Hey everyone I have a problem. Whenever I try to layer a voice track over a guitar track on audacity, they start out in sync with one another and then as the tracks progress one track always ends up being off time with the other and I know for a fact that I played and sang everything right on time with one another. Why is it doing this? How do I fix it?
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
I had a similar problem when I used Audacity. I'm pretty sure it's lag from the interface your using, and I'm not aware of anyway to compensate for it in Audacity itself.

Which is why I started using Reaper instead. I have absolutely no latency problems with it using the same setup, it's free, and it is much more robust than Audacity will in all likelihood ever be.

Seriously, though, Reaper is leaps and bounds above Audacity.
Quote by Kidzelda
I had a similar problem when I used Audacity. I'm pretty sure it's lag from the interface your using, and I'm not aware of anyway to compensate for it in Audacity itself.

Which is why I started using Reaper instead. I have absolutely no latency problems with it using the same setup, it's free, and it is much more robust than Audacity will in all likelihood ever be.

Seriously, though, Reaper is leaps and bounds above Audacity.

No it isn't, but it's dirt cheap for what it is.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm