Hey guys, i'm going to get new gear because i don't feel satisfacted with my squier's sound, and my multi-effects pedal is kinda crappy... I just don't know if i should get a new amp, a better pedal, change the pickups or even wait some more until i can get a better guitar.
I play stuff like The Strokes, Arctic Monkeys, The White Stripes and other alt-indie stuff. In most songs i play the rythym parts while singing, but in some i can play the lead ones.
I would like a brighter sound, because my amp is really great for bass-like parts, but when i play like Mardy Bum (Arctic Monkeys) or some Albert Hammond Jr. songs, i get a bit disappointed with the sound i get (obviusly, because my amp is for basses!)... and i'm not bad, i just ain't got years of experience yet.
My actual set:
Guitar: Squier California Series Stratocaster (rosewood fretboard, standard pickups)
Amp: Marshall B25 MK II
My only pedal by now is a crappy G1X by Zoom... the overdrive and most other effects are really crappy.
I use Santo Angelo cables, they're national cables, it's not bad.
My strings are Gibson custom-made 0.09 ones... it's really weird, you must think, to use Gibson strings in a Squier! But the sound is really brighter than my D'Addario previous ones were.
Oh yeah, if you think i'd better buy a pedal, please note that it can't be very expensive (dunno bout prices) and i'd rather chose a regular pedal, not a multi effects one.
My poor gear:
Squier Stratocaster California Series
Zoom G1X
Marshall B25 MKII
well, depending on the budget, i would say go for a line 6 amp. they may not sound great, but you can get the amp and effects built into it, so its pretty much a two in one.
Well thanks there, but could somebody explain me what's a budget? I'm still a noob in writing at forums and i've never been on a guitar forum before.
So, is there a Line 6 amp that you can find anywhere in the world? Because, like, i live in Brazil, and there's few variety, like, there's only two good stores in the whole city! And there's mostly Marshall and Meteoro (national ones) amps, never seen a Line 6...
Could you please give me another amp recommendation? Like a little one, or my bedroom will be totally taken, and one with a good, clean, bright sound... don't know how to describe it...
But thanks anyway.

Edit: oh yeah, i've seen Nick Valensi, Alex Turner and Jack White using Fender amps... do you think i should give it a try? If yes, could you give me the name of a good one that i could find in most shops please?
My poor gear:
Zoom G1X
Marshall B25 MKII
Last edited by Caikk at Mar 29, 2009,
DON'T BUY A LINE 6!!!

i doubt you have the cash to buy a good line 6 if you're playing a Squier through a Marshall bass amp.

we need to know your budget (how much cash do you have to spend?).

Good fender amps are a little pricey. DONT BUY A FRONTMAN. stay away from these. the cleans are sterile and the gin is harsh and brittle. check out the Pro Junior and the Blues Junior. the pro is cheaper than the blues.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Last edited by Jhachey22 at Mar 29, 2009,
Yeah, i was thinking about it, and i reckon it would be nearly impossible if there were any Line 6 amps in my city.
Also, about the Fender ones, i've checked the store on-line, and there is not a single Hot Rod! No Pro Junior, no Blues Junior... In fact i'm not sure if there's any Fender amp at all... well, then could you tell me a little Marshall one like that?

Edit: i forgot the budget thing. Well, i don't know an average price for amps, i'd say at maaaximum 150 bucks... dunno... gotta check some stuff first...
My poor gear:
Zoom G1X
Marshall B25 MKII
Last edited by Caikk at Mar 29, 2009,
^the only marshalls worth buying are very expensive
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
Then i really guess i'm gonna have to wait till i can get a decent amp... but thanks anyway. About buying my next guitar now, do you think i should get a better strat (i love the sound, it's really versatile), or should i buy an Epi, or an Ibanez or something else? The thing is, i would hardly find a good Epi down here, there's mostly Washburn, Squier and Fender... but if i get lucky... but thanks anyway.
My poor gear:
Zoom G1X
Marshall B25 MKII
trust us and get a new amp first...THEEEEEEEN weel talk guitars
B-52 OWNERZ LINK!!!

GUITAR
Gibson SG Special Faded Brown w/ Duncan Blackouts
AMP
B-52 At-112 60 Wat All Tube Combo
PEDALS
MXR 108 10 Band EQ
ISP Noise Gate
SETUP
SG --> MXR --> ISP --> B-52
Okay then. Thanks a lot everybody! I'll try to get that Pro Junior one.
My poor gear:
Zoom G1X
Marshall B25 MKII
Quote by Caikk
Well thanks there, but could somebody explain me what's a budget? I'm still a noob in writing at forums and i've never been on a guitar forum before.
So, is there a Line 6 amp that you can find anywhere in the world? Because, like, i live in Brazil, and there's few variety, like, there's only two good stores in the whole city! And there's mostly Marshall and Meteoro (national ones) amps, never seen a Line 6...
Could you please give me another amp recommendation? Like a little one, or my bedroom will be totally taken, and one with a good, clean, bright sound... don't know how to describe it...
But thanks anyway.

Edit: oh yeah, i've seen Nick Valensi, Alex Turner and Jack White using Fender amps... do you think i should give it a try? If yes, could you give me the name of a good one that i could find in most shops please?

i say fender hot rod deville
IN/ RAINBOWS
IN RAIN/BOWS
IN RAINBOW/S
IN RAINBOWS/
IN RAIN_BOWS
RA D IOHEA_D
RAD IO HEA D

Quote by I'mronburgundy?
in addition to all of that, you also win the thread.

Quote by metallica724
>:O littlejoy isnt a creep hes full of win unlike you