Hi, I'm very new to the whole computer/guitar thing, and I bought a guitar/usb interface and Guitar Rig 3 but I have no idea how to set it up so Guitar Rig picks up the sound from my guitar?

I have it set up so the guitar's plugged into the USB interface and the USB is plugged into my computer which is how it's supposed to be I believe... Do I need to download a special driver or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
all you have to do is after registering, go to file>audiomidisettings>select your interface.

Done.

-Ryan
most interfaces come with their own ASIO drivers, you need to install that.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Nothing shows up under "Input Interface"

and under routing where it shows Inputs, it says nothing's connected
yeah you need to install the device drivers for your interface, it should have come with a CD.

Last.fm
I use guitar rig and I've found plugging the guitar straight into the soundcard works best. make sure it's plugged into the line in. I use a soundblaster audigy 2. this has only a 2ms latency on asio. not bad for a 20 quid soundcard.
Argh, when I try to install the driver it says my operating system is not supported (Vista)

Is there a solution to this?
go to the companies website and see if they have released a driver for Vista, the CD is probably really outdated.

Last.fm
Ok I got it working! Thanks alot for your help.

So I guess the next question is... How do I record using the tone I have in Guitar Rig?
you need to record in a DAW, using guitar rig as an effects plug-in.

If you don't have a DAW already I suggest Reaper.

Last.fm
Is there a way to record IN Guitar Rig? I can't figure out how to get Guitar Rig to work with Reaper
not that I know of, read reapers manual, and look for how to insert VSTi effects.

Last.fm
You can record a track using the Tapedeck and an overdub in Tapedeck Two in GR and save it as a .wav, but it's rather simplistic. I use it sparingly when I'm drafting riffs and trying out different sounds and really wouldn’t recommend it for anything else. If you're struggling with Reaper, try another free program like Audacity. Or, keep searching these forums to see if anyone else had a similar issue with Reaper.

From GR’s manual regarding the Tapedeck:

To record your playing:
• Click on the New button in the lower left. This automatically enables record by pushing in the Record button. If you have already created a new file, you can just click on the Record button.
• The Play Mode button changes to a Record Mode button; select either Record at Input (records the input signal that feeds the Rig) or Record at Output (the recorded signal includes any processing that’s set up in the rig).
• Record mode is already enabled, so click on the Play button to initiate recording.
• After recording, click on the Save button, navigate to the folder where you want to save the file, name it, and click on Save.
If you don't like the tapedeck there is a loop machine.

Go to
Components --> Tools --> Add loop machine to your rack.
mrmoo182 - start reading the REAPER manual (if that's the DAW you're gonna use) - it will allow you to do so many cool things besides JUST RECORD. Learn how to add PLUG-INS (VST's on a PC). You'll be amazed at all the KEWL things a DAW will do when you get ready to record... It's the 21st Century and DAW's are amazing once you start learning and using them. I don't use REAPER but it would be a great place to start. My PC Bud uses MAGIX Studio or something like that - he's recording some amazing stuff for just getting started and he LOVES the MAGIX software.
Now running an Eleven Rack with Pro Tools 10.3.3 - it's amazing and I'm having ball with it - worth every penny. PT 10 is tops IMO and the Eleven Rack is a work of art!
Quote by Deal
You can record a track using the Tapedeck and an overdub in Tapedeck Two in GR and save it as a .wav, but it's rather simplistic. I use it sparingly when I'm drafting riffs and trying out different sounds and really wouldn’t recommend it for anything else. If you're struggling with Reaper, try another free program like Audacity. Or, keep searching these forums to see if anyone else had a similar issue with Reaper.

Audactiy doesn't have VST or DX support IIRC, so you can't really use GR with it.

Last.fm