I bought a used JCM 800 2203 and HOLY **** it sounds amazing!

I want to remove the big white Marshall logo on the face of it. (minimalistic look) Do you guys know how it's attached? How would I go about getting it off, and would it hurt the resale value of the amp w/o it?
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
1. You're probably not going to be able to get it off without snapping it.
2. It would definitley hurt the resale value, having a Marshall logo on your amp enlarges your penis by 2" at least, because every amp Marshall makes is the best in its class.
Mine was pressed into holes on the pegs molded into it. Not sure if it is glued, mine came off with some careful prying, although mine was not fully intact to begin with. Try to keep it intact for full resale value, you should be able to press it back in. If it is glued, you may be able to peel it if you are careful.

I would keep it on, I only took mine off to replace it, as it said I played a "snall" due to being broken when I bought the amp.
Last edited by Chetbango at Mar 28, 2009,
its either clips or screws, bloody hell man just have a look at it

but i dont understand this minimalistic look it doesnt really do anything besides make u look like your embarresed to have marshall
Maybe Screws? thats how mine is. I guess you would have noticed that though.

I wouldn't do it. It probably will hurt resale value.
Quote by bartdevil_metal

2. It would definitley hurt the resale value, having a Marshall logo on your amp enlarges your penis by 2" at least, because every amp Marshall makes is the best in its class.

if this is sarcasm, it is full of win.

if it is not, it is full of fail.
I'm putting my GAS on hold
for a couple months in order to pimp my ride.

Don't judge me.
just throw some black tape over it, like a lot of bands do to their Marshall logos (Tom Morello, Mastodon, Boris, etc). Looks pretty BA without the blatant Marshall logo, and the black tape is completely reversable.
Quote by theoreticmusic
if this is sarcasm, it is full of win.

if it is not, it is full of fail.

It was indeed sarcasm.
Quote by RG_FANMAN
just throw some black tape over it, like a lot of bands do to their Marshall logos (Tom Morello, Mastodon, Boris, etc). Looks pretty BA without the blatant Marshall logo, and the black tape is completely reversable.

im doing as this man says

thank you lord fanman
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by bartdevil_metal
It was indeed sarcasm.

i had that feeling. considering the fact that you play an orange.

RG-fanman has the solution.

Don't judge me.
that is incredibly easy to remove.

Don't judge me.
Quote by touji-za-nai
im doing as this man says

thank you lord fanman

No problem, although as someone said there will be some residue if you do remove the tape, but it's nothing a slightly damp towels won't take care of.
Quote by Chetbango
Tape will leave a residue.

residue will leave a tape
Open the back up and take the whole front cover off it. Then put some plexiglass on there so you can see the T00Bz!!
Quote by theoreticmusic

Exactly
Quote by theoreticmusic

orange's are ****ing great sounding, i love the AD30

Quote by littlephil
Open the back up and take the whole front cover off it. Then put some plexiglass on there so you can see the T00Bz!!

good idea, but I have no money for plexiglass
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
hey what would happen if you just opened it up and took the whole front and left it uncovered? i think that would be pretty sick actually.

or you can even take like a piece of dry erase board and cut it to specifications and fit it on for a DRY ERASE BOARD ON YOU FREAKIN AMP!

that would be so sick.
Quote by Steeze
hey what would happen if you just opened it up and took the whole front and left it uncovered? i think that would be pretty sick actually.

or you can even take like a piece of dry erase board and cut it to specifications and fit it on for a DRY ERASE BOARD ON YOU FREAKIN AMP!

that would be so sick.

HAHAHAHAHA

that would definitely be cool, no sarcasm...

I wouldn't want to leave the amp exposed like that, I know nothing would probably happen, but it's still a scary thought.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by bartdevil_metal
Exactly

What is it with Marshall and Orange players hating each other?
Quote by Cathbard
If all you had to go on was the forum you'd think a Decimator could cure noise caused by dodgey stage lighting and restock the ocean's population of sperm whales
Quote by theoreticmusic
It's just the speaker...

a JCM 800 2203... is a head

and I would rather expose the front of the tubes then the speakers. The grill cloth on a cab actually has a purpose tone-wise.
Mesa Single Rectifier
Marshall 1960A vintage
Rg3exfm1 w/ EMG 85/81
Big Baby Taylor Acoustic
Ibanez TS808
Quote by shadow__666

i know a person who owned a jcm900 head and a orange tiny terror

ill admit, tiny terror wins in my personal opinion

he sold the jcm for a vox ac15 straight across..

i think it was a stupid trade considering the fact that the vox
did not even have the alnico blue, it had a celestion 100 watt in it..

sorry for the off topic post..
Quote by shadow__666

I have an answer for that, being in both camps. The reason is that some Marshall guys can't see beyond their "precious" brand and refuse to look beyond it. There are many Marshall owners that aren't a- holes. Problem is the a- hole group is the most vocal (these are often the people with sub-par models may I remind you). On the other hand you have the Orange camp, where most people there (including myself) started out looking for/owning a Marshall and got an Orange, since they have a similar tone. The thing is that many Orange players (including myself) agrees that Oranges does the classic Marshall tone better than many modern Marshalls. But then the Marshall guys shows up and says that no that is not the case, Orange are a cheap knockoff brand they say. War commences.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
I get sick of n00bs telling me that their precious JCM900 is better in every way than my Rocker 30.
^Tell me about it. The Rocker 30 is the best modern Marshall amp there is, since it sounds more Marshall than a Marshall. I used to have a Plexi, but it was way too loud so I needed to trade it for an amp that had that tone but wasn't as loud. The answer was a Rocker 30.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Quote by shadow__666

i like both

ts: i like amps without logos a bunch, and i fully support the black tape idea. looks badass
main rig:
MIM Tele->VP Jr.->CryBaby->Fuzz Factory->TS808->Carbon Copy->Phase 90->TU-3->Vox AC30CCH+Avatar 212 and Peavey VTM60+Marshall 1960A

Quote by necrosis1193
Fuzz...It's wonderful and horrible and beautiful and repulsive and so many things all at once.