Page 1 of 3
has anybody else ever heard of this? its both really funny and disturbing. its this like fraternity in the uk of people who think the world is flat, all governments are conspiring behind peoples backs, and the world is surrounded by an ICE WALL.
Quote by Lord-O-Donuts
The earth is spherical.

/thread.

No it's not. It's an oblong spheroid.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Ha ha! You heathrens don't know the truth of TIMECUBE!!!! MMMMWAHAAAAHAHA!
have you guys actually been to the website thought, its insane, go to flatearthsociety.org and just read some of it, i guarantee it will make you lol
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, put this in your sig if ur one of the 10 % who would shout "JUMP MUTHA****ERZ!"

Rob is my name is my game
Quote by Darksucker
Ha ha! You heathrens don't know the truth of TIMECUBE!!!! MMMMWAHAAAAHAHA!

What the hell is a heathren man?
The DNA results show that Jeremy Kyle is a nob.

Quote by titsmcgee852
I want to look at your sexual naked body.
Quote by walkinbazooka

No it's not. It's an obtuse hexogramical microwave.
||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||
Quote by ACG
No it's not. It's an obtuse hexogramical microwave.

That's uh...not a shape.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Quote by Ed Hunter

As in : "Them A-C-L-U aint nuthin' but a carhmoon erve Gawdless Cahmunerst Heathrens!"
everyone, go to http://www.theflatearthsociety.org/forum/ RIGHT NOW and read some of the stuff
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, put this in your sig if ur one of the 10 % who would shout "JUMP MUTHA****ERZ!"

Quote by walkinbazooka

I believe it's an oblate spheroid.

/thread.
Quote by Darksucker
As in : "Them A-C-L-U aint nuthin' but a carhmoon erve Gawdless Cahmunerst Heathrens!"

I was being facetious, son. What you mean to say is "heathen" without the "r" you put in for no apparent reason.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by Darksucker

I believe it is "heathens," as opposed to "heathrens."
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
Theirs flat earth groups all over the place, ridiculous really.
Quote by saltysnail
I believe it's an oblate spheroid.

/thread.

They're the same thing.
Quote by FlyingPirahna
That's uh...blatant sarcasm.

Really? Gee, thanks for telling me.
Quote by shattamakar

Quote by stevve

this is the only one ive seen, but its riduculous how hardcore they are, they come up with riduculous arguments that make no sense.

Wow, thats kind of creepy...
Quote by OzarkMDaredevil
Shit, this is pure win. You can have my interwebz, I was saving them for a rainy day.

^about my halloween costume
Quote by steee21
a sport

Quote by hriday_hazarika
Oh, so it's sorta like real-life gaming, then?
Quote by RockGuitar92
I believe it is "heathens," as opposed to "heathrens."

Yes, and it's Godless, not Gawdless, and "ain't" isn't a legitimate word. Please excuse my satiring of my neighbors.
Quote by Ed Hunter

this is typical 'heathren' behaviour.... i'm watching you buddy....
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
Quote by stevve

We're having a lot of trouble in this thread.

It's an interesting concept, but they don't believe in gravity and they offer no explanation of how our earth is accelerating at 9.8 m/s in the same direction.
Theres a song by Bad Religion about it.. listen to it.. not half a bad song 8)
Quote by metalimaster
this is typical 'heathren' behaviour.... i'm watching you buddy....

I hope for your sake you like nipple tassles...

Quote by titsmcgee852
Quote by master2sexy
Wow, thats kind of creepy...

its incredibly creepy, i once saw a picture of guys scaling the "ice wall" except you could clearly tell it was guys climbing a wall at a winter ice festival

lol...

their gravity argument is fail.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Q: "What's underneath the Earth?" aka "What's on the bottom?" aka "What's on the other side?"

A: This is unknown. Some believe it to be just rocks, while others believe the Earth rests on the back of four elephants and a turtle.

EDIT: Reading most of there FAQ, it makes me feel smart as a middle school drop out.
Last edited by TeslaWolf at Mar 28, 2009,
I hardly think Terry Pratchett is a noted scientific geologist.

Quote by titsmcgee852
Q: "What about Lunar Eclipses and Moon Phases?"

A: An invisible celestial body, known as the Shadow Object, passes between the sun and moon during a Lunar Eclipse. This projects a shadow upon the moon.

Oh lawl.
Quote by shattamakar

Re: Flat Earth FAQ - Read This!

Physics

Q: "What is the circumference and diameter of the Earth?"

Circumference: 78225 miles
Diameter: 24,900 miles

NOTE: These values are official regarding the Earth's circumference and diameter.

Q: "What about the stars, sun and moon and other planets? Are they flat too? What are they made of?"

A: The sun and moon, each 32 miles in diameter, circle Earth at a height of 3000 miles at its equator. They are located midway between the North Pole and the ice wall. Each functions similar to a "spotlight," with the sun radiating "hot light" and the moon "cold light." As they are spotlights, they only give light out over a certain are which explains why some parts of the Earth are dark when others are light. Their apparent rising and setting are caused by optical illusions.

The stars are about as far as San Francisco is from Boston. (3100 miles)

Q: "Please explain sunrises/sunsets."

A: It's a perspective effect. Really, the sun is just getting farther away; it looks like it's disappearing because everything gets smaller, and eventually disappears as it gets farther away.

[UPDATE: The Flat Earth Society no longer accepts the Electromagnetic Accelerator (AKA "bendy light") theory due to a consensus among the FEW members.]

Q: "Why are other celestial bodies round but not the Earth?"

A: The Earth is not one of the other planets. The Earth is special and unlike the other bodies in numerous ways.

Q: "What about satellites? How do they orbit the Earth?"

A: Since sustained spaceflight is not possible, satellites can't orbit the Earth. The signals we supposedly receive from them are either broadcast from towers or any number of possible pseudolites. However, temporary space-flight is possible.

Q: "What's underneath the Earth?" aka "What's on the bottom?" aka "What's on the other side?"

A: This is unknown. Some believe it to be just rocks, while others believe the Earth rests on the back of four elephants and a turtle.

Q: "What about gravity?"

A: Dark Energy accelerates the Earth and all celestial bodies in the universe at 9.8m/s2. This is commonly known as Universal Acceleration, which produces the same effect as gravity. General relativity uses this concept to explain the equivalence between proper acceleration and gravity.

Q: "Isn't this version of gravity flawed? Wouldn't planes/helicopters/paragliders crash into the Earth as the Earth rises up to them?"

A: No. By the same argument, we could ask why planes/helicopters/paragliders don't crash into the Earth as they accelerate down towards them. The reason that planes do not crash is that their wings produce lift, which, when the rate of acceleration upwards equals that of gravity's pull downwards, causes them to remain at a constant altitude.

The same thing happens if the Earth is moving up. The plane is accelerating upwards at the same rate as the Earth, which means the distance between them does not change. Therefore, the plane stays at the same height and does not crash.

Wow... This level of stupidity deserves a medal...
My faith in humanity is diminished. These morons need to die
Quote by flabber.gast
I used to be a big hip-hop fan, but lately my interest has Wayned a Lil.

This is even more stupid than Holocaust-deniers.
All your base are belong to us.
Quote by Xp3ns1v3
This is even more stupid than Holocaust-deniers.

No I'm pretty sure those guys are right.
Quote by shattamakar

Hate to break it to you, guys but the Flat Earth Theory is just a....

Noble Truth, yeah.
Quote by Darksucker
Yes, and it's Godless, not Gawdless, and "ain't" isn't a legitimate word. Please excuse my satiring of my neighbors.

By all means is my grammar and spelling perfect, but typically there is different rules between speech and writing. (Technically they are the same, but people speak different than when they right. When writing the rules of grammar and spelling should be followed. When talking the rules are less strict.)

It may be hard to understand, but I am extremely tired.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
haha well it's about as provable as the big bang
Quote by Argonaut
^ Wrong Kensai.

Quote by Sean-Man
I may be a Narcissist, But im the Best Narcissist
Page 1 of 3