Hey ppl, been a while since i was on (3 months i think)

I got an ibanez 09 magazine last week and found some very nice guitars. One in particular is the RGA42FM. I'm trying to avoid the Edge III's and stick with some fixed bridges for a bit until i build up the $ for a decent trem. So has anyone worked with this guitar - pickups, bridge etc to go in to some detail.

Any help will be appreciated. This guitar will be on the waiting list for a bit so its not an urgent buy. Thanks.
i thought the edge lll's were supposed to be good?
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, put this in your sig if ur one of the 10 % who would shout "JUMP MUTHA****ERZ!"

Rob is my name is my game
do you have a nearby guitar center?
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, put this in your sig if ur one of the 10 % who would shout "JUMP MUTHA****ERZ!"

Quote by StratStar21
do you have a nearby guitar center?

Na man i'm an aussie, and live in the country so i dont have a huge selection at the guitars id love to have. Only strats, acoustics, some ibanez, washburn, and some other ones. Keep in mind most of the brands i mentioned, theres only like 3 or less there on display.
the rga's are great. they, too me, are just a more comfortable, quality ibanez. the bridge is nice, u r correct to stay away from edge iii's
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
Quote by ShallowEndings
Na man i'm an aussie, and live in the country so i dont have a huge selection at the guitars id love to have. Only strats, acoustics, some ibanez, washburn, and some other ones. Keep in mind most of the brands i mentioned, theres only like 3 or less there on display.

wow im ignorant, sorry for that, i guess edge lll's arnt that good then

Quote by StratStar21
wow im ignorant, sorry for that, i guess edge lll's arnt that good then

Ignorant? Its all good. One of the users here told me, that id be fine with the Edge III if i wasn't doing heavy divebombing etc, but i prefer the ease of use with a fixed bridge. Call me lazy or whatever, but i didnt play my ibanez fixed bridge for nearly two months and it was still in tune. So i guess i done good huh.
ignorant as in automatically thinking you were from the us

You should avoid the edge 3 for more than just the fact that it's a floating trem. They're made of rather cheap metal and the knife edges wear down pretty fast, causing it to lose stability and go out of tune extremely fast.
They are rather nice looking guitars. for the price here in aus, you'd be hard pressed finding a better guitar for the kind of music you're into. If you like though, look into J&D Luthier guitars. I'm not sure how wide spread they are but they stack up as some of the best sub $1000 guitars here in aus.

That said, i've only played the J&D Luthier Duke 30. $799 if i remember correctly.
For those who care.
Current Gear
Cort Zenox Z42
Flextone II
Charvel USA So-Cal
Farida M2 Parlour Acoustic
Admira Hand-built Spanish Acoustic
Blackstar HT-5H
Line 6 M13
Last edited by .:Darkness:. at Mar 29, 2009,
i bought a ibanez RG370dx about a month ago and it has an edge 3 bridge, but i'm really quite impressed by it. i had a fixed bridge for a while, but i don't notice a difference between it and the edge 3, except i have a whammy bar. and the tuning is perfect, no matter what i do. i can put the guitar through hell with it and it'll just smile.