Hello all!

I'm new to the forum and wanted to let ya'll in on the project I have been working on! I have not played for about 10 years but spent some time with a high school buddy that was as big of a Van Halen fan as I was and we saw them in concert together 7 times in the 90's ( awesome ) So I started thinking I needed to build a replica of the Frankenstrat.... I went to Art school so this was right up my alley as far as painting.... I tried to spare no detail and give a good representation of the real thing!

I think it turned out Great! II'm very please!

Then the guitar shop I bought the guitar asked to see how it turned out and they were extremly impressesd!

Here are some pics of my project, I would love to hear your feedback and advice! Honestly I'm just a huge Van Halen Fan that wanted to build a Frankestrat for myself but if others want me to use my skills to create one for them, let me know.

Here are the pics:

(Invalid img)

my Finised Frankenstrat Guitar:

http://www.slonedesign.com/Frankenstrat/mockup.jpg

Finally the Comparison with Eddies Original: ( Not to bad )

http://www.slonedesign.com/Frankenstrat/FrankensteinComparison.jpg

And here is the case I painted for the guitar:

http://www.slonedesign.com/Frankenstrat/case.jpg

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and if any has any questions I can be reached at mslone@slonedesign.com

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

Michael
very cool

did you remember the cigarette burns?
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
looks pretty nice. if i ever tried to do that, i would get really far and do really good, then screw something up so bad at the last minute...
Be still my heart, I hear your back cracking...

...sounds like music to me
awesom!!
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
excellent
In order to live, you must be ready to die

R.I.P. DIO

FUCK JUSTIN BIEBER

Quote by Metallica_AC/DC
a mental asylum called Mike

Quote by Masamune
That's cuz you mad...Mike.

Sorry, had to get my corniness out of the way.
nice replica but your forgot to dirty up the fret board! You have this grungy guitar and a brand new fretboard

But really nice job there have been alot of these around the site and yours is one of the better ones
Quote by Dr. House
Nice vibe you just put out there. Its like daddy just hit mommy at the dinner table and we all still want to eat.
It looks to clean. Even the "wear" looks clean. Dirt it up some. Sweat on and in it.
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
Quote by guitarsftw
very cool

did you remember the cigarette burns?

I have not completed everything yet, I'm not going to strip the finish off the neck and make it look like its 40 years old... I will proubably add the cigarette burns though!
It looks really awesome, the only suggestion I can give is to make it look more beat up. Right now it just looks kind of "plastic" and new. But hey, other than that it's really really close to original, nice work on detail !
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
you forgot the quarter!!! very good job!
MyGear
Schecter Hellraiser (EMG 85/81 + 18v mod)
LTD SC-207 with EMG 707
Peavey 6505 Head
Some random Peavey 4x12 slant cab
Boss Chorus Ensemble + Boss DD-3 + Dunlop Crybaby Wah + Boss NS2
Quote by metalhead_c-1
you forgot the quarter!!! very good job!

no, its there
Quote by AA00P
Listen to the man, he's Jewish.
These pictures were taking during stages... So things have changed a liitle along the way. I have the quarter. YES 1971... Took a little digging to find it...

Yea I just got it done and still have some stuff to do but wanted to post some pics! I agree it needs to be dirtyied up a bit to look more authentic, But hey at least this one did not cost me 25K..... Unbelievable. It's not perfect but a True VH fananatic would surely pick it apart... but hey I dont have to worry about taking this one out to play, and i do not worry about having armed guards to protect it or install a laser securilty system in the house.

I has the the same pickup and electronics as the 25K guitar so hopefully it should sound as well.... Know if I could only play like Eddie.....

Thanks for the feedback, I'll podt more picks when its completely done.

Also I realize I suck at spelling.... Its part of being an artist i guess...

Later!
needs alot more dirt and nasty-ness.

let all your buddies go gigging with it and let them **** it up and sweat on it and stuff.
Official Aspie member

ANOUNCEMENT: Weird misspellings or words that make no sense? there was a good chance this was sent from my Droid 2 phone.
Quote by SinisterStrieth
.. You are the man.

RIP Dime RIP Michael Jackson
Really well done.

I hope to do one of these one day.

Gear
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Carvin V3 and Marhall 1960A cab
2 B.C. Rich Ironbird Pro
Schecter Hellraiser 6
Boss ML-2

Quote by guitarcam123
why must people do this?
Can't someone do anything original?

Well I image that Most Folks do this for the same reasons I did :I love Guitar music and VH is my favorite band and I have other guitars but felt it would be like having the holy grail of Guitars to have a Frankenstrat. becuase Eddie Van Halen was a Rock Guitar God and Pioneer That built an Iconic Guitar that was a revolution in Rock Guitar!

Not to Mention the True Replica sells for 25K. Plus the quality garage time drinking beers building a cool guitar.

Honelstly you know this is a cool Guitar or you would not have even looked at the tread?

I imagine that most of these folks here that pull the "Do Something Original" Card proubably just don't have the talent to do a decent replica of the Frankenstrat...

Face it....It's cool or people would not continue to do it again and again...

Well I have to run, Got to go pick up my Elvis Jumsuit from the Dry cleaners in my Dodge "General Lee" Relpica... my Batmobile is in the Shop.

Better Living Through Sarcasm
Missing a floyd?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Quote by zekk
It looks to clean. Even the "wear" looks clean. Dirt it up some. Sweat on and in it.

this

other than how clean it looks its great good job!
Epiphone les paul studio
Traynor YCS50
vox wah V847
Fulltone Full-Drive 2
squire strat- currently in process of getting custom finish!

gassing for warmoth build
wow that is very close in detail but I agree with everyone who says its too shiny
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}