me and my stepdad are always looking for new little projects to work on.
i got a new one =]
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ec-FFH7CBpA

i was thinking, i have a crappy dean vendetta (80$ NEW, its a piece of crap), and from the looks of that video, de-fretting a guitar looks pretty simple.

all you do is heat up the frets, rip them out, and put wood filler where the frets were and WAAAAHLAA, you got a fretless guitar!
i was just curious, has anyone done this to their guitar? if so, did it work?

my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
always wanted to try this, seems like it would be interesting just to have a fretless hanging around, sadly i cant offer advice on this.
P.R.S SE Custom

Line 6 Vetta combo
Quote by invision2212
always wanted to try this, seems like it would be interesting just to have a fretless hanging around, sadly i cant offer advice on this.

i know doesnt it seem really interesting?
i mean, ive played like 2 different fretless guitars, but if i have a couple crappy guitars hanging around, why not make them fretless?
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
i suggest installing a thin metal plating on the defretted fretboard. the vigier fretless, the one bumblefoot uses, has a metal fretboard to help the notes sustain, as wood making contact with the string kills the sound a bit
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by StratStar21
what exactly does a fretless guitar sound like?

i'm pretty sure the fact of whether a guitar has frets or not will not have anything to do with the sound, but i know it'll be very convienant for slide guitar, and you could slide your fingers faster up and down the neck.