i'm in desperate need of help,

i'm currently using ProgeCAD 2008 Smart, which is bassically exactly the same as Autodesk's AutoCAD.

I need to draw an isometric view of a swiss army knife for my graphics assign, and i need to ask some questions.

i've already done an orthographic and components view, so i know a little about progeCAD/autoCAD. If i don't understand i'll ask you to explain.

My first question is:

in isometric view, nothing seems to be to scale like i want it to be, should it be a little off because its on a 30 degree angle?? (and yes, i'm using allign in dimension to measure it.)
Last edited by Dire straits at Mar 28, 2009,
Can't you just do it normally and then just change the visual style or rotate it to the side 30 degrees?

I am pretty sure I can on auteCAD at school. Then again my teacher doesn't teach.
Quote by Tyler Durden
It's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything.

Erowid
my teacher at my school never teaches either.
Maybe theirs an association of non-teaching autoCAD people
love is love // return to dust
I used autocad last year for my engineering design class, its the ****test program ive come across so far.
Yeah AutoCad is pretty crappy.

If it seems off, it's probably just the ISO messing with your perception of the drawing. Measure it and see if it is really off, it it isn't, then I wouldn't worry about it.
Weekend Warrior
I use Bentley but go to the manufactor's website hopefully they will help.
Have:
Ibanez RG7321
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Epiphone Les Paul Prophecy GX
Ovation Celebrity
B-52 AT-112

Want:
N/A
Quote by ML_Guitar09
If it seems off, it's probably just the ISO messing with your perception of the drawing. Measure it and see if it is really off, it it isn't, then I wouldn't worry about it.

thats the thing, its freakin hard to measure in isometric view