Is there such a thing as a pedal that works like a volume pedal, only instead of turning up the volume, It fades from clean to distortion? Like, pulled back its completely clean, but when you press it forward it starts fading into distortion, until its pushed all the way down, and then its full blown distortion...

Like something that can fade from to clean to distortion?
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Sounds like a custom job to me, putting the "gain"/"distortion" on the foot swivel.
Lord Gold feeds from your orifices and he wants to see you sweat.
Lord Gold probes you publicly and makes your pussy wet.
Now say his name.....
Iv'e always wanted something like that... maybe I'll build one...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
sounds to me like you should build it and patent it...who knows the cool sounds you can make by "wah"ing it. could be interesting

when you make it, and get it on mass production let me know, i'll buy it
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
if you use an amp on the distortion channel, a volume pedal in front of the amp will do just that.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!
ZVex Fuzz Probe is the closest in-production pedal that you will get.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
two things:

1) the volume pot on your guitar can pretty much do that.
QUOTE]

This will work but won't it also lower your volume? Same thing if you use a volume pedal. The gain will drop but so will the volume.
Just put a distortion circuit in a wah or volume enclosure, simply hook up the drive/gain pot in place of the wah pot. Want it done? I'd do it for you, for the right price of course
Quote by mpsya

This will work but won't it also lower your volume? Same thing if you use a volume pedal. The gain will drop but so will the volume.

well that's supposed to happen with gain. that's part of the dynamics of playing. Everytime you add gain or distortion your volume should go up, otherwise it doesnt sound right.

Check out any guitarist that switches from clean to dist. often, there is always a volume boost because that's what gain is about, boosting stuff.