hey guys, i was just wondering if someone one can help me with a stategy to learn how to mute my strings using my fretting hand? i want to beable to make my shred as clean as possible thanks everyone
you could just cheat and put a hair tie on the first fret

but in terms of fret hand muting, what i try and do is mute the string above with the tip of my finger as i sweep through..... sounds stupid but i cant think of a better way to explain it....
Quote by Bubban
I once had a sudden urge to rape sheep in Scotland after watching CNN, that was pretty freaky.
It's called palm muting. Try to just lightly touch the bump of your palm pretty close to the bridge.
I believe FreePower threw together a vid on this...check out the tube.
Quote by \m/Angus\m/
It's called palm muting. Try to just lightly touch the bump of your palm pretty close to the bridge.

yea i already do that and that method only works well with down sweeping and i wanna get even cleaner then that.

i kinda wanted a method on how to learn this too cause i understand how it works i just dont know how to go at it.. and i have tried just going at it.
thanks guys
Quote by metalimaster
you could just cheat and put a hair tie on the first fret

but in terms of fret hand muting, what i try and do is mute the string above with the tip of my finger as i sweep through..... sounds stupid but i cant think of a better way to explain it....

yea i know what you mean. how did u come to learn this?