only the second time I've retubed an amp, and the first time I'd retubed this particular one. It's a Peavey Triple XXX combo, for reference.

Please help dudes + dudets!
TL;DR
wat..............
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
I think it could possibly be the socket outlet your amp is plugged into, can you give us specific details, like is it plugged into an extension lead, the same plug socket as the PPS etc.

Have you tried moving the amp into a different room and tring a different socket?
I'll bet you anything you could contact the One-Spot company and have them pay for all the damages they caused.
Well I mean as long as it wasn't actually your fault and it was the thing malfunctioning.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by bartdevil_metal
I think it could possibly be the socket outlet your amp is plugged into, can you give us specific details, like is it plugged into an extension lead, the same plug socket as the PPS etc.

Have you tried moving the amp into a different room and tring a different socket?

I did try multiple sockets within the same room and got the same results, although I didn't try a new room.

Our house is under 15 years old and was wired by a professional electrician, so I highly doubt its the wiring, but you never know...
It's really hard to figure out how your 1-Spot could have killed your amp. Also it's hard to figure out how a spare outlet could of set your carpet on fire unless it was touching metal or the daisy chain cable had a short where it was laying on the carpet. There's simply no reason for any current to be flowing at the location of the spare plug. You must of had a short in the wiring. Maybe a critter was chewing on it.
Did you say you tried it on another amp? Why?

Is it possible the amp had a grounding problem?

What about a power surge? I'm not sure if a power conditioner would have helped. I'm not really sure what to say. Maybe you could have the area checked by a fireman or something to get a second opinion. Insurance Co will probably want to get opinions too.

PS: what Fly said.