Finally took a chance on eBay because I couldn't pass up the cost, always wanted to try a Michael Kelly, and I wanted something inexpensive just to jam with or take around without having to worry so much about anything happening to it. It's a lot better looking in the pictures, and it plays a lot better than I expected. Perfectly straight neck and hardly a buzz with really low action. Nice finish and a very good sound. My only gripe is the volume pot gets hissy unless it's either up full or down completely, but I wonder if that had anything to do with a lot of the electronics that were running nearby. Some time in the future, I'll replace the pickups and pots, but it's not terribly needed. Still, quite surprised and impressed by MK and now eager to look at more.

Michael Kelly Vex Exotic X

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Looks sick!
90% of teens say they would cry if they saw the Jonas Brothers about to fall off a skyscraper, put this in your sig if ur one of the 10 % who would shout "JUMP MUTHA****ERZ!"

Rob is my name is my game
So wait, did you buy it or are you planning to buy it? If you bought it, good choice, if you haven't, then do it. That looks like a really nice guitar, really nice looking finish.
I did get it. That's my living room, lol. Was an eBay purchase. Got it for $170+shipping new. Places I've checked around when researching it, had it for between $350-$400. Took a chance seeing is I didn't get a chance to play it before buying, but glad I did now.
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."
Quote by Hakael
I did get it. That's my living room, lol. Was an eBay purchase. Got it for $170+shipping new. Places I've checked around when researching it, had it for between $350-$400. Took a chance seeing is I didn't get a chance to play it before buying, but glad I did now.

That's an awesome deal
Quote by Hakael

Wow you lucky bugger you

How does it play? If the retail price was $350-400, it's quality could've probably gone either way - pretty good, decent or overpriced POS. Was it set up well when you bought it or did/do you need to get it set up.

In any case, it looks pretty high quality for that price. I've never heard of Michael Kelly before, but it looks good. I'll admit to being a brandname junkie, but I'd get this guitar.
I actually like the color a lot, looks really nice.
And I can't believe you got it for that cheap, it would easily fool me into thinking it was worth a lot more.
[[[The Game]]]
Quote by VictorVella

This thread proves Gigatiran is awesome, and a lot more awesome than your average awesome. I bet he even owns a duster like Dennis Reynolds.
Quote by Gigatiran
I actually like the color a lot, looks really nice.
And I can't believe you got it for that cheap, it would easily fool me into thinking it was worth a lot more.

I think a lot of MK guitars are like that
Quote by kenan6346
Wow you lucky bugger you

How does it play? If the retail price was $350-400, it's quality could've probably gone either way - pretty good, decent or overpriced POS. Was it set up well when you bought it or did/do you need to get it set up.

In any case, it looks pretty high quality for that price. I've never heard of Michael Kelly before, but it looks good. I'll admit to being a brandname junkie, but I'd get this guitar.

It plays surprisingly well. Neck was perfectly straight and my first thought when I took it out of the box was working on doing a major setup, but it had practically no buzz at all, and the action is extremely low. Pretty much was playable right out of the box. I'll have a better idea after I've had it for a while longer to see if it needs any further adjustments, but otherwise not seeing it really needing any other than having needed to be tuned. I was very surprisingly impressed. The only MAJOR thing I've done, other than tune it up, was condition the fretboard.
Last edited by Hakael at Mar 29, 2009,
is the neck dry or just kinda dirty?.. i think you need to clean and freshen it up.. good buy nonetheless.. congrats on your NGD!.. it looks really nice..
Gear:

PRS SE Standard
Ibanez AEG8E-NT w/ Seymour Duncan Woody SC
Yupangco Classical Guitar
Korg AX5G
Marshall MG50DFX
Vox Pathfinder 15R
That finish is gorgeous!
Guitars

- Epiphone Les Paul Standard Ebony Finish
- Hohner Hc-06 Classical guitar

Amplifiers

-Roland Cube 30x
Effects
- Vox Wah-wah
Quote by deltacross
is the neck dry or just kinda dirty?.. i think you need to clean and freshen it up.. good buy nonetheless.. congrats on your NGD!.. it looks really nice..

It was just dry, not at all that dirty. I reconditioned the neck after those photos and it seems a lot cleaner/darker looking now.
Specifications
CONSTRUCTION: Bolt on
BODY: Paulonia
NECK: Maple
TOP: Flame or figured maple
FRETBOARD: Rosewood
FRETS: 24 medium jumbo
SCALE: 25-1/2”
BRIDGE: Tune-o-matic
TUNERS: Grover®
PICKUPS: Michael Kelly PAF-Plus
ELECTRONICS: 1 volume, 1 tone, 1 three-way toggle
I love the look! I have played many MK guitars and they are very nice when I can get one for a price I feel is worth it I'll get one for sure.