Brain Stew on my profile: http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/tr3nt/music/all/play580101

I recorded Brain Stew because I wanted to add drums and thats the only song on drums I can remotely play. Lol. I'm still having trouble with;

EQ'ing - My software, Tracktion 2 has the worst EQ menu I've used, it's really confusing and I don't really know how to use it.. So I don't, I think I need to eq the drum track to get the bass drum out more.

Overloading - When I mix it and stuff it says I'm overloading it? What should I do? It sounds decent out of my speakers, don't know about you guys?

In my recordings I usually just record it, mix it, export it as a single .wav and bring it back in as one stereo track. Then I throw a compressor on it, and a final mix and thats it, what else should I be doing?

and then I posted here and not in covers because I'm looking for more tips on recording, I've been using my new software and interface for about a week and a half. Anything you hear that you would change please tell me so I can learn more. Thanks & Godbless

Edit; If you need a laugh (hopefully) check out "A Tribute to Emo" on my proflie :P
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Last edited by tr3nt at Mar 28, 2009,
Overloading probably means when it sums the tracks together the output is too high. YOu probably need to lower the level of all the tracks and keep them relative in the mix.

I didn't hear any clipping so maybe it was only slightly overloaded. New interface sounds good.
Yeah thats what I thought, but like, how do I get a substantial volume without OL'ing it? I think thats a pretty decent volume, what do you guys think?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Goin to sleep, leave comments I'll be back 8 hours