ok so i have an ibanez 350 mdx and im wondering about tuning it with the bridge locked so i can play some dive bombs and stuff. how is this done?
I lol'd you've been warned
use the fine tuners on the bridge.

edit: give me 5 minutes and I'll find a pic to show you.

they look similar to this.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Ahahaha TS just got gobsmacked.
Well played Wicked Rose
Last edited by Wicked Rose at Mar 28, 2009,
Dive bombs are natural harmonics, not a special tuning. Just watch something on youtube about tuning FR's
Smart Pothead and Proud
Quote by 36mikeyb36
Dive bombs are natural harmonics, not a special tuning. Just watch something on youtube about tuning FR's

I think he was referring to once he uses the whammy and puts his guitar out of tune.
... wrote
the funny thing about those ads is, if i could steal a car at the comfort of my own computer in my own house, i would.

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
Quote by LazyBum
and how do i lock it and keep it staying that way?

ok, I'll give you a simple explanation. first, you tune you guitar using the tuners on the headstock. this will get you a vauge tuning to work with. you then use

these, to lock it into that tuning. the tuning will have changed slightly, and that is when you use the fine tuners to get it to the precise tuning that you want. if it goes out of tune, try to use the fine tuners and if you can't get your tuning, restart the process.
... wrote

Quote by MyDesertRose
Well played Wicked Rose
And when you're done, the main plate of the bridge system should be parallel to the body of the guitar and the action just how you want it. The advantage of locking systems is that they don't go out of tune easily, whatever tricks you pull on the guitar. But they are a lot of work to set and tune in the first place.
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x